Week 11: Bills at Dolphins - Spread: Bills -6.5

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It could easily be a crossroad of the season.

No matter what happens during the game they have to come out with a win.

The Bills will beat the Dolphins. IMO it is Denver at home that will determine the season.  Denver is a good team.  A loss there could be the beginning of the collapse.  Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Patriots is a brutal stretch. They could easily drop 5 straight and will be underdogs in 4 of them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills will beat the Dolphins. IMO it is Denver at home that will determine the season.  Denver is a good team.  A loss there could be the beginning of the collapse.  Denver, Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Patriots is a brutal stretch. They could easily drop 5 straight and will be underdogs in 4 of them.

What you say is reasonable.  But wouldn't a loss to the fish multiply all of what you say.

At this point of the season with their record it's pretty much a must win.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

What you say is reasonable.  But wouldn't a loss to the fish multiply all of what you say.

At this point of the season with their record it's pretty much a must win.

Yeah, but if the Bills lost a road game to a bad Dolphins team they could rebound at home.  I just can't see how they rebound from a home loss to the Broncos with the Cowboys on the road on 4 days rest, then Baltimore at home, and then Pittsburgh and New England on the road.  It looks like a guaranteed 5 straight losses.

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Yeah, but if the Bills lost a road game to a bad Dolphins team they could rebound at home.  I just can't see how they rebound from a home loss to the Broncos with the Cowboys on the road on 4 days rest, then Baltimore at home, and then Pittsburgh and New England on the road.  It looks like a guaranteed 5 straight losses.

I see them needing to win the next 2 to have a decent chance to make the playoffs.

But that is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

can anyone honestly ever remember such health at going passed the midseason mark? we freaking HAVE to capitalize on this and the schedule.

I'm sure Glass Half Empty Guy will have something to say about this.

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

It seems like since the Dolphins game people discovered it might just be easier to run straight up the middle.

With the exception of Wallace, our dbs & lbs all cover great. But like you said what good is it if we can't stop the run. Rewatched the game last night. Star and Murphy are worthless. 

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

With the exception of Wallace, our dbs & lbs all cover great. But like you said what good is it if we can't stop the run. Rewatched the game last night. Star and Murphy are worthless. 

Levi is fine in a zone scheme. He’s not able to consistently match up with good WRs in man coverage. He doesn’t have the speed, size or athleticism. The Billy typically play zone but have gone to man for certain matchups and I think Kevin Johnson is a better fit for that 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s awesome 

Agreed. On one hand, it’s disappointing if we stumble down the stretch because it means we just aren’t good enough. On the other, injuries aren’t an excuse and it presents a great opportunity to fully evaluate your roster to determine who is part of future plans. Sure there is luck involved with injuries, but at least to some degree, that new training/recovery facility is already paying dividends. 

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Levi is fine in a zone scheme. He’s not able to consistently match up with good WRs in man coverage. He doesn’t have the speed, size or athleticism. The Billy typically play zone but have gone to man for certain matchups and I think Kevin Johnson is a better fit for that 

Levi Wallace has done a bang up job for what he is. An overlooked and under recruited Alabama walk on to starter and undrafted FA. Everything positive we’ve got from him has been gravy and to large degree completely unexpected. With that said, I’m firmly in the camp of giving Kevin Johnson more opportunities with the starting unit. First round pedigree. Has played decently when healthy in Houston. Just roll him out there and see what he can do. That or...bring back EJ Gaines *ducks*. ?

• Like (+1) 1

A couple things of extreme importance: 

Why are they practicing outside in the freezing cold when they play IN Miami this week? 

Anyone else tired of McD’s pressers? I stopped listening long ago when it became clear he’d never give anything of substance, and yet, I find myself even annoyed for the snippets that I do hear. I don’t know the guy, and I get it’s a business, but doesn’t seem like a guy I’d want to get a drink with.

White on Blue will always make me think of Shady (RIP)

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

A couple things of extreme importance: 

Why are they practicing outside in the freezing cold when they play IN Miami this week? 

Anyone else tired of McD’s pressers? I stopped listening long ago when it became clear he’d never give anything of substance, and yet, I find myself even annoyed for the snippets that I do hear. I don’t know the guy, and I get it’s a business, but doesn’t seem like a guy I’d want to get a drink with.

White on Blue will always make me think of Shady (RIP)

I’m sure he’s tired of them too but he’s obligated to do them.