100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

10 hours ago, Billever76 said:

Have you seen some games?...we ran it i think like 17 times this past game...of those runs like 4 of those were allen scrambles....so we ran the ball with our rbs like 13 times yet passed it 41 times...whats the math on that?

What was our run to pass ratio against philly with 45mph winds?...what was our run to pass against the pats?...in all our losses dabol has abandoned the run..its facts..now go draw up them pass to run in our losses and get back to me...i wouldnt count allen scrambles as those were mostly designed passes besides a few designed runs....we got our asses kicked everytime dabol has abandoned the run....now we can even argue had he ran yesterday more and against the pats we are sitting at 8-1 now and leading the division

So you don’t think other teams adjust?  When teams are getting beaten by the run they don’t stack the box and dare the Bills to beat them through the air?  You aren’t seeing this?  Heard this discussed on 550 yesterday afternoon.  They said that the Bills were rushing for 3 YPC against 8 or more in the box against Cleveland.  If you can’t trust your offense to be successful through the air when that happens, then your problem should be obvious.  (Hint: It’s not that the OC should keep running the ball.)

4 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

definitely no explanation for that. I was just as baffled as you in those instances. How many times has that happened? Anyone count?

Since he can't hit them, not even close , then they should be going with players like Knox that can take a 10-20 yard and turn upfield. The Long play doesn't have to go 30-6- yards in the air, Josh isn't ready for that nor are the WR's. Josh would best be served with play action, rollouts, etc.. Once in awhile go No Huddle. 

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Only one, his name is Duke Williams...

Go Bills!!!

That is absurd, Brown has 9 games with 50 plus yards, 1st time in Bills history. The problem is Josh is inconsistent with throws and can't go long right now. Beasley and Brow catch 90% of what is catch-able. Knox I would trust too. Singletary is a playmaker in the open field. Right now I think OC #1 problem, O-line #2 and Josh#3. We only lost one game bad.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Most of us were skeptical about an underperforming Mountain West QB becoming a franchise QB at the most difficult level of football. Every stat that was pulled suggested he‘d be an NFL bust, I remember one had the likelihood at 81%! While I wouldn’t call him a bust, I don’t think he’ll ever be anything more than an average or slightly above average QB. All the traits required to be an elite signal caller - timing, touch, anticipation, accuracy, field vision - he struggles at every single one. Asking and/or expecting him to make giant leaps of improvement in those areas is probably unfair to him. He is what he is and what he is isn’t good enough.

He already is better than average, this is not his fault. OC is all over the place and isn't reining him in. Josh should call the play called and not be changing it. Read his progressions till he has enough experience. The QB doesn't have a 300 yard game yet. But he has 7 comeback wins. The best QB rating in the 4th quarter. He is inconsistent but far from being a BUST. That said, I am not into wasting a 6-3 record. If Josh is off then let him watch Barkley for a quarter, see if that works. you can talk to him on the sidelines and show him the defense. Maybe Barkley starts the 1st quarter, lets Josh settle. Also start teaching to throw long on 1st down or 2nd and short. Don't go 60 yards down field, try 40, then 50, then 60. Time it so he throws to a spot the receiver runs to. Josh can't hit a player with touch yet that far on the fly. Mostly Josh should be playing play action and on the move by plan so o-line knows where he is. Best plays are coming from there. 

Edited by USABuffaloFan

9 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

That is absurd, Brown has 9 games with 50 plus yards, 1st time in Bills history. The problem is Josh is inconsistent with throws and can't go long right now. Beasley and Brow catch 90% of what is catch-able. Knox I would trust too. Singletary is a playmaker in the open field. Right now I think OC #1 problem, O-line #2 and Josh#3. We only lost one game bad.

The question is going for a contested catch/ high pointing a catch, not who has what percentage of catchable balls, I did not say anything about our QBS, and yes he needs to get better, that’s a given. But Williams can get a contested catch, of our receivers he is most likely the best at doing so. It’s his thing so to speak. Respectfully I think you may have missed my point.

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

So one good game in about 6 years of being on a roster... against one of the worst teams in the league.

He has had more than one. He was very good at USC, play 4 years, two very good. Almost a projected 1st round player his JR year. He has been a backup, so was Fitz but Barkley has more upside. He played well for Chicago in 2016 had a few 300+ games. Yes he had that Jets game. That is why he is a backup, not enough NFL game tape. But he has shown he can move the Bills in Preseason, often is more consistent then Josh. He isn't a franchise QB but could come in for a quarter if Josh starts bad. I would always go back to Josh but maybe Barkley can help and give Josh a quarter to settle down. If OC tells Josh he is the man, stand next to me and figure out what can beat this team, then send him back in. Right now we are not getting 4 quarters of good football from Josh, he needs some help!

11 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

pretty sure he hits on the right yardages when they do it in practice so it seems he gets a case of adrenaline arm in game situations. ..just needs more reps and it will happen  (I hope )

Teach him 1st to throw to yard markers, the touch comes later. 5 step drop fire 40 yards here. Let WR get there. 

Edited by USABuffaloFan

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You would trust Knox? To do what?

His drop rate is 16.1%, which is atrocious.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=13466

Are you purposely putting out misinformation here?

Knox has our one big play, caught it 20 yards and took it over 50 bowling people over. That means he has caught it 84% of the time, let that be 20 yards down the field.

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The question is going for a contested catch/ high pointing a catch, not who has what percentage of catchable balls, I did not say anything about our QBS, and yes he needs to get better, that’s a given. But Williams can get a contested catch, of our receivers he is most likely the best at doing so. It’s his thing so to speak. Respectfully I think you may have missed my point.

