NFC Slug-Fest: Hawks @ 9ers

23 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

Have you been watching John Brown this year? He has been very good.  He and Sanders are comparable players at this stage in their careers.  For this season I would not trade Brown for Sanders

I’ve been watching both play. Sanders catches everything.  Much more complete WR and runner after catch. 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can't blame Hauschka for missing a 50+ yard kick. In fact I rarely blame kickers unless it's under 40. You'd think I was a kicker or something. I just don't trust kickers and never want to rely on them.

He should have made the 34 yarder. The other one, it’s at the edge of his range and on grass. But the reality is, and always is, it’s not just on him. Close loss but time to move on.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Big C said:

So was Shanahan playing for the win instead of the tie actually a bad coaching decision a the end there?

He should have went for it on the 4th and short late. Their kicking situation is shaky; have to be able to get a half yard. 

Even when struggling, without Kittle and Sanders, San Francisco's offense looks like a different sport from ours. I just want some offensive minds on staff that can make our offense look like other mediocre offenses can look (not saying SF's always is), much less actually good ones

It's possible for that to exist without firing Sean, he just needs to get the dang OC hire right 

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Even when struggling, without Kittle and Sanders, San Francisco's offense looks like a different sport from ours. I just want some offensive minds on staff that can make our offense look like other mediocre offenses can look (not saying SF's always is), much less actually good ones

It's possible for that to exist without firing Sean, he just needs to get the dang OC hire right 

It does, but I’m not sure McD has it in him. They need a better OC to go along with some better players. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s halfway into their 3rd year. I don’t care if your “friend” watches or not, but they have the 3rd best record in the conference. 

My friend said: let’s check back in on this one after 16 games!  (He’s not too optimistic right now)

7 hours ago, arcane said:

Huh?  Once Sanders went out, they could barely do anything and Jimmy G was fumbling and trying to throw picks left and right...

Excuse me, but I’d rather not look like that...

Edited by SCBills

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Huh?  Once Sanders went out, they could barely do anything and Jimmy G was fumbling and trying to throw picks left and right...

Excuse me, but I’d rather not look like that...

And you see Shanahan's face on the sidelines, he was blaming Garoppolo for the poor execution, the playcalling was right Garoppolo failed miserably.

51 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

My friend said: let’s check back in on this one after 16 games!  (He’s not too optimistic right now)

I don’t know how long he’s been a Bills fan but if he waited until the best season they’ve had in 26 years to stop watching, that strikes me as a weird flex but ok. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, arcane said:

I don't think it is possible because it's not McDs style, he is a defensive coach who thinks defence wins games. Beane is on the same page as him and IIRC they both said this offseason they realized they needed to upgrade the offence too, and this is what we got......

I don't see them getting that change with a different OC because McD isn't likely to do it, and Beane won't make a change without McDs advise and approval, they work together.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

To look at it any other way is just silly, IMO. Come on, any rational adult realizes the clock starts over with a new owner, and each new regime. Rex was a disaster, but they learned and ate that contract, cleaned house and have something going in the right direction. 

What were the Bills doing before the Pegulas purchased the team?  Could it be....trying to rebuild?  How effective a job they were doing is debatable, but they were indeed trying to rebuild.  The 49ers were trying to do the same thing from 2015 on, and ownership finally hit on Lynch and Shanahan in 2017.