Week 11: Bills at Dolphins - Spread: Bills -6.5

10 hours ago, billspro said:

I’m not saying 12-4 is mediocre. The talent margin is so slim in the NFL. That’s why you see dominant teams like the Rams become mediocre the next year with essentially the same roster. Year to year league.

I think overall you're right. However, this also speaks a lot to the quality of coaching and the QB. Goff and Trubisky are both marginal-at-best QBs, but their coach made them work. Eventually, other coaches caught up to what they were doing, and now they are struggling again. It may not be quite that simple, but that has a lot to do with it. 

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Weather could be a factor down there. That humidity does things to people. This game will be a challenge unfortunately. As is every single week with the Bills  

Forecast calls for 78 degrees with 68% humidity.  Not terrible.

13. Buffalo Bills (6-3)    Week 10 ranking: 13

Most important game left: Dec. 15 at Steelers

The Steelers have been resurgent over the past few weeks, winning four of five games to vault into AFC wild-card contention. With the Colts, Raiders and Titans all jockeying with Buffalo and Pittsburgh for the conference's two wild-card spots, this late-season matchup will go a long ways toward deciding who gets it -- and establishing a tiebreaker. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

I don't write them I just post em 

https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-mcdermott-remains-confident-josh-121940244.html

“I remain confident in Josh,” McDermott said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. “When you look at what we’ve been able to do with the way he’s been able to develop in short to intermediate [throws] this year, and certainly I understand [he needs to be able to] go down the field with accuracy. And that’s where execution comes in.”

Accuracy is a major issue for Allen, who is ranked ahead of only James Winston and Marcus Mariota in that metric this season. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

13. Buffalo Bills (6-3)    Week 10 ranking: 13

Most important game left: Dec. 15 at Steelers

The Steelers have been resurgent over the past few weeks, winning four of five games to vault into AFC wild-card contention. With the Colts, Raiders and Titans all jockeying with Buffalo and Pittsburgh for the conference's two wild-card spots, this late-season matchup will go a long ways toward deciding who gets it -- and establishing a tiebreaker. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

I don't write them I just post em 

NFL Power Rankings: 49ers could have, and should have, taken a tie

11. Buffalo Bills (6-3, LW: 7)

By now we kind of know the deal with the Bills. They’re not bad but not as good as their record. They shouldn’t have lost to the Browns, but it wasn’t a shock. They are 6-3 and in almost no danger of missing the playoffs because their schedule still lines up well. You can practically pencil them in for a game at the No. 4 seed on wild-card weekend, and nobody outside of Buffalo will be too excited to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Understand the pessimism following what might be the most 'Bill-sy' loss we've had so far this year, but a few positives for this week IMO:

1) While Miami appears to be playing better and starting to believe in themselves these last 2 weeks, the talent gap between Cleveland and the Dolphins is insane...is there one healthy/active player on Miami's roster who would start over the equivalent player in Cleveland's lineup (not that they are the Pats or anything)? Reshad Jones if he's able to get healthy this week is the only one I can think of...

2) No Preston Williams or Mark Walton in this game is huge for us as they began the run of exposing Wallace and our run defense a few weeks ago. We *SHOULD* be able to contain Ballage and Albert Wilson and hopefully use this game as a way to experiment and fix our run D/#2 CB spot.

3) The first time we played Miami, there wasn't a ton of game tape available on Fitz yet. Logically, I believe that seeing him a second time in such a short period of time will benefit our defense. Wondering if this situation could be viewed similarly to a starting pitcher's decline in performance the second/third time through the lineup in baseball...

Have a lot of faith that we will get the W and that BillsMafia will give us a 'home field' advantage on the road. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is bad math 

if he is the bench mark for a 10, how is he a 9.5?!

Joe should be the 10 for his hijacking of making every thread about Oliver 

I have a theory that no one, and nothing, is a 10 out of 10. ScottLaw can always be a better ScottLaw, and I’m sure he will continue to try to be the best version of himself in the coming days and weeks. There’s always room for improvement!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Understand the pessimism following what might be the most 'Bill-sy' loss we've had so far this year, but a few positives for this week IMO:

1) While Miami appears to be playing better and starting to believe in themselves these last 2 weeks, the talent gap between Cleveland and the Dolphins is insane...is there one healthy/active player on Miami's roster who would start over the equivalent player in Cleveland's lineup (not that they are the Pats or anything)? Reshad Jones if he's able to get healthy this week is the only one I can think of...

2) No Preston Williams or Mark Walton in this game is huge for us as they began the run of exposing Wallace and our run defense a few weeks ago. We *SHOULD* be able to contain Ballage and Albert Wilson and hopefully use this game as a way to experiment and fix our run D/#2 CB spot.

3) The first time we played Miami, there wasn't a ton of game tape available on Fitz yet. Logically, I believe that seeing him a second time in such a short period of time will benefit our defense. Wondering if this situation could be viewed similarly to a starting pitcher's decline in performance the second/third time through the lineup in baseball...

Have a lot of faith that we will get the W and that BillsMafia will give us a 'home field' advantage on the road. Go Bills!

there is 100 years of tape on fitz.

this game is by far not going to be easy (when has it been this season) for the bills. when an offense can't score points, the defense can only do you so many favors. I'm leaning toward a bills loss as bad as it is for me to believe it but when you talk about faith, I have little faith in the bills offense to get the job done.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

there is 100 years of tape on fitz.

this game is by far not going to be easy (when has it been this season) for the bills. when an offense can't score points, the defense can only do you so many favors. I'm leaning toward a bills loss as bad as it is for me to believe it but when you talk about faith, I have little faith in the bills offense to get the job done.

Not in that scheme with that personnel. 

• Like (+1) 1