100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

No the problem with the deep ball is that ... there's no Robert Foster on the field. He was your deep ball threat last year... he's not on the field this year...it's not hard to figure this out people.

Now why isn't he on the field is the real question?

Is it because he's not playing the "good guy role in the locker room"

Maybe he's not volunteering his free time to hang out & have breakfast with Lee Smith & the guy's? 

Maybe he's not all about culture...  

I swear these are things McDermott value more than talent. 

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sorry but it's not on the WR. The WR did his job and is wide open. 

Unfortunately our QB yet again overthrew a wide open receiver on a deep ball by a good 4-5 yards and it was no where close to being completed. 

So you think the wideout is supposed to turn his head and start looking for the ball at the 30 yard line...when the QB is still looking off the safety and hasn't even looked at the intended receiver yet. 

Then, you think the wideout is doing his job by turning his head BACK THE OTHER WAY before the pass has left the QB's hand, then turn AGAIN in an attempt to locate the pass...which predictably falls about 4 yards ahead of a badly run, meandering route.

Thanks. That's very telling. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So you think the wideout is supposed to turn his head and start looking for the ball at the 30 yard line...when the QB is still looking off the safety and hasn't even looked at the intended receiver yet. 

Then, you think the wideout is doing his job by turning his head BACK THE OTHER WAY before the pass has left the QB's hand, then turn AGAIN in an attempt to locate the pass...which predictably falls about 4 yards ahead of a badly run, meandering route.

Thanks. That's very telling. 

You're assuming Allen threw it to the right spot.

I think you're wrong, because it doesn't make any sense. 

I assume McKenzie knows where to look for the ball. It's probably a play they've practiced numerous times so why would he not know where to look? He's literally wide open.

There is no explanation that makes any sense at all that says a wide open receiver just happened to look for the ball in the wrong spot.

On the flip side, our QB who literally hasn't completed a pass that's gone more than 30 yards in the air, and is known for accuracy problems, seems like a much more likely candidate to be the one who screwed things up.

The QB who struggles to throw deep everytime he throws deep, struggles on this play, and your reaction is to blame the wide open wide receiver?

Sureee........

Edited by jrober38

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I assume McKenzie knows where to look for the ball. It's probably a play they've practiced numerous times so why would he not know where to look? He's literally wide open.

There is no explanation that makes any sense at all that says a wide open receiver just happened to look for the ball in the wrong spot.

On the flip side, our QB who literally hasn't completed a pass that's gone more than 30 yards in the air, and is known for accuracy problems, seems like a much more likely candidate to be the one who screwed things up.

The QB who struggles to throw deep everytime he throws deep, struggles on this play, and your reaction is to blame the wide open wide receiver?

Sureee........

I'm talking just about this play in particular. So seeing as how you've posited that the pass should have been delivered '10-15 yards closer to the sideline' and also somehow that McKenzie is doing his job by looking for the ball before Allen even looks his way...I think we're done here tbh.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I hope the team is nowhere near as patient as you seem to be.

We will know everything we need to know about Josh Allen at the end of this season, assuming he plays all the games and stays healthy.

No reason to piss away a 3rd season with him as the QB.

Wow 6-3 and we're pissing away a season.

Yes Josh has ways to improve .. but Josh has also led many a 4th Quarter comeback .. I will take that all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Sureee........

Jblabber...long time no see. 

How is Jameis Winston doing?  You know...the guy you claimed as can’t miss.  I don’t trust anything you have to say about quarterbacks. 

Allen will almost 100% get next year. Period. They will add playmakers and allow him to grow with them. The line is still not that good. We dont have a WR that can win 50:50 balls and that’s messing with Allen’s confidence. If your guy Winston can get his entire rookie deal then Allen can too.

34 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Wow 6-3 and we're pissing away a season.

Yes Josh has ways to improve .. but Josh has also led many a 4th Quarter comeback .. I will take that all day long.

