NFC Slug-Fest: Hawks @ 9ers

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They are... tonight, against an ineffective 49er offense. 

They gave up 34 to Tampa Bay and went to OT with them last week.  

If you watch them, you would know their Defense isn’t usually this good.  

Tampa’s offense has been pretty good this year.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

San Frans are very similar to ours.  If Knox could rapid mature into Kittle, id almost say the pass catchers for both teams are identical.  

I don’t see that at all. Emanuel Sanders is ridiculous, Samuel is a beast.  Goodwin is a less good version of Brown, but he’s their 4th WR

Can y'all help me out here? Why on earth do teams wait to use their timeouts in this situation? 

Say you assume you're going to stop the Hawks here. You let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning, then use a couple timeouts, and if they kick a FG your offense probably gets the ball with like 1:30-1:40 left. But if they had started taking teh same timeouts at 2:20, then it's possible they'd get it just before the two minute warning even happens, as long as Seattle's next two plays don't take a combined 20 seconds. 

I see this type of clock stuff consistently and I'm almost positive teams screw themselves out of 30 seconds for no reason with regularity.

Edited by arcane

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Wilson is great, no doubt. But they also set him up well— he is at 3rd and short all night. At that distance, he is going to convert with the ball in his hands.

It helps to know he's an automatic convert from that range. Don't have to give him 4 chances to get a 1st down. Get a few yards and give him his one shot to convert.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t see that at all. Emanuel Sanders is ridiculous, Samuel is a beast.  Goodwin is a less good version of Brown, but he’s their 4th WR

That’s quite the 49ers colored view of their WRs.  Deebo is a beast?,...

Id put Brown and Sanders on the same level.  

Kittle is who we dream of Knox becoming. 

Deebo/Goodwin/Bourne is similar to Cole/McKenzie/Foster.   (Your view of these guys would be different if Allen could hit an open McKenzie or Foster deep)

• Like (+1) 1