Run First to Set up The Pass !! What do the Numbers Say ?

T master

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

When all the receivers drop their first 2 or 3 passes you can’t get into any rhythm to have a run game.  

a dropped pass is on the QB

you think any coach on the planet would tell his QB otherwise?

what kind of teams did fans here play on, the football coach said it was okay to lose 51-0 as long as nobody's self-esteem dropped a tad?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

Yah a bit more i just read a thing on Rumblings that Singletary was on the field 69% of the time & Gore was on there the other times of those times Singletary got 8 count them EIGHT carries Gore got 4 for a total of 12 carries through out the entire game WTH are these guys thinking ? 

Okay so don't run to set up the pass but for christ sake at least run the ball more than 12 freakin times in a game !!

COME ON MAN !! 

I’m not going back to look this up again, but I think I saw we had 41 pass attempts, and 20 rushes. But Josh had 6 of those, so we handed off 14 times vs 41 passes. Against the 30th ranked run defense in the league. Singletary was averaging I think 5.2 ypc.

We were not down by 21, or anything, so there was no need to be so unbalanced. I’m not a “fire somebody now” kind of guy, but I just don’t get that. I don’t want to “start over” again, but I do want it fixed to make more sense. 

(I think Dimarco and maybe someone else got a carry to get to 14 handoffs.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I used to post on the official message board a lot until it got shut down. I haven’t been a member of a board since. Sunday’s game spurned me to sign up so I could get vent. 

The OP is not wrong. This was a close game throughout. Why would we ever have a 41-14 pass/run ratio in a close ball game?? I don’t care what fronts Cleveland was showing. We have two very capable backs. Daboll is setting his young QB up for failure by dropping him back 41 times  in a one score game. This isn’t the first time this has happened. 

The fact that Allen continues to struggle with accuracy issues is even more of a reason to not put the game in his hands all the time. Help the kid out! The Bills have a defense that will keep us in almost every game. Play the games with that in mind! There will be games where they have to put the ball in Allen’s hands in order to win. Sunday was not one of those games. 

16 minutes ago, MrClean said:

I used to post on the official message board a lot until it got shut down. I haven’t been a member of a board since. Sunday’s game spurned me to sign up so I could get vent. 

The OP is not wrong. This was a close game throughout. Why would we ever have a 41-14 pass/run ratio in a close ball game?? I don’t care what fronts Cleveland was showing. We have two very capable backs. Daboll is setting his young QB up for failure by dropping him back 41 times  in a one score game. This isn’t the first time this has happened. 

The fact that Allen continues to struggle with accuracy issues is even more of a reason to not put the game in his hands all the time. Help the kid out! The Bills have a defense that will keep us in almost every game. Play the games with that in mind! There will be games where they have to put the ball in Allen’s hands in order to win. Sunday was not one of those games. 

Welcome!

And..............yes. 

15 hours ago, MrClean said:

Thanks ! Here's a couple of other thoughts too given the game 2 days ago now.

You have a back that is what 4th all time in yards ? How did he get there ? 

How many times have other teams during his career has other teams tried to shut him down & haven't !

What happened to letting a RB get into a rhythm ?

Singletary was drafted because they said he could make people miss in a phone booth so if that was why he was drafted why not let him show it against a team that is like 30th against the run ?

What kind of message does only running the ball (i think i heard) a total of 22 times send to the offensive line ?

To me it tells them that we can't trust you to do the job so we are going to give the task to the QB to win it because you are not worthy of the task of running the ball .

I heard E. Wood also say on 1 Bills live that he talked to AP & he said as a RB he would rather see 9 men in the box because once he gets by the initial 9 it's a open field so the question is why give up especially on a team that is ranked so low against the run even if there is 8 in the box as the all knowing Murph says ?

Maybe you have to change the plan or chip on guys or for crying out loud what is Dimarco on this team for when the Bills got him he was rated one of the best FB's in the league, did any one here see what the Vikings did to Dallas with a FB as a lead blocker in the Sunday night game ?

You don't just give up on the run with a back that is 4th in yards & a hall of famer & a guy that was drafted for making people miss in close places,  just saying ...