100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

We all wanted him to work on and get better at his short route passing and we understand the reasons why but we also didn't expect his deep-ball to disappear and have to "come back in time."

I can’t say for sure, but I would predict that they have devoted very little time in the offseason and weekly preparation to the deep ball in favor of reps to work on his short game. Like he said and we could guess, he overthrows because he’d rather not underthrow into a turnover. I mean I get the frustration because it seems like since the guy has a huge arm he should have no problem connecting on those. But if he doesn’t work o that, it’s not going to be reliable. Again, just my guessing here....

1 hour ago, buffalobillswin said:

No matter how bad he is people on this board will make every excuse for him. The receivers can’t get separation, it’s the Line, it’s Daboll, it’s Mcd, etc. 

this is a bad qb who we need to move on from. 

After 19 games you are ready to move on from Allen?  You have seen no improvement from last year to this year? You are certain he will get no better?

Are you advocating drafting another QB in first round? Because we will be picking in the 20's. Or are you advocating for a retread like Mariotta or Winston? 

Please tell us how you would improve the QB play next year.

6 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Come on maaaaan!

You can do better then that.

That's about the only one he's hit, LAST season. If ever there's is a time for a smiley face it is now ?

Edited by london_bills

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Come on maaaaan!

You can do better then that.

That's about the only one he's hit, LAST season. If ever there's is a time for a smiley face it is now ?

Not much out there, lol. Camp retreads.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 19 games you are ready to move on from Allen?  You have seen no improvement from last year to this year? You are certain he will get no better?

Are you advocating drafting another QB in first round? Because we will be picking in the 20's. Or are you advocating for a retread like Mariotta or Winston? 

Please tell us how you would improve the QB play next year.

Wait the 8 games remaining. Then it will be 26 games. That will give a decent idea. Draft a QB in the second or so. 

It's about a slow moving on whilst still giving a chance for the unlikely to happen, that he will suddenly be great. 

You don't have to cut the guy but it's NEGLIGENT to not do 'due diligence' on each position as Beane says. It's the most important position. 

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, you're right, the author is wrong. Got it. 

Not my stats, got them from Mariora D&C, Wikopedia and CBS Sports. I just counted off where they were.

Just now, london_bills said:

Wait the 8 games remaining. Then it will be 26 games. That will give a decent idea. Draft a QB in the second or so. 

I like Josh, I just see a opportunity for a few more wins. Personally I would tell OC to run the football even with pass and play action Josh. Stop throwing long.

9 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Your probably right. The coaches are brain washing him to play conservatively and protect the football so he is becoming scared to throw interceptions on the deep ball.

If he's protecting the football on passes, why isn't he doing it under pressure?  Is that also a coaching problem or is it simply endemic?  If the latter, nothing will obviously change.  It will also likely get worse since he becomes a bigger target than he already is.

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed Gugny.  They are committed to Allen’s development, and will stick with him to gain the experience.  Like it or not he’s starting unless he gets injured.

Then change QB coach or OC. These 10 yard overthrows is on someone. Throwing on 3-3 long to Beasley is on someone.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

It's just not happening.  Josh has shown enough growth and they have too many holes to fill in the draft next year. Allen is your QB. Beane's career will be defined by Allen. He will get every shot to improve this year and next.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

By mostly throwing check downs within a few yards of the LOS. 

Completion percentage has little to do with whether or not he's an accurate passer. 

He definitely is not accurate long, lol! You know it is a bad throw when people are guessing you threw it away!

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It's just not happening.  Josh has shown enough growth and they have too many holes to fill in the draft next year. Allen is your QB. Beane's career will be defined by Allen. He will get every shot to improve this year and next.

But your talking like they have to accept that he will get it. They don't have to accept that he will get it. You continually evaluate, that's what you do. They cannot be scared of their perception. 

Is it a difficult situation for Beane to draft another QB? Sure. There would be alot of questions. 

'Josh has shown enough growth'. 

No, not for me. 

But what I think won't ultimately matter. Let's say Beane thinks that Allen may not be the guy - he will be bringing someone in to compete. It depends on whether the pegulas want to define beanes career by Allen. In the same way that Allen should get more time, should Beane not be allowed to miss on a project QB? 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

He definitely is not accurate long, lol! You know it is a bad throw when people are guessing you threw it away!

His deep balls often miss the receiver by 10 yards. 

In all seriousness I remember watching highlights from his pro day, and people were blown away by the arm and the fact he can throw it 80 yards, and I was watching it and he threw a few incomplete passes that his receivers couldn't get to.

That hasn't changed one bit since he got to Buffalo. 

Edited by jrober38

Kelly was a Gun slinger and lucky to be 60%. Difference is he hit the long pass allot. There are other differences, some to Josh's advantage. Allot of Josh's passes are off hands. Reed and Lofton caught those. Not all Josh but zero percent on 12 30+ in the air passes this year is terrible.

• Like (+1) 1