Anyone watch the Vikings last night? Do you love that offense for us?

Ramza86

True Cook is the centerpiece of that offense. lol

Trust me. I drafted him in all of my leagues this year. I was a big believer in him. 

Im not saying we can copy what cook does...but id like that to be the basis for our offense.

Wed tweek it from there.

I love Vikings offense ... aggressive, hungry and they executed and played hard in Dallas.  I love their running back.  I'm not a huge fan of Singletary ... I hope he proves me wrong ... I just prefer a bigger RB a downhill bruiser who forces defenders back and fights hard for every single yard.  Singletary seems like a newer, fresher McCoy ... a finesse running back.  I prefer Gore over Singletary.   Gore should have been the feature RB in the Browns game.

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It helps to have a Diggs, Cook, Rudolph 

this.  

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

The Vikings offense is exactly what I want for this team. Run heavy, screens, play action.

Man...I could easily see this team being able to make it effective.

Looked like they tried a screen late in the game.  Josh couldn’t get the ball over the defender and the pass was tipped.

Again, the Bills Coaches are trying - the Execution usually isn’t there

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

As much as I love Motor, he's no Dalvin Cook.   That guy is strong, fast and runs with anger...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862157-nobody-can-stop-dalvin-cook-and-its-a-problem-for-the-nfc

Yeah. He's incredible. Was fun seeing him outperform by far the 100M dollar man (something tells me Vikes are going to have to pony up with some cash sooner rather than later). 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Looked like they tried a screen late in the game.  Josh couldn’t get the ball over the defender and the pass was tipped.

Again, the Bills Coaches are trying - the Execution usually isn’t there

I would say "too late in the game".

the thing that struck me is that the Vikings have an accurate QB and really good WRs, yet they still had time to pound the rock and did it effectively.  This in turn helped the pass game.

us not having Diggs and Cook etc is no excuse. Whose fault is that?  We're in year 3 of the McDermott era.  That should have been enough time to assemble a talented roster.  We passed on a lot of talented guys playing well on playoff caliber teams.  Some of them we ran off.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

You know what I love about that offense?   They were stuttering through 4 games, then made adjustments to utilize the talent on their team.  

What an unreal concept

This is exactly what I've been asking about the bills. We keep hearing how they need to get better and score more points, but I see no difference from week to week. I'm almost to the point where I think the coaches keep saying that to appease fans and media, while just sticking to their scheme week after week 

• Like (+1) 2

Funny you should bring up the Vikes offense. Reportedly the Browns analytics guys recommended them to hire their OC Stefanski as HC and Dorsey went with Kitchens because that was who Baker wanted. I have a feeling they would have a lot more than 3 wins going into week 11 if they had hired Stefanski. They have similar personnel. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This is exactly what I've been asking about the bills. We keep hearing how they need to get better and score more points, but I see no difference from week to week. I'm almost to the point where I think the coaches keep saying that to appease fans and media, while just sticking to their scheme week after week 

Except the Washington game.  I thought they had figured it out. Maybe they did only  to forget about it the following week.

25 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

the thing that struck me is that the Vikings have an accurate QB and really good WRs, yet they still had time to pound the rock and did it effectively.  This in turn helped the pass game.

us not having Diggs and Cook etc is no excuse. Whose fault is that?  We're in year 3 of the McDermott era.  That should have been enough time to assemble a talented roster.  We passed on a lot of talented guys playing well on playoff caliber teams.  Some of them we ran off.

Year one? Seeing what we had, sign a couple of FA's, removing those who didn't want to be here, and still made the playoffs. Year two? Cap strapped because of ridding ourselves of the dead weight, go get the QB of the offense, the QB of the defense, Richie blows a gasket, Wood has to retire because of a neck issue, and we are basically all in on the rebuild. Year 3? We had to fix the OL, we upgraded the WR corps, we drafted players (some of whom are making an impact already), and are basically in the 2nd year of the rebuild. This team is pretty young, they are growing together, and we are still 6-3 in spite of Daboll's play calling. Some rebuilds aren't instant gratification like that of your microwavable Hot Pocket.