Week 11: Bills at Dolphins - Spread: Bills -6.5

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

A couple things of extreme importance: 

Why are they practicing outside in the freezing cold when they play IN Miami this week? 

Anyone else tired of McD’s pressers? I stopped listening long ago when it became clear he’d never give anything of substance, and yet, I find myself even annoyed for the snippets that I do hear. I don’t know the guy, and I get it’s a business, but doesn’t seem like a guy I’d want to get a drink with.

White on Blue will always make me think of Shady (RIP)

Everyone on earth already knows what we're doing on offense and defense every week.  Not sure what else you want to hear from him.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Everyone on earth already knows what we're doing on offense and defense every week.  Not sure what else you want to hear from him.

I want to hear nothing from him. That is why I don’t listen to them anymore. 

What I’d WANT to hear is something similar to what we’re getting from Kruger. He offers up specific analysis of their schemes, provides specific criticisms and actually sounds like he is an engaged and interested human being (pretty sure McD is half robot).

15 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I want to hear nothing from him. That is why I don’t listen to them anymore. 

What I’d WANT to hear is something similar to what we’re getting from Kruger. He offers up specific analysis of their schemes, provides specific criticisms and actually sounds like he is an engaged and interested human being (pretty sure McD is half robot).

I like Bill Belichick's pressers, personally.  He does them right.

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I had no idea you were VanCity!!

Yeah. My account went into the ether. I can see that it exists, but couldn't get my e-mails to change my password which decided not to work any more. i like this screen name better anyway.I haven't lived in Vancouver for over 12 years.

• Like (+1) 1

This game is not a MUST win situation, in the event you think the Bills are gonna make the Playoffs! THAT was last week, because 9-7 won’t cut it and there are too many deficiencies at: the OC position, the eedgit Kicker, Josh Allen’s painfully slow, 1 TD per Half, Offensive production to believe that Bills are going to steal one at Home v.s. Top 4 Ravens or Away on Thanksgiving in D or @ Dallas.

However, Losing to the Fish would simply be embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

This game is not a MUST win situation, in the event you think the Bills are gonna make the Playoffs! THAT was last week, because 9-7 won’t cut it and there are too many deficiencies at: the OC position, the eedgit Kicker, Josh Allen’s painfully slow, 1 TD per Half, Offensive production to believe that Bills are going to steal one at Home v.s. Top 4 Ravens or Away on Thanksgiving in D or @ Dallas.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2a425d7c20983caee2

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Are the odds -6.5 or the point spread? I’m confused. If it’s odds, is it -6.5 to 1. So I bet $100 for Bills to win and I lose my $100 and still owe $35?

I’m assuming this is a real question. This is the answer. Football can be bet multiple ways (in legal betting bricks and mortar places + on line) through a myriad of options.

The two most common are Point Spread OR Money Line. In this scenario, IF you bet the Bills -6.5 on the Point Spread, you need to put up $110 to win $100! For you to cash, the Bills must win by 7.

The extra $10 (10%) is the charge (juice, vig) for making the bet. NOBODY does this out of the goodness of their hearts! 
It’s a biz.

OR, you bet the Money Line. In my own example at the Bills being favoured by 6, you need to put up $260 to win $100! (I don’t ever do that- some do) 

Conversely, if you want the Fish, you get the +6.5, but it still costs you $110.

OR, you take the Fish on the M.L. for $100 and can win...$215 (with my line) That’s your 100 + 215= $315.

Capiche?

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

A couple things of extreme importance: 

Why are they practicing outside in the freezing cold when they play IN Miami this week? 

Anyone else tired of McD’s pressers? I stopped listening long ago when it became clear he’d never give anything of substance, and yet, I find myself even annoyed for the snippets that I do hear. I don’t know the guy, and I get it’s a business, but doesn’t seem like a guy I’d want to get a drink with.

White on Blue will always make me think of Shady (RIP)

Isn’t every coach like this

8 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

9-7 might cut it. The AFC is having a down year. Hopefully the Browns do us a favor tonight and knock off the Steelers.

22 minutes ago, Greg S said:

9-7 might cut it. The AFC is having a down year. Hopefully the Browns do us a favor tonight and knock off the Steelers.

Fair point, I would have agreed that 9-7 might do the trick a few weeks ago b/c I didn't take the Raiders or the Steelers (w/ Rudolph at QB) seriously. However, both of these teams have built a lot of positive momentum and I believe the Raiders have the easiest remaining schedule in the league.

The next two weeks against Miami and Denver plus the games against Pittsburgh and the Jets loom large as "must wins" for us to get to 10 victories and hopefully make the playoffs on our own strength (let's give our favorite red-head from Cincinnati the day off this year! He's benched so he can't save us anyways). 

To your second point, everyone cross your fingers for a Browns win tonight. Would help us in the WC race and also probably make us feel a bit better about last week's loss. Let's hope the Steelers go on a losing streak and have nothing left to play for by the time we face them. 

I'm planning to book tickets soon for the Jets game on Dec 29th and I just really hope that game still means something when the time comes... ?

36 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Probably not, many teams looking to be 10-6 by the end of the season. If the Bills are 9-7 most likely be out of the playoffs.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Yes. No coach in his right mind is going to talk openly and honestly about schemes, strategies, strengths, and weaknesses to the media. Especially in the middle of the season. 

Just the usual foolishness. People hating because we lost last sunday.

10 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

so then you think we already missed the playoffs because we lost last week? Put your money where your mouth is then and bet me that we dont. I'm game for that. 

43 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I bet EVERY week, kid! 

But, I try NOT to bet against the 

I haven't made a bet of any kind since 1993. No lie.

I promised myself that the next time that Buffalo makes the Super Bowl or Stan's Cup that I would bet as much as possible against them. 

....so I'm still waiting