If Playing Time is earned, why not Un-earned! (edited)

plenzmd1

Lee Smith is a mauler in the run game, focus on him when we run the ball and you will notice him, having said that, if we're asking Josh to pass the ball 40 times, Smith should not be in the gameplan, he could use some timeout for his ill timed penalties.

Frank Gore, I wouldn't sit him, he's a veteran and his presence on the field (for at least this year) should not be messed with. 

Wallace is struggling and could some time in the bench, let him re-focus and let him re-gain his starting status.

• Like (+1) 1

If Dabol continues to use Gore as the back to go around the end then yes he is losing a step but when he is used IMHO correctly as we have seen earlier in the year as a between the tackle type runner & given more than 4 carries to get into the rhythm of the game i think he can be a huge factor in these games !

He didn't get 15k yards by getting 4 carries per game & the guy is as tough as they come & a lot of his yards come from running up the middle so use him that way & more !

Don't just give up even with a 8 man box good backs will produce & between Gore & Singletary they are averaging 5+ ypc so run them, run them, &  run them some more !!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd give Gore one more week.  Plus this week, the running game overall was very poor.

So given the fact that they only had 8 & 4 carries between the 2 main backs last week you are making that determination ?

The 2 main backs are averaging 5 & 4 ypc when given the chance to run the ball & not relegated to being a blocker or a decoy . You can't expect a run game to generate anything when you don't use it & only if after changing it up by using lets say your FB in different formations or different blocking schemes could you make that determination .

This O line is 10 times better than last years so in my limited knowledge from a fans perspective i'm thinking that if some one like say the Bills old O line coach Kromer had these guys with say a A. Lynn as the RB coach they would be a lot better unit (but that is wishful thinking)

McD needs to get the people responsible for the run game trying something different or at least tell them to not abandon the run so quickly & not give up on it with only 12 carries in a game, sure if your getting no yards every carry that's different but they averaged 5 & 4 pc against the Browns .

I also heard while listening to a pod cast that the way Gore is being used by making him try to run around the out side edge of the formation is the wrong way to utilize him those days are gone & that when using him between the tackles (which we have seen while Singletary was out) he is much more effective.

So i'm just thinking those that know better than we do have seen why Gore's production has not been as good, the guy didn't get over 15k by giving him 4 carries a game & being a blocker the rest of the time so i'm thinking at least part of the blame could be put on some one with a bit less experience like the coaches maybe ? 

Just a guess ...

1 hour ago, T master said:

So given the fact that they only had 8 & 4 carries between the 2 main backs last week you are making that determination ?

The 2 main backs are averaging 5 & 4 ypc when given the chance to run the ball & not relegated to being a blocker or a decoy . You can't expect a run game to generate anything when you don't use it & only if after changing it up by using lets say your FB in different formations or different blocking schemes could you make that determination .

This O line is 10 times better than last years so in my limited knowledge from a fans perspective i'm thinking that if some one like say the Bills old O line coach Kromer had these guys with say a A. Lynn as the RB coach they would be a lot better unit (but that is wishful thinking)

McD needs to get the people responsible for the run game trying something different or at least tell them to not abandon the run so quickly & not give up on it with only 12 carries in a game, sure if your getting no yards every carry that's different but they averaged 5 & 4 pc against the Browns .

I also heard while listening to a pod cast that the way Gore is being used by making him try to run around the out side edge of the formation is the wrong way to utilize him those days are gone & that when using him between the tackles (which we have seen while Singletary was out) he is much more effective.

So i'm just thinking those that know better than we do have seen why Gore's production has not been as good, the guy didn't get over 15k by giving him 4 carries a game & being a blocker the rest of the time so i'm thinking at least part of the blame could be put on some one with a bit less experience like the coaches maybe ? 

Just a guess ...

I was more responding to the person who wanted to make him inactive already.  My response was give to him some more time.  Don't disagree with anything you say overall, haven't read the article yet, but saw a headline ripping the Bills overall for not running more.  So agree problem may be more scheme than anything.  But is possible at his age, he's hit a wall too.

• Like (+1) 1