No one cares about the wins or the 4th quarter comebacks. All anyone cares about is 300 yard games and a deep ball. Where have you been?  It’s so ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

How is Jameis Winston doing?  You know...the guy you claimed as can’t miss.  I don’t trust anything you have to say about quarterbacks. 

Allen will almost 100% get next year. Period. They will add playmakers and allow him to grow with them. The line is still not that good. We dont have a WR that can win 50:50 balls and that’s messing with Allen’s confidence. If your guy Winston can get his entire rookie deal then Allen can too.

No one cares about the wins or the 4th quarter comebacks. All anyone cares about is 300 yard games and a deep ball. Where have you been?  It’s so ridiculous. 

Bingo.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm talking just about this play in particular. So seeing as how you've posited that the pass should have been delivered '10-15 yards closer to the sideline' and also somehow that McKenzie is doing his job by looking for the ball before Allen even looks his way...I think we're done here tbh.

I realize what you're talking about, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

There is no explanation for why McKenzie would look for the ball over the wrong shoulder unless he was coached to look for the ball there. 

Also our QB is terrible throwing the ball downfield. Why is he being given the benefit of the doubt here?

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I realize what you're talking about, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

There is no explanation for why McKenzie would look for the ball over the wrong shoulder unless he was coached to look for the ball there. 

Also our QB is terrible throwing the ball downfield. Why is he being given the benefit of the doubt here?

Too bad we don’t have Winston, huh?

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

I care about our QB not being ranked as one of the worst starting players in the league.

Also, who are you? Am I supposed to remember you? Because I don't. 

You must have been someone who thought one of EJ Manuel or JP Losman was a good player. Those are typically the most butt hurt people with an axe to grind who follow me around from the old Bills message board. 

Edited by jrober38

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I care about our QB not being ranked as one of the worst starting players in the league.

Also, who are you? Am I supposed to remember you? Because I don't. 

You must have been someone who thought one of EJ Manuel or JP Losman was a good player. Those are typically the most butt hurt people with an axe to grind who follow me around from the old Bills message board. 

Ah yes...jblibbity and his precious metrics. Here’s a metric for you to chew on...Allen is one of the highest rated 4th quarter qbs in the entire league and leads the league this year in comebacks. He has a clutch gene that few have. The staff is handcuffing him by making him afraid to let it rip for three quarters but when he has to, he comes through. 

Im waiting on you to defend your rants about how great Winston would be. You basically said that year that we should trade our entire draft to move up to number one to get him. As now that he sucks, he’s still gotten his entire rookie contract, which is exactly what Allen will get. 

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Ah yes...jblibbity and his precious metrics. Here’s a metric for you to chew on...Allen is one of the highest rated 4th quarter qbs in the entire league and leads the league this year in comebacks. He has a clutch gene that few have. The staff is handcuffing him by making him afraid to let it rip for three quarters but when he has to, he comes through. 

Im waiting on you to defend your rants about how great Winston would be. You basically said that year that we should trade our entire draft to move up to number one to get him. As now that he sucks, he’s still gotten his entire rookie contract, which is exactly what Allen will get. 

You sound exactly like oldmanfan whatever his name is.

Is it allowed to have multiple accounts on here?

Winston isn't good. He makes too many mistakes but he's also shown an ability to score points, something our QB doesn't do. 

Allen is one of the worst QBs in the league by every way you can analyze a QB. He's played well in the 4th quarter against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Those games never should have been close, but they were because he couldn't score points in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters because he's such an inefficient passer. When he's played anyone decent, we almost always lose. 

The schedule is about to get harder. Allen needs to play a heck of a lot better or else the Bills might limp to 8-8 and his seat will be extremely warm heading into the offseason.  

It's great you love Allen. I don't get it. I don't see any signs that he's a guy who will ever be considered a top 10 QB in the league which is what we should be looking for. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Winston isn't good. He makes too many mistakes but he's also shown an ability to score points, something our QB doesn't do. 

