Week 11: Bills at Dolphins - Spread: Bills -6.5

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So a win by 8 is “crushing” the Dolphins? ?

Sounds like you aren’t too sure either Teddy, but l’ll accept the bet. I don’t have an avatar so I’d love to lose this bet and get one. ??

Sounds good.   I’m gonna find a nice Justin Bieber one for you.  

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t think that your opinion on winning or losing is what defines you as a fan. That being said, your opinion has been, as long as I can remember, negative about this team. I understand the frustration of being a Bills fan. We all understand that frustration. The issue I think most of us take with your opinion, and those of the vast majority of the negative Nancies around here, Is that you offer no real viable alternatives, just dwell upon the negatives. I cannot speak to your knowledge of the game, but I can definitely speak to your opinion. And your opinion doesn’t really have any backing, it’s just negative.

What viable alternatives would you like to hear? 

39 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

What viable alternatives would you like to hear? 

I may be in a different position than some, having played football growing up. When people are spouting off about “ he isn’t good enough “ or “he’s a bust”, give us specific analysis of why that opinion was formed. Many people on the board use an “eyeball analysis “ and don’t spend any time actually re-watching plays to determine what actually happened. I respect an opinion formed through knowledge and research, but constant team and player bashing just becomes a biased opinion unless backed by real analysis. We all see the posters who just opine without back-up and it gets a bit more than ridiculous.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:13 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

@YoloinOhio   not sure if you have this week set or not.   

I got impatient reading all the gloom and doom.

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins

Odds: Bills -6.5

Over/Under: 39

some trivial stats 

some more relevant stats:  JA is 31st in completion percentage (59.9), tied for 25th in yards per attempt (6.8), 29th in passer rating (81.6), and 26th among QBs with at least 100 attempts in passing yards per game (213.2).

BAD

12 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I may be in a different position than some, having played football growing up. When people are spouting off about “ he isn’t good enough “ or “he’s a bust”, give us specific analysis of why that opinion was formed. Many people on the board use an “eyeball analysis “ and don’t spend any time actually re-watching plays to determine what actually happened. I respect an opinion formed through knowledge and research, but constant team and player bashing just becomes a biased opinion unless backed by real analysis. We all see the posters who just opine without back-up and it gets a bit more than ridiculous.

You may need to take another look around the board. There is plenty of analysis of why they think a player, coach or GM isn’t going to work out.

2 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

You may need to take another look around the board. There is plenty of analysis of why they think a player, coach or GM isn’t going to work out.

I’ve been on here daily for 14 years. ( My screen name was VanCity previously.) Many people spout “analysis “ but it’s the “eyeball test” they are speaking of. The negativity can be creative and conducive to discussion, but so little of it is.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

some more relevant stats:  JA is 31st in completion percentage (59.9), tied for 25th in yards per attempt (6.8), 29th in passer rating (81.6), and 26th among QBs with at least 100 attempts in passing yards per game (213.2).

BAD

Please make sure you are not skewing the stats to prove your point 

Just like Tyranny's thread for his short career 59.9 isn't great.  A thread I was sure was meant to show an improvement has been failing to do so.  BUT when you look at the improvements he's made you can't argue he's had two 70 + % games in the last month and 1 INT.  

Now you can keep complaining about the SMALL data set you want. Or his lack of production yardage wise.

Comp % YPG RATE 4QC GWD
QB 1 62.1 235.3 85.7 2 3
JA 59.9 213.2 81.6 3 4

What do you think of those #'s by a two 2nd year QB's  *NOTE  Josh's season isn't over 

QB 1 never had above a 68% comp ratio and his career comp is 64.1%

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

What's the over/under on the number of snaps played by Wilkins before getting ejected this week? ?

Still not sure what was said or done that triggered his reaction (does anyone know???)...he was universally praised as a high-character guy coming out of Clemson and I liked him as a draft prospect. Not flashy but solid and one of the few pieces they have to build around on that side of the ball. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

What's the over/under on the number of snaps played by Wilkins before getting ejected this week? ?

Still not sure what was said or done that triggered his reaction (does anyone know???)...he was universally praised as a high-character guy coming out of Clemson and I liked him as a draft prospect. Not flashy but solid and one of the few pieces they have to build around on that side of the ball. 

He’s been pretty non-impactful so far but doesn’t have a lot around him

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Crazy how the Bills go from playoff machine to they might not make it by the end of the season. This game will be a win 14-10... Offense still cannot score.

At the mid season   Every game counts. 

They need to HOLD the lead and not have to chase the lead. 

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’ve been on here daily for 14 years. ( My screen name was VanCity previously.) Many people spout “analysis “ but it’s the “eyeball test” they are speaking of. The negativity can be creative and conducive to discussion, but so little of it is.

I had no idea you were VanCity!!

On 11/11/2019 at 7:21 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401128077

Matchup Predictor   Buff 64.4% 

Points Per Game Buffalo 19.3 Miami 13.2
Points Allowed Per Game Buffalo 16.7 Miami 29.8

That didn't matter a lot last game against these guys & despite playing a team last week that was something like 30th against the run the Bills abandoned the run & got beat, then you give the Fins & Fitz the prior tape from the earlier game this season & the Bills had better get their preverbal  S**T together or they will have back to back loses ...

Especially if Fitz Magic is having one of those runs he gets on just saying !! 

• Like (+1) 1

So if the Bills put up 30+ points on Sunday and win by double digits will all of the gloom and doom around here cease?  Or am I going to have to avoid this site like the plague for the remaining 7 weeks of the season?

It's pretty amazing to me how many fans are incapable of seeing a work-in-progress Bills squad that is likely to win 10 games and earn a playoff spot this season but WAS NEVER EXPECTED TO BE PERFECT this season.  There are unmistakable holes and they are far from a finished product.  My biggest concern, actually, is the bad game by Josh on Sunday, but if he bounces back I'll be satisfied.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T master said:

That didn't matter a lot last game against these guys & despite playing a team last week that was something like 30th against the run the Bills abandoned the run & got beat, then you give the Fins & Fitz the prior tape from the earlier game this season & the Bills had better get their preverbal  S**T together or they will have back to back loses ...

Especially if Fitz Magic is having one of those runs he gets on just saying !! 

Of course.  Every game is different.   It is who most in conference teams split the season games. 

Just now, eball said:

So if the Bills put up 30+ points on Sunday and win by double digits will all of the gloom and doom around here cease?  Or am I going to have to avoid this site like the plague for the remaining 7 weeks of the season?

It's pretty amazing to me how many fans are incapable of seeing a work-in-progress Bills squad that is likely to win 10 games and earn a playoff spot this season but WAS NEVER EXPECTED TO BE PERFECT this season.  There are unmistakable holes and they are far from a finished product.  My biggest concern, actually, is the bad game by Josh on Sunday, but if he bounces back I'll be satisfied.

Shirley, you jest    :lol: