100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s McDermott challenge level bad.  

so many want to make excuses about his accuracy.  What good is a rocket if you don’t know where it’s going.  Brady has half of the arm strength and I guarantee his stats on this are far superior. 

How many attempts of over 30 yards does Brady have the last two seasons?

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Sorry but Barkley has shown that ability and has a few 300 yards games. He doesn't have Josh's talent and all I am saying is are your ready not to be in the playoffs if Josh is your only choice?

This is super dramatic. Deep balls are fun, but the don't make or break an offense.  

I am way more upset about the execution errors; specifically, dropped balls.  If we didn't have so many, most of our offensive troubles go away. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How can anyone think a QB who can't come close to hitting on a long throw will be a great QB some day?

If Bills lose to the Dolphins on Sunday then I 100% expect Barkley to start vs. the Broncos on 11/24.

Josh has all the tools, ran for two TD's yesterday. Hurdled a linebacker last year and did hit a few long balls. Not enough to get us to the playoffs this year though. I believe we can WIN now. Just don't believe Josh can do it except with poor teams. Just not ready yet! O-line too new and WR's too new for his experience level. Josh is not a "BAD" QB, just not great yet!

I think he honestly put too much air under it. He has a strong enough arm to lower the trajectory and make it more of an accurate play. He wasn't very good with the Deep ball in college as some here have noted so maybe he can have that be a point of emphasis in the offseason cuz I'm afraid it's too late to work on that now.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How can anyone think a QB who can't come close to hitting on a long throw will be a great QB some day?

If Bills lose to the Dolphins on Sunday then I 100% expect Barkley to start vs. the Broncos on 11/24.

I don’t think Allen is the reason they lost yesterday. But one of the reasons he terrified me as a draft pick was we are hoping a guy who never really was dominating consistently in the Mountain West would be a better player in the nfl.  

mahomes, Watson, Jackson were dominant college players. While being good in college doesn’t prove anything, not being great should worry fans more.  But he has plenty of season left to show it so fingers crossed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

THat won’t happen, McDermott and the GM will go down with #17

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

What's his accuracy% on throws 20 yard downfield? 

I bet it's alot better and that IS considered a deep ball

Throwing 30-40-50 yards downfield has ALWAYS BEEN A CRAPSHOOT

With whom? Not jimbo

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

There is literally zero chance that Josh Allen gets benched due to performance.  Zero.  And rightfully so.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Seven-N-Nine said:

He's 42 years old...  

Thanks for pointing that out. But that doesn’t answer my question. I’m interested in the comparative number of attempts of over 30 air yards from other QBs. I’d guess Brady is very low while others, like Mahomes and Watson are up there with Allen. There is no agenda in  my question.

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Obviously.

Keep picking a QB until you get it right. I don't blame Beane for taking Allen. QB drafting is a crap shoot.

He's played 20 games and shown growth from year 1 to 2 though?

Can he not do that the rest of this year and big strides next until we call him a bust?

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Interesting stat. Where can we find them for every QB in the league?

Yeah, this.  It's a meaningless stat unless you compare to league averages.  I'm guessing there are QB's who haven't thrown a pass that's travelled 30 yards in the air over the last two years.  Maybe it also means that we shouldn't be trying to throw passes that travel 30 yards in the air.  Also, does this include Hail Marys?  What is the league average on completing Hail Marys?