100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Used D & C, Wilkopedia, CBS Sports, etc... D&C had the number for last year, it has easy to add this year with Zero made.

I appreciate the effort. I was hoping there was a single source for league wide stats in this area. 36 is a lot of attempts of over 30 air yards, but I’m not surprised as Allen led the league in air yards per attempt last season. I’m guessing it’s way down this year. 

7 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is super dramatic. Deep balls are fun, but the don't make or break an offense.  

I am way more upset about the execution errors; specifically, dropped balls.  If we didn't have so many, most of our offensive troubles go away. 

When you throw one on 3rd and 3 they matter!!!!!!! Then miss by 10 yards.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

With whom? Not jimbo

your a bit jaded by just watching highlight reels how about you have the stats.  just like obviously people thought Josh was the hitting the long ball last year and the stats say otherwise.  So quick to judge by a video vs actually looking at stats

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Josh has all the tools, ran for two TD's yesterday. Hurdled a linebacker last year and did hit a few long balls. Not enough to get us to the playoffs this year though. I believe we can WIN now. Just don't believe Josh can do it except with poor teams. Just not ready yet! O-line too new and WR's too new for his experience level. Josh is not a "BAD" QB, just not great yet!

Allen is near the bottom of the league in almost every QB category. Yes, he is a bad quarterback. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

Allen was 13 - 50 on "long balls" last year.  Over 21 yards.   

Watson 18 - 45.  Wow.  Huge difference.  

Mahomes 34-81.  With guys like Hill Wakins and Kelce to throw to.  And yes he is awesome.  

Stafford was 11-44. 

Brady was 14-48

He hasn't connected on the bomb that's for sure.  We aren't scoring enough.  Sure.  

But this stat is overblown.  At least he's taking the shots.  Maybe we should be taking more of them.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What's his accuracy% on throws 20 yard downfield? 

I bet it's alot better and that IS considered a deep ball

Throwing 30-40-50 yards downfield has ALWAYS BEEN A CRAPSHOOT

The good ones hit 30-40%, Josh is hitting 6%and zero percent this year. That matters!

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Guarantee he has made at least 10X more than 3.

Huh? Are you saying Brady has attempted at least 30 passes of over 30 yards in that time span? Or that he has completed  at least 30? I kinda doubt either scenario that based on watching him play so often. 

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How can anyone think a QB who can't come close to hitting on a long throw will be a great QB some day?

If Bills lose to the Dolphins on Sunday then I 100% expect Barkley to start vs. the Broncos on 11/24.

Are you serious?  Beane and McD's careers are tied to Allen. If they even think about benching him, they put huge targets on their backs for the draft capital they used to get him. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think Allen is the reason they lost yesterday. But one of the reasons he terrified me as a draft pick was we are hoping a guy who never really was dominating consistently in the Mountain West would be a better player in the nfl.  

mahomes, Watson, Jackson were dominant college players. While being good in college doesn’t prove anything, not being great should worry fans more.  But he has plenty of season left to show it so fingers crossed. 

Allen was very good in college. Where a player goes - coaching, scheme, surrounding talent - is much more significant than people talk about. No quarterback recruit with options chooses to play for Wyoming. Mahomes, Watson, Jackson are not "dominant college players" if they play at Wyoming.

So for that reason I don't blame Beane for choosing Allen. Unfortunately, Allen is not progressing and his flaws are showing to be fatal at the NFL level.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Allen was very good in college. Where a player goes - coaching, scheme, surrounding talent - is much more significant than people talk about. No quarterback recruit with options chooses to play for Wyoming. Mahomes, Watson, Jackson are not "dominant college players" if they play at Wyoming.

So for that reason I don't blame Beane for choosing Allen. Unfortunately, Allen is not progressing and his flaws are showing to be fatal at the NFL level.

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is literally zero chance that Josh Allen gets benched due to performance.  Zero.  And rightfully so.

I am OK with that if we are OK with just missing the playoffs and/or getting there and losing like we did with Jacksonville 2 years ago or worse. Do you see the Bills beating NE, KC, Baltimore, Indy. Sorry we couldn't beat 2-6 Cleveland with the worse HC in the league right now. As bad as McDermott was yesterday, how bad was there HC.

10 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

THat won’t happen, McDermott and the GM will go down with #17

With whom? Not jimbo

A HoF QB? We are comparing a green 2nd year guy to one of the greatest

QBs learn , so apparently if Josh gets it he will become Kelly? Your comparing him to a legend

If he becomes 3-5ths of Kelly we would be set

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think Allen is the reason they lost yesterday. But one of the reasons he terrified me as a draft pick was we are hoping a guy who never really was dominating consistently in the Mountain West would be a better player in the nfl.  

Baker and Johnny say hello...

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

Allen was 13 - 50 on "long balls" last year.  Over 21 yards.   

Watson 18 - 45.  Wow.  Huge difference.  

Mahomes 34-81.  With guys like Hill Wakins and Kelce to throw to.  And yes he is awesome.  

Stafford was 11-44. 

Brady was 14-48

He hasn't connected on the bomb that's for sure.  We aren't scoring enough.  Sure.  

But this stat is overblown.  At least he's taking the shots.  Maybe we should be taking more of them.  

So basically the OP's stat is made up?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m trying to find it but I’m struggling. 

Appreciate the effort, but it really doesn’t matter as this thread is digressing into something other than an interesting stat comparison.