Has the bills offense shown any improvement from week 1 until now?

Steptide

This is the most frustrating thing for me. We're listening to the coaches say week after week how they have to get better and score more points. After last week, I kind of thought they were starting to figure it out using singletary more, but here we are again. I like that the bills wanna be a passing team, I don't want a run first offense, but there has to be a good balance. I'm really curious what the coaches are doing during the week to make the offense better. I have seen almost no difference between week 1 and week 10 when it comes to the offense 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Any chance we can nip that "identity" narrative in the bud? Daboll is attacking the strongest part of the opposing defense. It isn't work as well as we'd hope, but its his plan.  Saying we haven't developed an "identity" completely misunderstands what the coaches are trying to accomplish. 

Fix’d

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Any chance we can nip that "identity" narrative in the bud? Daboll is attacking match ups he thinks they can take advantage of. It isn't work as well as we'd hope, but its his plan.  Saying we haven't developed an "identity" completely misunderstands what the coaches are trying to accomplish. 

The Bills are not the Patriots. They are not good enough to do that. And its hard to find proof that they are trying to exploit matchups because I haven't seen it happen. IMO the Bills need to figure out what they are good at, master it and build upon it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The lack of success on deep passes tells me they don’t practice them enough. Those should be almost automatic when they are open. Watching Rodgers yesterday, he makes it look so easy to just throw a deep ball his guy can make a play on. Seems like Josh is all over the map in his trajectories on those throws. Coaches should be working with him to get the optimal trajectories on each type of deep throw. It’s disconcerting that our guys can’t even get a finger on these throws. They clearly aren’t giving enough attention to this area.

Just now, bmur66 said:

The Bills are not the Patriots. They are not good enough to do that. And its hard to find proof that they are trying to exploit matchups because I haven't seen it happen. IMO the Bills need to figure out what they are good at, master it and build upon it

You haven't seen it successfully happen. It is clearly what they are trying to do, though.  Are they not good enough to do that? You are probably right.  But that doesn't mean we should misdiagnose what is happening as the team "hasn't found their identity." 

Over the last 4 games, Josh Allen has done a good job of eliminating "stupid" throws.

Early in the season, this was leading to 1-2 interceptions per game.  So this is a big improvement.

But with one step-forward, we get one step-backwards.... and Allen has somehow gotten worse with his fumbles (which is hard to believe).

He may be the worst QB I have ever seen at ball security when running with it.

Everything else on offense is exactly the same.  No improvement whatsoever.  Same strengths and weaknesses as Week 1.

We seem to be capable of moving the ball in spurts, which allows us 2-3 good scoring drives per week.  The other 45 minutes of the game, we struggle to do anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

I actually think josh played fine yesterday, not spectacular though. But am I wrong in saying that we have lost those 5-6 yard passes over the middle we were using in weeks 1-2? Every completed pass yesterday felt like it was 15 yards downfield. I lost Joshs ability to make those throws all over the field but those should be bookended by easier throws. Seems like we have moved away from "take what the defense gives you". It showed up bad on the final play before the FG. They show blitz off the right side and JA throws immediately to the blitz side, which is good diagnosis and execution...except the hot route is a back shoulder throw??? Tough throw to make and didnt fit the situation at all when we need only a few more yards to make the FG manageable.

Not sure if its Daboll or Allen making some of these play calls but its not working.

• Like (+1) 2