NFC Slug-Fest: Hawks @ 9ers

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  Since name isn't Allen he would probably get a pass.

Commenting on how players perform in other games isn't meant to excuse Allen but it is meant to provide PERSPECTIVE on the expectations we have for Allen.

Tonight Jimmy G's mistakes with ball security have led directly to 21 Seattle points.  As you note KD if Allen ever had a game like this heads would explode on 2BD.  And Sal Meanyiola would have a conniption.

This just in, Bills fans are much more critical of their teams mistakes than they are of players in other teams. 

Just now, Mango said:

I think Seattle embarrasses this years Bills team. This SF defense would give our offense nightmares. They are absolutely violent. 

Seattle gave up 28 to Cleveland, 30 to Baltimore and 34 to Tampa Bay, all within the last month.  

We’ve been embarrassed by exactly one team in terrible weather conditions, and that was still a game halfway through the 3rd.  

Im guessing this is the first time you’ve watched Seattle play this year?

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think Seattle embarrasses this years Bills team. This SF defense would give our offense nightmares. They are absolutely violent. 

Like they did to Cincinnati's offense?  Every game is different.  For all we know our O would have a better game against Seattle then it had against Phily. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

This just in, Bills fans are much more critical of their teams mistakes than they are of players in other teams. 

But there is such a thing as being to critical.  And there is such a thing as losing all perspective in that criticism.  Watching other NFL games provides perspective on what we should expect from our team, it's coaches and players.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Seattle gave up 28 to Cleveland, 30 to Baltimore and 34 to Tampa Bay, all within the last month.  

We’ve been embarrassed by exactly one team in terrible weather conditions, and that was still a game halfway through the 3rd.  

Difference is Seattle has an offense to win some of those games.  If Buffalo gives up 20 or more it’s almost always a loss 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Difference is Seattle has an offense to win some of those games.  If Buffalo gives up 20 or more it’s almost always a loss 

Im not saying I think we’d beat them, I’m just seeing a lot of prisoners of the moment who don’t realize Seattle’s defense doesn’t usually look this good and Jimmy G looks like Jimmy G pre-Sanders, without Sanders. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im not saying I think we’d beat them, I’m just seeing a lot of prisoners of the moment who don’t realize Seattle’s defense doesn’t usually look this good and Jimmy G looks like Jimmy G pre-Sanders, without Sanders. 

Some guy named Kittle is out too.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Pretty sure we were after him too according to rumours.  Guessing it was a why help an AFC wildcard competitor

He controlled where he went because he was on the tag. He had to sign it in order to be traded. Just be glad he refused to go to Miami. He will be a UFA in 2020 if Seattle can’t sign him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seattle is playing good football. Buffalo is playing some of their worst right now. Russell Wilson is on fire this year. I would worry about the defense keeping Seattle to a low scoring game, and I’d be worried about the Buffalo offense being able to compete with their defense the way they are playing with Clowney. 

so yes, I’d be worried we can keep up. 

I have seen a few SEA games this year. 

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

Some guy named Kittle is out too.

I know... So you’d agree that talent around the QB matters?   

This 49ers offense looks completely inept without those two.   

Some here would say that doesn’t matter and Jimmy G needs to be much better (which may also be true)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I can bet Allen outlasts both his OC and his HC here. 

I'd think the Bills front office would want to pair him with an offensive minded head coach and see what happens. at least until his rookie contract is done. 

Edited by Tesla03

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Seattle is playing good football. Buffalo is playing some of their worst right now. Russell Wilson is on fire this year. I would worry about the defense keeping Seattle to a low scoring game, and I’d be worried about the Buffalo offense being able to compete with their defense the way they are playing with Clowney. 

so yes, I’d be worried we can keep up. 

I have seen a few SEA games this year. 

They are... tonight, against an ineffective 49er offense. 

They gave up 34 to Tampa Bay and went to OT with them last week.  

If you watch them, you would know their Defense isn’t usually this good.  

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I know... So you’d agree that talent around the QB matters?   

This 49ers offense looks completely inept without those two.   

Some here would say that doesn’t matter and Jimmy G needs to be much better (which may also be true)

He’s been fine,  but their identity is that they are a running team. 

• Like (+1) 1