McD's weekly presser: Huddling not planned on final drive

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Josh is so stupid to be sauntering back to a huddle with under 50 seconds and 1 TO, then forget about coaching. This kid might be as dumb as a bag of nails.  I've watched Buffalo Bills games for over 50 years and I've never seen what I saw yesterday with that huddle. I was angry and embarrassed all at the same time.

Awful. Just awful. 

The interviewer at todays presser should of said the fans are embarrassed. 

Edited by london_bills

This is why Josh is making mistakes and the offense sucks. Coach McD is a brilliant defensive mind but it’s obvious he doesn’t get involved with the offensive game plan. For him to say “it wasn’t the plan to huddle , we had to” What the heck dies that mean? Don’t tell me Josh goes hurry up and then all of a sudden huddles up. That’s not on the players that’s on coaching. For him not to know why Singletary only has 8 carries and then say we need to do a better job of getting him the ball. Didn’t he say that a few weeks ago? This team is doomed this year. 

44 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Beasley being open is a split second decision. 
crock of crap

its a pre snap read. Off coverage on the left vs tight coverage on the right. 

He looked right the entire time vs a cover 0 blitz. 

You’re wrong.  Watch the tape and go frame by frame.  When the ball gets snapped, he immediately looks left at the far side DB sitting over Beasley.  He then immediately goes to the right towards Brown and the far side DB who is over Beasley notices Allen look right and starts to bail deep which opens Beasley up.  I won’t argue that his mind was made up to go to Brown from the get go, but he did survey the far side DB over Beasley when the ball was snapped.  Once Allen commits to Brown, the DB gives up on Beasley.  Watch bit frame by frame.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Josh is so stupid to be sauntering back to a huddle with under 50 seconds and 1 TO, then forget about coaching. This kid might be as dumb as a bag of nails.  I've watched Buffalo Bills games for over 50 years and I've never seen what I saw yesterday with that huddle. I was angry and embarrassed all at the same time.

I’m willing to bet he’s smarter than you.

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It certainly was sad to see...makes you wonder if he’s ever played Madden a day in his life...I mean, it’s Football 101...come on, man! ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jammer8732 said:

You do realize that if we won, they would be debating the greatest goal line stand in NFL history...don’t you?

Not to take anything from our defense,  but Cleveland’s playcalling was beyond awful. I could not believe how dumb they are. It was laughable. Taking their best players off the field and run a heavy set.  Football coaches can be morons sometimes.  

if Cleveland gets the right coach, they will be a problem.  They have so much talent but they are badly coached.

9 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I’m willing to bet he’s smarter than you.

Yes, but there is a difference between being smart and being aware of the situation...seemed like Josh had no clue he only had 30 seconds left- and that the clock was STILL ticking...very bizarre moment...

14 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

This is why Josh is making mistakes and the offense sucks. Coach McD is a brilliant defensive mind but it’s obvious he doesn’t get involved with the offensive game plan. For him to say “it wasn’t the plan to huddle , we had to” What the heck dies that mean? Don’t tell me Josh goes hurry up and then all of a sudden huddles up. That’s not on the players that’s on coaching. For him not to know why Singletary only has 8 carries and then say we need to do a better job of getting him the ball. Didn’t he say that a few weeks ago? This team is doomed this year. 

By understanding defence he must therefore know some offence. He HAS to get involved. He's not stupid and he must be. It's possible theres a string of losses coming due to the performances this season but hopefully we are 7-3 Sunday evening. Lose against the fins and this board will EXPLODE. 

13 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

You’re wrong.  Watch the tape and go frame by frame.  When the ball gets snapped, he immediately looks left at the far side DB sitting over Beasley.  He then immediately goes to the right towards Brown and the far side DB who is over Beasley notices Allen look right and starts to bail deep which opens Beasley up.  I won’t argue that his mind was made up to go to Brown from the get go, but he did survey the far side DB over Beasley when the ball was snapped.  Once Allen commits to Brown, the DB gives up on Beasley.  Watch bit frame by frame.

Went back and looked at the cover one Twitter. 
Allen looks left but I don’t think he is looking for anything. Db is bailing out the entire time. 

Brown said he tapped him to a go route. I firmly believe he was going there the entire time once he recognized the coverage. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"We've got to score more points to enable ourselves to win games -- and to be a stretch down the threat, that's what we've got to do. I want to move the ball and score points."

You see....this is why none of us could be the Bills HC.  We simply aren't wired to think this way, no more than we could describe how to split the atom. 

lol. Truly, it hurts my head just trying to comprehend brain genius concepts like these from McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

Have to score more points, REALLY! Didn't mean to Huddle, REALLY! Need to get the ball into the hands of playmakers, so 3rd and 3 your playmaker was Beasley long, REALLY! Your glad players can admit when they make bad plays, that seems too be happening allot, REALLY!

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Yes, but there is a difference between being smart and being aware of the situation...seemed like Josh had no clue he only had 30 seconds left- and that the clock was STILL ticking...very bizarre moment...

I had a problem with... is a back shoulder go route the best option? I could give 2 sh!ts what McD said, they were playing for the tie, a FG. On 3rd and 4, if only trying to get into FG range why not a comeback or a 10 yard out? Or shoot a TE pop then call a timeout.... all around it’s on the coaching. 

Daboll should have been in Joshs ear, remember he on the mic until 15 seconds on the play clock. He’s gotta he walking Josh through the play... I’m truly interested to know if Dorsey could play call better being he’s smart and played the position. To call the play and talk to Josh as a QB until the mic is off..... but I truly feel Dabolls days are numbered. He’s got a great system and scheme. Just don’t think he a good play caller and is not help Josh when he’s on the field. That’s what made Reich and Arians good OCs 

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

That's not what he's saying at all. He's defending him for not throwing to Beasley because it was cover zero and he had to make a decision instantly.

Right, with the blitz coming from that side. He checked the blitz and liked Brown with one on one coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stony said:

I like this. I admittedly know little about him. But I’m intrigued. 

Know this. He has taken a guy in Joe Burrow, who I would have sworn last year wouldn't be drafted before the 6th round and turned him in to the likely Heisman Trophy winner, top 10 draft pick this year. Joe Burrow has literally made MILLIONS of $$$ because of Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That huddle was the low water mark of the past 50 years?  You sure you're a Bills fan?  ?  :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

That's not what he's saying at all. He's defending him for not throwing to Beasley because it was cover zero and he had to make a decision instantly.

Allen also made the decision presnap to put John Brown into a  route that they haven't had success with all year. 

Allen has no concept of game situations.