Do you wonder about Beane's drafting?

billsfan714

Taking this from the front page tweet from Bills Daily----do you wonder about Beane's drafting?    Think it's a good discussion.

Trades/PIcks for Allen, Edmunds, Ford, Oliver, Knox and a 5th(Edmunds trade) and  for that we used a 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4 , 4 and a 5th (10 picks total).

Starting to think of the Who lyric, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Taking this from the front page tweet from Bills Daily----do you wonder about Beane's drafting?    Think it's a good discussion.

Trades/PIcks for Allen, Edmunds, Ford, Oliver, Knox and a 5th(Edmunds trade) and  for that we used a 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4 , 4 and a 5th (10 picks total).

If you have to trade up to get the players you really want, then so be it.  We needed a QB, they liked Josh...trade was necessary.  We needed a MLB, they liked Edmunds...the trade was necessary, etc.  Word was NE wanted Knox and were ready to take him in the 4th, but the Bills jumped to the bottom of the 3rd to grab him.  

Fans can question the players we took...but all of this now is in hindsight and it's too early to label anyone a bust.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s drafted well.  

Allen is avg at best but he's a young QB books still out

Tremaine is getting outplayed by the 3 MLBs taken after him

Oliver hasn't done a thing and we can't stop the run or pass rush, again, only a rookie so that's okay. 

That rounds up the firsts. 

If anything this regimes best pick so far was passing on Mahomes and Watson for Tre White, and that wasn't even Beane. 

It's not just Beane making those pick, though.  McD is also heavily involved in making the "type of player I want" decisions.    I would like to see Sean become more comfortable going off his "personality profile" board and spice the team up with a few flaming a-hole types who can bring more anger/edge to the Bills.   

Too many times lately they seem soft, yet nice, respectful and humble.    I think on a 46-guy active roster, there's room for the agitator/bully kind of player (or 2-3) who can set a tone and impose their will on the opponent....

i don't think the drafting has been as bad as what was done before Beane got here. Its just the players taken aren't really difference makers and that seems to be what the current team lacks. In Beane's defense its almost impossible to predict who is going to bust, who is going to be just OK and who is going to light it up. Just wish once the Bills would get some draft luck and get a great player. To Beane's credit taking Milano in the later rounds was a a real nice pick.

8 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Oliver hasn't done a thing and we can't stop the run or pass rush, again, only a rookie so that's okay. 

If anything this regimes best pick so far was passing on Mahomes and Watson for Tre White, and that wasn't even Beane. 

It has been discussed to death but If you think that Beane was involved in that decision than that says a lot.

To the posters thinking he's drafted well, I would ask this.....anybody from that list make any probowls? how about an all rookie team?   Anybody on that list making a probowl next year? and I'm not talking about 3rd alternate after people drop out?   7 of those picks he used were top 65 and 2 were top 10.    

Sheesh you have to have some standards, and too many on this board have none, just a lot of excuses and tomorrow is just a day away.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan714 said:

To the posters thinking he's drafted well, I would ask this.....anybody from that list make any probowls? how about an all rookie team?   Anybody on that list making a probowl next year? and I'm not talking about 3rd alternate after people drop out?   7 of those picks he used were top 65 and 2 were top 10.    

Why dont we wait a bit.

22 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

i don't think the drafting has been as bad as what was done before Beane got here. Its just the players taken aren't really difference makers and that seems to be what the current team lacks. In Beane's defense its almost impossible to predict who is going to bust, who is going to be just OK and who is going to light it up. Just wish once the Bills would get some draft luck and get a great player. To Beane's credit taking Milano in the later rounds was a a real nice pick.

McD drafted Milano.  Beane wasn't here yet

Edited by DCbillsfan

23 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You had me until that last line.

What?

I love Tre White, he's arguably the best player on the team right now both sides of the ball....but you'd rather have him than Mahomes?  

You seriously don’t see the possibilities with the draft picks? Allen’s 30 yard frozen rope to Beasley yesterday was a play anyone can make? Edmunds shows no flashes ? I was pretty impressed that he stuffed Chubb at the goal line and got a sack and batted down a pass as a pass rusher.  I think they both need experience to advance to the next level. In the case of Allen, a better left tackle would help a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Lofton80 said:

You seriously don’t see the possibilities with the draft picks? Allen’s 30 yard frozen rope to Beasley yesterday was a play anyone can make? Edmunds shows no flashes ? I was pretty impressed that he stuffed Chubb at the goal line and got a sack and batted down a pass as a pass rusher.  I think they both need experience to advance to the next level. In the case of Allen, a better left tackle would help a lot. 

I'm saying I dont see much elite there.   Hell I bet a lot draft picks show flashes.   I just have higher standards than showing flashes.  And with Edmunds I see a MLB on a D that gets gashed in the running game.

Edited by billsfan714

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's not just Beane making those pick, though.  McD is also heavily involved in making the "type of player I want" decisions.    I would like to see Sean become more comfortable going off his "personality profile" board and spice the team up with a few flaming a-hole types who can bring more anger/edge to the Bills.   

Too many times lately they seem soft, yet nice, respectful and humble.    I think on a 46-guy active roster, there's room for the agitator/bully kind of player (or 2-3) who can set a tone and impose their will on the opponent....

Lee Smith is your man

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

Go go back and make the trade with Houston for their 1st instead of KC

then thry draft Allen at 4 and Edmunds at 12 thrn thry still have 2 2nds and 2 3rds instead of just 1 3rd.