Media coverage: Loss, Bills 16 Browns 19

Eric Wood.  Keep in mind he's a Bills mouthpiece, and speaks what he sees as the truth, but not the whole truth.  Look for what he doesn't say:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/eric-wood-5-observations-on-the-bills-heading-into-week-11

I think part of the issue yesterday was Cleveland’s pass rush was able to collapse the pocket at times, forcing Josh Allen to scramble, take sacks or throw the ball quicker than he wanted to. (......) But, the offensive line let the pass rush get home and that affected the throw. Those are potentially game-changing plays.

At other times, it seemed like some throws were just off the mark. Often times when throws are just off the mark, it’s hard to say if the route was run exactly how it was supposed to or was the throw off target. That’s something only Allen, Brian Daboll and the players involved could give an accurate assessment on.  [Hap sez: I think Wood has opinions, but he's keeping them to himself here obviously.  But I think if he felt it was clearly on Allen he'd say so]

3. Dawson Knox’s ability to expose linebackers and safeties

Josh Allen loves throwing the ball to John Brown and Cole Beasley, Brown especially on third down. Lately he has been targeting Dawson Knox on a number of these throws. Yesterday, we saw Knox make a catch on third down and break away from safety Morgan Burnett. Anytime Knox gets the ball in his hands he likes to pull that stiff arm and get yards after catch. He currently has 97 total yards after catch this season. For a player that came out of Ole Miss without any touchdowns and was drafted in the third round, he has been able to make a number of plays for the Bills early in his rookie season. He was the third leading receiver against the Browns with four catches for 55 yards. That’s a great sign for the future of the tight end position with him there.

[Hap sez: Kroft was active and played 43% of the snaps, yet had 0 targets.  Redskins, 26% of the snaps, 1 target.  Eagles, 58% of the snaps, 2 receptions on 4 targets.  Wood not mentioning Kroft is glaring by its absence.  What is Up with That?  Is he hurt again?  Not as healed as they thought?  Or just not able to contribute despite all the Press Conference gushing by Daboll and Allen?.  Hap loves some "Hard Knox", but he's got 6 scored drops to 18 catches, 19% at a position where sure-handedness is a Valued Thing.  Work to do, Dawson!]

I want to see a recap of --- Bill Cowher's  Bills Browns Halftime review with all 12 Goal line stands and 3 points to show for it with Clown Music in the background 

to the OP ...  

I saw Eric Wood in a photo yesterday that looked like he was walking with the Cleveland Browns ... 

It may have confused others too as to thinking who he was working for.  He is an Ohioan no? 

I try to use my eyes when not all torqued off to make assessments and carefully read the Bills flavored reporting 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

to the OP ...  

I saw Eric Wood in a photo yesterday that looked like he was walking with the Cleveland Browns ... 

It may have confused others too as to thinking who he was working for.  He is an Ohioan no? 

Wood is from Loouhvul, KY.  Heard him on OBL today justifying the 80/20 pass/run mix as "just the way the game went".  Eric Wood suffers from being too much Bill, and not enough analyst.  I really miss Kelso, who always told it like it was.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Thank you (+1) 1