100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It wasn't the injury concern, it was he was a one trick pony and could only run one route.  If Tom Brady has a better shuttle time and 3 cone drill....that definitely raises red flags.  

DK Metcalf was slower than this.

Image result for Tom Brady combine GIF

As yes like this drill matters when it comes to what they can actually do on Sunday's.  I thought this was made irrelevant considering he slipped or something during this drill.  But keep hammering your bad point home..

19 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

As yes like this drill matters when it comes to what they can actually do on Sunday's.  I thought this was made irrelevant considering he slipped or something during this drill.  But keep hammering your bad point home..

LOL.

The NFL spends millions of dollars on this combine.  But it's irrelevant...LOL.

Obviously it meant something because this top 5 talent fell into the 2nd round.  But you think you have a point LOL...

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL.

The NFL spends millions of dollars on this combine.  But it's irrelevant...LOL.

Obviously it meant something because this top 5 talent fell into the 2nd round.  But you think you have a point LOL...

You must think Singletary is a scrub then as well right?  His metrics were terrible at the combine.

Top talents never go later in the draft... that never happens, you're right. 

And I never said it was irrelevant but it's not the end all be all either.

Edited by HeHateMe

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

You must think Singletary is a scrub then as well right?  His metrics were terrible at the combine.

Top talents never go later in the draft... that never happens, you're right. 

And I never said it was irrelevant but it's not the end all be all either.

You're specific words "like this drill matters when it comes to what they can actually do on Sundays".  Sounds like you're saying it's irrelevant.  

Could you be anymore dramatic with your Singletary assessment?...my lord.

If you don't think his combine numbers had anything to do with him dropping...LOL

2 hours ago, colin said:

there is obviously some crusading going on in this thread, and allen clearly has some serious issues to work through, but our weapons are just not good.

mackenzie, foster (who just gets no burn and can't adjust to a ball it seems), duke (who didn't make this sorry roster at the start of the season) and robers are just not NFL WRs of any merit.  

they don't get seperation, don't jump up for contested balls, and don't seem to have any fluid route running ability.  our backs have shown not much in the pass game either.  we just lack dynamic play making ability.

for all his shortcomings, if allen was throwing to the same crew that mayfield was throwing too, i'm pretty sure we'd be putting up a few more points a game.

i still can't figure out how this FO didn't attempt to trade for a WR.

Still no #1 WR

Still no legit #1 RB (yet)

Still no #1 TE

A Slightly upgraded  OL

A Sophmore project QB who's probably a year or so away from being considered "franchise" ready....if we win 9 games this year after a 6 win season I'll consider that progress. But only if they fire Daboll's struggling arse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're specific words "like this drill matters when it comes to what they can actually do on Sundays".  Sounds like you're saying it's irrelevant.  

Could you be anymore dramatic with your Singletary assessment?...my lord.

If you don't think his combine numbers had anything to do with him dropping...LOL

Like his 4.33 40 time right?  I'd be scared of that from my WR  ?

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're right.  That's the only thing that counts.  The 40 is the only drill that matters, they just do the other drills to waste time.

I was a little worried about the whole 3-cone thing, until I started hearing that a lot of the bigger WR don't even attempt it, because of what happened to DK.  Now, I really wanted DK, but not over Oliver.  I mean, it was close, but I just thought that it was more important to get someone that could disrupt the pass game.  That being said, I couldn't believe that we passed on him, and every other WR in the draft.  There was a lot to chose from, and a lot of them are making a nice impact on their team (AJ Brown, DK, and Deebo) to name a few.  DK's skill set was a perfect match for Josh Allen.  ME RUN FAST...ME CATCH the ball.  7ft wing span with a 4.3 40.  I would like to think that Josh would be letting go of those deep balls with a little more confidence, knowing that if he under throws it some, he has this massive WR that isn't going to get out-muscled for the ball.  Right now DK is on pace for 952 yds, 8 TDS,  and almost 60 catches.  Good chance he ends up with a 1,000 yds receiving.  This regime's ability to find receivers in the draft worry me.

