The Extra Point - Week 10: This One Hurts

Logic

Thanks logic and if you’re not getting replies today I think many bills fans are licking their wounds after yesterday’s game and taking a mental health day off the board NOT a reflection of your post or its validity whatsoever. I’m hen peck typing one handed with a broken right wrist or would elaborate further myself. Please keep the reports coming ?

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Margarita said:

Thanks logic and if you’re not getting replies today I think many bills fans are licking their wounds after yesterday’s game and taking a mental health day off the board NOT a reflection of your post or its validity whatsoever. I’m hen peck typing one handed with a broken right wrist or would elaborate further myself. Please keep the reports coming ?

Spot on:beer:

I'm taking a mental health WEEK though:wallbash: That was a painful loss and reading most threads just makes the pain worse.:death:

Heal up Margarita!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you happen to listen to the Monday pressers and how do you feel they contradict/reinforce what you saw?

Haven't actually listened to them or read any transcripts. To be honest, aside from this article, I have completely abstained from any Bills related coverage or pressers until this morning. I needed a couple days to decompress after that excruciating loss. 

From what little I have gathered this morning, Daboll seems to have said that the Browns basically completely stacked the box and dared the Bills to beat them with the pass, and Buffalo couldn't get it done. The All-22 footage I'm watching seems to back up that claim. Essentially, the Browns loaded the box, dared the Bills to run into 9-man fronts, and blitzed the hell out of Allen. This being the case, it's actually a game where a Duke Williams might have come in handy to win some 50-50 jump ball blitz beaters against single coverage. 

I guess I'm a little bit less angry that they didn't force-feed Singletary the ball now that I have had a chance to digest the defensive looks the Browns were showing. More of the blame, then, shifts to Allen and the passing offense for not calling the Browns' bluff and torching them through the air. The "book" on how to beat the Bills passing offense has been out since the New England game. Load the line of scrimmage with defenders and show varied and muddled defensive looks and force Allen to make the right pre and post snap decisions. It's up to the Bills -- specifically Josh Allen -- to figure out how to overcome that. Daboll can give him some easier answers, sure, and the receivers can do a better job of getting open. In the end, though, it's on Allen. It's big boy time. He needs to take his game to the next level.