Go Bills!!!

How can he catch a ball when he can't even get on the field. Had one good game then missing next game and hurt. If that is your answer we are in trouble. I like the kids upside but most of that was in the CFL!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

He’s played in less games than Allen, maybe he needs time to develop 

he's had 6 years to develop, he wasn't worth the time.

19 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

He has had more than one. He was very good at USC, play 4 years, two very good. Almost a projected 1st round player his JR year. He has been a backup, so was Fitz but Barkley has more upside. He played well for Chicago in 2016 had a few 300+ games. Yes he had that Jets game. That is why he is a backup, not enough NFL game tape. But he has shown he can move the Bills in Preseason, often is more consistent then Josh. He isn't a franchise QB but could come in for a quarter if Josh starts bad. I would always go back to Josh but maybe Barkley can help and give Josh a quarter to settle down. If OC tells Josh he is the man, stand next to me and figure out what can beat this team, then send him back in. Right now we are not getting 4 quarters of good football from Josh, he needs some help!

Teach him 1st to throw to yard markers, the touch comes later. 5 step drop fire 40 yards here. Let WR get there. 

He's had 3 300 yard games in his career. In those 3 games, he's thrown 10 interceptions. Yes, he played well in college and in some preseason games. Basically against players that aren't NFL players.  This team is Allens, he's not bad that he needs to be benched ,just needs to improve a lot

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, klos63 said:

he's had 6 years to develop, he wasn't worth the time.

He's had 3 300 yard games in his career. In those 3 games, he's thrown 10 interceptions. Yes, he played well in college and in some preseason games. Basically against players that aren't NFL players.  This team is Allens, he's not bad that he needs to be benched ,just needs to improve a lot

I wouldn't call it a bench. Other players come in and out and Josh starts but if he is off and throwing behind players in the 1st quarter why wouldn't you play someone else and talk to your player getting his head in the game. Josh is not Jim Kelly, it was obvious Kelly had the stuff, even when he was throwing 25-30 INT's. Obvious Josh is talented but he is far from a franchise guy at this moment.

35 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Knox has our one big play, caught it 20 yards and took it over 50 bowling people over. That means he has caught it 84% of the time, let that be 20 yards down the field.

How can he catch a ball when he can't even get on the field. Had one good game then missing next game and hurt. If that is your answer we are in trouble. I like the kids upside but most of that was in the CFL!

He's caught 84% of his targets despite 92% of them being catchable.

His drop rate is terrible, and yet you "trust" him? 

That, coupled with the phony stats you posted in the OP, makes me doubt just about everything you're saying here 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He's caught 84% of his targets despite 92% of them being catchable.

His drop rate is terrible, and yet you "trust" him? 

That, coupled with the phony stats you posted in the OP, makes me doubt just about everything you're saying here 

He is a rookie, has shown upside and far from the reason we lost 3 games. Get REAL! Our veteran Smith had two penalties and zero catches, how about Kroft. What TE are you going to throw too?

Edited by USABuffaloFan

On 11/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, BillsBlue said:

Exactly how I feel about Josh and the deep ball he's just scared of throwing picks 

Josh's picks came from pressure and just tossing the ball. He flat out is just gunning the ball and always has. He has time now to throw and isn't timing his passes properly. Before he would be running around then chuck it, probably around 4-5 seconds and it would get to the WR. Now he is going back 3 seconds and throwing. .25 or less in seconds but that time is needed for WR to get to the ball. Josh needs to time better, that is his job.

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Josh Allen had a problem with the deep ball last year too...2 for 24, he just isnt accurate deep...simple

6 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Josh Allen had a problem with the deep ball last year too...2 for 24, he just isnt accurate deep...simple

He only had Foster last year, Benjamin sucked and Zay just couldn't do it.

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

Also, your playing for the jump ball?

18 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Josh's picks came from pressure and just tossing the ball. He flat out is just gunning the ball and always has. He has time now to throw and isn't timing his passes properly. Before he would be running around then chuck it, probably around 4-5 seconds and it would get to the WR. Now he is going back 3 seconds and throwing. .25 or less in seconds but that time is needed for WR to get to the ball. Josh needs to time better, that is his job.

He only had Foster last year, Benjamin sucked and Zay just couldn't do it.

Also, your playing for the jump ball?

I dont care who he has to throw the ball to, wouldnt matter if Randy Moss or Jerry Rice were out there, they dont have a prayer at catching balls that are 15 yards past them...the issue isnt whos playing WR (on deep balls), its whos throwing them

26 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

He is a rookie, has shown upside and far from the reason we lost 3 games. Get REAL! Our veteran Smith had two penalties and zero catches, how about Kroft. What TE are you going to throw too?

Saying that he's the only practical option at TE is a FAR different statement than stating that he's a trusted pass catcher, which is what you said.

He's the opposite of that--unreliable. He drops the ball. A lot.

Just now, PaattMaann said:

I dont care who he has to throw the ball to, wouldnt matter if Randy Moss or Jerry Rice were out there, they dont have a prayer at catching balls that are 15 yards past them...the issue isnt whos playing WR (on deep balls), its whos throwing them

So neither Moss nor Rice would've caught the deep ball that Brown dropped against Norman last week?

I disagree 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not really buying that the problem is that he doesn't want to throw INTs. No QB in history wants to throw INTs. And yet many manage to hit some deep balls.

The problem is much more likely mechanics. Young guy panic. An unwillingness / inability to throw it high and let guys run under it. That sort of thing.

A true Gunslinger cares less about INT's or they wouldn't be a Gunslinger! The more you sling the more you hit! Ask Favre.