I heard on WGR this morning, that the Bills are the only team in the league to not have a single skill position player drafted in the 1st 2 rounds.  Philly leads the league with 8.  This was a problem on Sunday, and is a big problem with how Daboll runs his offense. His offense is based off of attacking mismatches.  This only works, if you have the personal to do that.  We obviously do not, at least not yet.   

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Context LOL?  You really think you brought context into this?  I'm not continuing this conversation anymore...LOL

Probably for the best, come back any time.

6 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I was a little worried about the whole 3-cone thing, until I started hearing that a lot of the bigger WR don't even attempt it, because of what happened to DK.  Now, I really wanted DK, but not over Oliver.  I mean, it was close, but I just thought that it was more important to get someone that could disrupt the pass game.  That being said, I couldn't believe that we passed on him, and every other WR in the draft.  There was a lot to chose from, and a lot of them are making a nice impact on their team (AJ Brown, DK, and Deebo) to name a few.  DK's skill set was a perfect match for Josh Allen.  ME RUN FAST...ME CATCH the ball.  7ft wing span with a 4.3 40.  I would like to think that Josh would be letting go of those deep balls with a little more confidence, knowing that if he under throws it some, he has this massive WR that isn't going to get out-muscled for the ball.  Right now DK is on pace for 952 yds, 8 TDS,  and almost 60 catches.  Good chance he ends up with a 1,000 yds receiving.  This regime's ability to find receivers in the draft worry me.

I heard on WGR this morning, that the Bills are the only team in the league to not have a single skill position player drafted in the 1st 2 rounds.  Philly leads the league with 8.  This was a problem on Sunday, and is a big problem with how Daboll runs his offense. His offense is based off of attacking mismatches.  This only works, if you have the personal to do that.  We obviously do not, at least not yet.   

Exactly, and we could of gotten him in the 2nd!  I'm sorry but you take that chance in round 2.  Guys with his skillset/speed/size are just not found later in the draft.  The cone drill was shared on this board via a twitter account that showed him slipping on his cut which hurt his time so I never cared about that drill.  Just look at how he played and you can see the guy has game.  The injury concerns were real but you take a chance on a guy like him in the 2nd.

Wilson very much in the MVP race because he has DK on one side and Lockett on the other.  Perfect mix of abilities right there.

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

My guess is that after the 2nd Pats game a lot more people are going to be questioning if our starting QB is actually any good. 

I think this is a fair point. The 2nd Pats game is an opportunity for him to show measurable progress. If he fails again it will raise questions. Not saying we need to beat them for him to prove something but he should look much better than he did in week 4.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think this is a fair point. The 2nd Pats game is an opportunity for him to show measurable progress. If he fails again it will raise questions. Not saying we need to beat them for him to prove something but he should look much better than he did in week 4.

I was more saying that the stretch of games from weeks 12 to week 16, when we play the Pats, will be especially challenging for Allen.

Josh has struggled against some of the worst defenses in the league this year. 

Over that span, he plays the #6, #6, #10, #13 and #1 defenses in the NFL.

It could get really ugly, and peoples' opinion of him could really go south between now and week 16 after he plays tougher opponents. 

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Why does it matter?

Do you think Josh Allen is playing well?

Do you think it's inappropriate to criticize him base off his play, and him being among the worst QBs in the league statistically? 

it matters because its something that an agenda driven jerk would do. i'm not trying to call you a jerk specifically. i'm just letting you know that's what one would do. so that's why it matters for board purposes..... 

in an earlier response you basically just admitted you have no desire to come on a talk about things after a win and only surface to criticize after losses. that kicker is you don't seem to think that's nearly as douche as it really is.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Why does it matter?

Do you think Josh Allen is playing well?

Do you think it's inappropriate to criticize him base off his play, and him being among the worst QBs in the league statistically? 

It is truly sad when purported fans of a football team only show up after losses to criticize.  Truly, truly sad. 

Do you think it's inappropriate to acknowledge a kid that comes through in the fourth quarter of games?

Do you think it's inappropriate to acknowledge the team has a 6-3 record?

Allen needs to improve.  No one says otherwise.  You only choose to say it to bask in the glow of a loss.  Sad, sad, sad.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It is truly sad when purported fans of a football team only show up after losses to criticize.  Truly, truly sad. 