Allen is one of the worst QBs in the league by every way you can analyze a QB. He's played well in the 4th quarter against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Those games never should have been close, but they were because he couldn't score points in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters because he's such an inefficient passer. When he's played anyone decent, we almost always lose. 

The schedule is about to get harder. Allen needs to play a heck of a lot better or else the Bills might limp to 8-8 and his seat will be extremely warm heading into the offseason.  

It's great you love Allen. I don't get it. I don't see any signs that he's a guy who will ever be considered a top 10 QB in the league which is what we should be looking for. 

If he can be somewhere between 10-16 it will be good enough. Do you realize how hard it is to find a top ten QB?  He certainly has the ability, and time will tell if he reaches his enormous potential. 

Just now, whorlnut said:

If he can be somewhere between 10-16 it will be good enough. Do you realize how hard it is to find a top ten QB?  He certainly has the ability, and time will tell if he reaches his enormous potential. 

Yeah, I realize it.

I also realize it's practically impossible to win a super bowl without a top 10 guy.

Are we happy making the playoffs as a wildcard or are we trying to actually win championships? 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Yeah, I realize it.

I also realize it's practically impossible to win a super bowl without a top 10 guy.

Are we happy making the playoffs as a wildcard or are we trying to actually win championships? 

I want a SB. And I’m saying Allen has a VERY good chance to put it all together. You are kidding yourself if you think he has all the ammo to make it happen right now. Brown is a very good receiver and Beasley is good in the slot. Dawkins is meh...Ford has a ways to go...and Morse is good. Other than that, together could use upgrades everywhere on offense. Singletary might make it with the right scheme but that’s it. 

this off-season will be HUGE. They need to go offense heavy with their premium picks. The WR class is the best in years. A guy like Tee Higgins or CeeDee Lamb can take this offense to the next level. 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I want a SB. And I’m saying Allen has a VERY good chance to put it all together. You are kidding yourself if you think he has all the ammo to make it happen right now. Brown is a very good receiver and Beasley is good in the slot. Dawkins is meh...Ford has a ways to go...and Morse is good. Other than that, together could use upgrades everywhere on offense. Singletary might make it with the right scheme but that’s it. 

this off-season will be HUGE. They need to go offense heavy with their premium picks. The WR class is the best in years. A guy like Tee Higgins or CeeDee Lamb can take this offense to the next level. 

I don't see it.

I see a guy who is near the bottom of the NFL in practically every passing category despite playing pretty much every horrible defense the NFL has this year. 

Defensive scoring ranks, PPG: New England (1st), Tennessee (9th), Philly (18th), Washington (20th), Cleveland (21st), Jets (25th), Bengals (28th), Giants (30th), Dolphins (31st).

We should not be struggling so badly to score points. He's played mostly garbage opponents and the results have been terrible relative to his peers. 

As this thread is about, Allen is a horrible deep passer. His passes often land no where near his intended target, and having better players isn't going to change that because the passes aren't catchable already. 

I like your optimism, but I see Allen as being one of the worst starting QBs in the league. Upcoming defenses are: Miami (31st), Denver (T6th), Dallas (T6th), Pittsburgh (10th), Baltimore (13th), New England (1st), Jets (25th). 

This thing could go south in a hurry between weeks 12 to 16 when he faces all above average to very good defensive opponents. 

26 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Here I am.  You have no credibility judging Qbs given your Winston thing.  You come off as being an expert, yet you have never to my knowledge informed anyone here if you have a history as a football coach, have a history as a Qb, etc.  Thus your opinion is no better (or worse ) than any one else around here, other than the glaring miss on Winston.  Why don't you just simply say you screwed up on Winston?

Allen needs to continue improving.  Not one person argues that point.  As he continues progressing and learning he should get better.  What I say is this:  any young QB that can have as many good fourth quarter comebacks as he has (as yes, if he plays better the first three quarters it may not be as necessary) is worth continuing to develop.

• Thank you (+1) 1