Antonio Brown - A hypothetical question

Kirby Jackson

Add AB  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you add AB this year if he’s cleared to play?

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

As great a talent on the field he is, the off the field stuff isn't worth it. 

John Brown and Cole Beasley are having career years under Josh, not saying AB  do the same but it's worth noting. 

That’s why it’s an interesting question. 6 months ago I would have jumped at it. Now, I really don’t know. I said yes but maybe it’s “prisoner of the moment.” I really could go either way on this.

38 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I voted yes, but I would be worried after Josh misses him on a deep ball 2-3 times, AB would try to kill him.

This is another concern. Can he fracture this locker room? The answer is probably. Is his talent worth the headache? Does he fall in line knowing that this is his last chance? All of those things have to be weighed. It’s tough. 

1st off this staff would probably  be afraid of AB.
2nd I wouldn’t touch AB unless the Bills were arguably had a chance to get to the super bowl.

3rd He does not fit the culture so there is no need to discuss AB.

4th AB needs psychological help so that’s enough not to touch him. 

No. He’s a fruitcake of distractions that’s now cycled through 3 teams in the past calendar year who’ve all washed their hands of him for various reasons, despite his talent. What gives anyone who voted yes, any confidence that he would magically assume the mantle of a good soldier, put his head down and just play ball over the course of the entire 2nd half of the season? He would implode over some perceived slight and try to drag the team down with him, just as he has everywhere else. Besides, he’s not the missing link to a championship this year, is he?  

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Going to keep this simple. If AB is cleared by the NFL this week would you be interested in adding him? Obviously the Bills need receiving help. Obviously AB has baggage. Where do you stand? 

Edit: I held back from voting but eventually caved and voted es. I feel dirty doing it but I guess that I put the Bills before my morals.

The solution to you feeling dirty with your moral compromising is to thoroughly wash yourself of your unclean temptations. I have attached a link that will help you cleanse yourself from your descent into moral turpitude.

https://www.officesupply.com/cleaning-breakroom/cleaning-janitorial-supplies/hand-skin-care/hand-soaps-cleaners/ivory-soap/p60765.html?ref=pla&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplp60765&sc_intid=60765&msclkid=c7f1bbbc48ef19154c21e675d59dec0c

This guy is a great football player but a cancerous presence wherever he prances, on and off the field. He is who he is and will not change his menacing, grandiose  and narcissistic behavior. I don't expect a pristine standard for player behavior. But I do not want a hardened degenerate on the field as a Bill.

Our receiving corps isn't as bad as many are making it out to be. Brown, Beasley and Knox are solid to good receivers. What is needed is better play calling and accuracy from the qb.  

Good Poll at this time.

Deliberately Ignoring the moral questions - Obviously there is no way we pay him 10 million a year. But at this point, even if the NFL clears him, he aint gonna command that. Second, yes the 2020 draft is WR deep - but that is a season away and we are one John Brown injury away from having major question marks regarding the receiver core. We are likely to need WR help rest of this season. Additionally, we have postseason aspirations. Combined with our comfortable cap situation and AB being likely available for a small sum on a 1 year deal, it is such a no-brainer that we pass on him.

I did vote yes - but would not lose sleep if we did not get him.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

As great a talent on the field he is, the off the field stuff isn't worth it. 

John Brown and Cole Beasley are having career years under Josh, not saying AB  do the same but it's worth noting. 

Career years....and yet the offense struggles to score 20+ points a game.  That’s worth nothing too

Voted yes because a locker room full of good character players should be enough to silence A B's demons.

I also believe after following A B's tweets before his last NFL rant he was warming up to the idea of playing for the Bills.

Buffalo soldier leads me to believe Brown is ready to play again.

I also think the way McD handles the locker room is a good fit for the troubled soul.