The Bills lack star power

Figster

When I hear “star power” I think of big names and big splashes. Guys like AJ Green or Mario Williams. Everyone knows their names, they cost a lot, and may or may not be worth it. I’d rather have a thing called “talent”. ? I don’t care where they get it, but if you can do it in the draft it’s cheaper. I want guys a defense has to scheme around every week. I want at least two guys that make Belichick have to pick his poison.....who do I neutralize, and who’s going to kill me as a result. That’s what KC does with multiple weapons. I’m praying they nail the perfect WR early in this next draft, then learn how to better use what they have. 

34 minutes ago, Figster said:

You don't think Sammy makes Buffalo a better football team in the long run?

Nope I don’t. The pick they got for him made the team better in th long run. And he wasn’t staying here after his contract was up. 

I can name 30 nfl WRs I’d take over him and they’d almost all cost less. 

His catch rate rate is approaching Zay territory with an elite QB. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

When I hear “star power” I think of big names and big splashes. Guys like AJ Green or Mario Williams. Everyone knows their names, they cost a lot, and may or may not be worth it. I’d rather have a thing called “talent”. ? I don’t care where they get it, but if you can do it in the draft it’s cheaper. I want guys a defense has to scheme around every week. I want at least two guys that make Belichick have to pick his poison.....who do I neutralize, and who’s going to kill me as a result. That’s what KC does with multiple weapons. I’m praying they nail the perfect WR early in this next draft, then learn how to better use what they have. 

I wanted A J Green at the trade deadline. I think the Bengals in all liklihood wanted to much and Buffalo may have thought waiting it out until seasons end might prove more beneficial.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The whole process is based on Boy Scouts over Ballers. No one of this team has any trade value for when the next regime takes over. Our culture is built around a loser mentality and whoever gets hired in 2021 will have much less to work with then his regime did

Tre White is a flat-out elite player who is a top five CB in the NFL--and CB is the most premier position on a defense these days (even more premier than RDE). 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

I wanted A J Green at the trade deadline. I think the Bengals in all liklihood wanted to much and Buffalo may have thought waiting it out until seasons end might prove more beneficial.  

THAT would make more sense, assuming he’s fully healthy. I’d still look at drafting your future stud. Replace Gore, properly utilize Singletary, beef up the OLine a bit more and how different does THAT look? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wait... Are you saying the Bills need players like Dareus, Watkins and McCoy? What are those players doing with their current teams? 

maybe a Gilmore? I love tre but maybe you keep him and Darby and get a playmaker elsewhere?

and not a great player but I’d argue the move from MD to Star was not worth the high cost on the cap last year.... would’ve been nice to bring in some line or receiver help. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope I don’t. The pick they got for him made the team better in th long run. And he wasn’t staying here after his contract was up. 

I can name 30 nfl WRs I’d take over him and they’d almost all cost less. 

His catch rate rate is approaching Zay territory with an elite QB. 

I respectfully disagree, the Bills need a big play maker on O.

Something in my opinion Sammy would provide. 

Comparing Sammy to Zay is a bit of a stretch IMO.

On the other hand I'm not very happy with Zays departure and I don't think the move made Buffalo a better team in my humble opinion.

I get your argument, I really do, in the end you need production.

Thanks Fanhood

Edited by Figster

I actually would not care if the Bills won and won big. Then guys like Josh and one or two others would shine in the media. Very few true stars in the league, or not that many per team. You think Edelman would be a star without all those playoff and SB appearances? Maybe only Gronk was one besides Brady. It's winning that counts, especially in the playoffs as all eyes are on you. You hear about anyone but Lamar in Baltimore? Texans were all about JJ Watt until their QB started to shine. Nah, winning is more important to me. Panthers have Kueshly, Cam and McCaffrey, KC & the Browns are loaded with stars, Steelers had AB-Bell-Burger, yet who cares if they don't win?

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Figster said:

I respectfully disagree, the Bills need a big play maker on O.

Something in my opinion Sammy would provide. 

Comparing Sammy to Zay is a bit of a stretch IMO.

On the other hand I'm not very happy with Zays departure and I don't think the move made Buffalo a better team in my humble opinion.

I get your argument, I really do, in the end you need production.

Thanks Fanhood

Appreciate the respect and same in return.

id love a playmaker like Sammy was supposed to be. He’s been more myth than man though.

Dreams of landing a disenfranchised Diggs before the deadline was keeping me up at nights. 

At a high level We want the same thing- someone for whom defenses keep their safeties back because the know the primary may miss the tackle. No one is scared of RAC from our guys. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The ability to sign all those meh draft picks that McBeane have given us two years earlier then we need to.?

Tre is a stud. Every other draft pick is questionable to this point, IMO. That includes

Milano who's looked pretty average since coming back from his hamstring injury.

Milano is good value for his draft pick. He should be resigned but won’t cost a ton. Jordan Phillips should be retained. Tre should be signed at basically whatever. Allen, if needed to be resigned tomorrow (which he doesn’t) would cost probably around Keenum money (hypothetical). That would still leave us tons of room. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Tre White is a flat-out elite player who is a top five CB in the NFL--and CB is the most premier position on a defense these days (even more premier than RDE). 

You are correct Tre is a beast.