Do you think it's inappropriate to acknowledge a kid that comes through in the fourth quarter of games?

Do you think it's inappropriate to acknowledge the team has a 6-3 record?

Allen needs to improve.  No one says otherwise.  You only choose to say it to bask in the glow of a loss.  Sad, sad, sad.

Try not to worry about other people and just answer the question. 

How about this. We are past the half way point if this season. If Allen doesn’t connect on a deep ball over the next 7 games is it ok to criticize? If not, at what point would it be ok?

38 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Try not to worry about other people and just answer the question. 

How about this. We are past the half way point if this season. If Allen doesn’t connect on a deep ball over the next 7 games is it ok to criticize? If not, at what point would it be ok?

I think it’s fine to criticize.  For example, I was very critical of Allen throwing those dumb passes across his body back into the middle of the field.  You’re critical of the long ball.  The difference is you and I are here discussing things each week, win or lose.  I think it’s really sad to only show up after losses.  

It would be great if they hit a deep pass.  I don’t happen to think it’s the be all and end all of success, since I think at most 5% of throws go that far in the air.  I’d rather see him throw a 10 yard pass to Singletary and let him run 30 yards.  Allen has improvements to make, mostly reading coverages and making good decisions where to go with the ball.  No one I see on this board thinks he’s a finished product.

Now let let me ask you something in return.  Say they hit the long pass Sunday.  Will your response be: Great!  Or will it be something more along the lines of one pass doesn’t mean anything, need to do it consistently?  Or something like it was a bad throw and the WR bailed him out?  

Or put another way, what will be the next thing folks will imagine up to heap criticism on a young QB?

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think it’s fine to criticize.  For example, I was very critical of Allen throwing those dumb passes across his body back into the middle of the field.  You’re critical of the long ball.  The difference is you and I are here discussing things each week, win or lose.  I think it’s really sad to only show up after losses.  

It would be great if they hit a deep pass.  I don’t happen to think it’s the be all and end all of success, since I think at most 5% of throws go that far in the air.  I’d rather see him throw a 10 yard pass to Singletary and let him run 30 yards.  Allen has improvements to make, mostly reading coverages and making good decisions where to go with the ball.  No one I see on this board thinks he’s a finished product.

Now let let me ask you something in return.  Say they hit the long pass Sunday.  Will your response be: Great!  Or will it be something more along the lines of one pass doesn’t mean anything, need to do it consistently?  Or something like it was a bad throw and the WR bailed him out?  

Or put another way, what will be the next thing folks will imagine up to heap criticism on a young QB?

I would love for him to hit a long pass. It’s a good start and I’ll give him the credit of course. The problem with being 0-16 is defenses don’t have to be afraid of the long ball resulting in keeping safeties closer to the Los, affecting the run and short/intermediate passing game. Corners can also play press with less fear of Brown/foster getting free behind them. 

I was pretty positive about Allen at the beginning of the season when I saw his improvement on the short/intermediate passes. However, I had the 3 deep passes from last season skewing my perception of his deep accuracy. Now that he’s 0-16 and 3-34 I think there’s a chance there could be a major problem with his ability. 

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I would love for him to hit a long pass. It’s a good start and I’ll give him the credit of course. The problem with being 0-16 is defenses don’t have to be afraid of the long ball resulting in keeping safeties closer to the Los, affecting the run and short/intermediate passing game. Corners can also play press with less fear of Brown/foster getting free behind them. 

I was pretty positive about Allen at the beginning of the season when I saw his improvement on the short/intermediate passes. However, I had the 3 deep passes from last season skewing my perception of his deep accuracy. Now that he’s 0-16 and 3-34 I think there’s a chance there could be a major problem with his ability. 

Let’s hope not

I'm not an expert - like some here ?- on quarterbacks and coaches, but I do know that having new ones every two or three years has not worked out very well for us.  I'm glad we got Josh Allen, and think with some additional bolstering of talent in the off season we'll improve even more next year.  I think some people get totally bent out of shape after losses because (gasp) we might miss the playoffs...  

We're not ready to go deep in the playoffs this year anyway, so it really doesn't matter all that much.  I'm in it for the long haul and am pretty optimistic on where we're headed.  Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1