The Bills lack star power

Figster

The whole process is based on Boy Scouts over Ballers. No one of this team has any trade value for when the next regime takes over. Our culture is built around a loser mentality and whoever gets hired in 2021 will have much less to work with then his regime did

Edited by uticaclub

Wide receivers heights and weights...

Cole Beasley.       5-8.    174

John Brown.        5-11.    178

Robert Foster.      6-2.    196

Isaiah McKenzie. 5-8.    173

Andre Roberts.     5-11.  195

Duke Williams.      6--3.   225

I keep saying they need a big, fast, dominant receiver.  

The three receivers that get the most action are under 180 pounds. 

There is nobody who can fight for the ball and get that highlight-reel catch. 

On 11/11/2019 at 5:47 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

The problem isn't a lack of star power. Besides, you draft and develop your stars. You rarely get them in trades or free agency.

but when you cut, trade or let all your young talent immediately walk... you have to sign or trade for some.

Also elite playmakers are definitely a major missing ingredient.

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Geez....I have to hand it to Beasley and McKenzie. I’m basically the exact same size and there is NO WAY that I’m going out there against guys the size of your typical NFL player. (Of course they’ve got 30+ years on me!)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/11/2019 at 5:10 AM, Nextmanup said:

Talent trumps culture, but we have a team built the other way around.

That is usually true but not always the case. In 2001 Pats had no big names (at the time) I mean an unknown 1st year starting QB, a coach coming off a 4-12 season and a rag tag group on D it looked like. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That is usually true but not always the case. In 2001 Pats had no big names (at the time) I mean an unknown 1st year starting QB, a coach coming off a 4-12 season and a rag tag group on D it looked like. 

So one example in 20 years

40 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

but when you cut, trade or let all your young talent immediately walk... you have to sign or trade for some.

Also elite playmakers are definitely a major missing ingredient.

Wait... Are you saying the Bills need players like Dareus, Watkins and McCoy? What are those players doing with their current teams? 

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’d say in 2003 Brady was the only KNOWN star on the Pats as well,  GB had what 2 Rogers and one other?  My point is how many had names we know now but we didn’t then? 

2003 pats had: 

Willie McGinest

Ty Law

Richard Seymore

Teddy Bruschi

Rodney Harrison

2010 GB had:

Greg Jennings

Clay Matthews

Charles Woodson

Nick Collins

AJ Hawk

I could name more but just picked the 5 most noteworthy players from those teams. You need playmakers at almost every position, not just guys that like each other

I would take any of those ten over any of our players not named Tre White

Edited by uticaclub

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wait... Are you saying the Bills need players like Dareus, Watkins and McCoy? What are those players doing with their current teams? 

Well Sammy would be our second leading wr despite missing a few games and the perfect compliment to Brown.  But then what do the stupid Chiefs know about offense!

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well Sammy would be our second leading wr despite missing a few games and the perfect compliment to Brown.  But then what do the stupid Chiefs know about offense!

Sammy's amazing ability to stop on a dime would be a perfect fit for Allens scorching hot lasers. PERFECT. Watkins loved Buffalo and had to feel crushed when he was traded. If Ihad my choice of having any WR in the National football league not named Julio, I'm bringing Sammy Watkins back.

The one shinning light at the end of the tunnel we do have and its still something I firmly believe in. Our rising star on the horizon.

Josh Allen...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm saying a rookie, then 2nd year QB could have used an above average at worse WR in Sammy Watkins IMO. McCoy provided a spark for the Buffalo Bills and at times so did Dareus IMO. Now a high round drafted WR in Zay Jones just got traded for peanuts whom at times also provided a spark. Its no wonder why Buffalo's not hitting on all cylinders. 

49 minutes ago, Figster said:

Sammy's amazing ability to stop on a dime would be a perfect fit for Allens scorching hot lasers. PERFECT. Watkins loved Buffalo and had to feel crushed when he was traded. If Ihad my choice of having any WR in the National football league not named Julio, I'm bringing Sammy Watkins back.

The one shinning light at the end of the tunnel we do have and its still something I firmly believe in. Our rising star on the horizon.

Josh Allen...

Sammy had everything lined up for him to break out in a huge way this year when Hill went out.  He didn't.  His ship has sailed.

2 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I have no problems with the height or weights. The names though... I’ll take an excellent WR in any size. Brown would be a second or third on the depth chart on most NFL teams. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm saying a rookie, then 2nd year QB could have used an above average at worse WR in Sammy Watkins IMO. McCoy provided a spark for the Buffalo Bills and at times so did Dareus IMO. Now a high round drafted WR in Zay Jones just got traded for peanuts whom at times also provided a spark. Its no wonder why Buffalo's not hitting on all cylinders. 

Watkins was good but constantly injured, like this year in KC, I know, right? What a shocker!.  (Remember "Glass" Goodwin? Oh why didn't we keep him?!?!) Dareus was selfish garbage and Zay dropped half the passes thrown to him. I love how we rehab players we couldn't wait to get rid of when it suits our arguments.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:10 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Watching the Cowboys last night I thought the same thing about star players (huge expensive O Line, Dak, Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Witten, and Zeke Elliot) and yet ...they still LOST!  And their defense isn’t nameless either. How do they pay all of those guys?

Sometimes I think I know more players names on Dallas, than I do on the Bills.

It is because we were not in cap hell in the way some people want you to believe. We were pushing around 12M in cap space in McD's first year. Which is not a ton, but not the hell NO has found themselves in over the years. Dareus is a good example. We cut him, took the dead cap space, and then sunk 10M per year into his replacement.  We had a team friendly out after the following season. It was totally unnecessary. We were coming out of a year or two tight against the cap, but contracts were going to age out shortly and they would have been fine. 

Instead they let guys walk, traded away decent talent (even though over paid in some instances). Didn't use much of that money to provide comparable replacements. Then used their increased draft capital to replace players and positions they got rid of a QB that seems like a coin flip currently (Has not done enough to be the guy, has not failed enough to be a dud), and a MLB that seems to be meh. 

Honestly, outside of Tre, who are we saving all this cap space to pay? Jordan Phillips will command some worthwhile money. But what are we paying Dawkins, Milano, Feliciano, Nsekhe, etc over the next few years? Middling contracts, that we would have enough money for anyways. What have we gained from this increased cap space? 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Watkins was good but constantly injured, like this year in KC, I know, right? What a shocker!.  (Remember "Glass" Goodwin? Oh why didn't we keep him?!?!) Dareus was selfish garbage and Zay dropped half the passes thrown to him. I love how we rehab players we couldn't wait to get rid of when it suits our arguments.

I wouldn't lump everyone together,  opinions are like A holes, everyone has one.

How is the draft a star WR going for the Bills? We gave up a fortune for Sammy, trade him away for peanuts. Use a high draft choice on Jones, trade him away for peanuts.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

KC knows enough about offense to use him as their third or fourth target.

His catch rate isn’t very good either. 

All time NFL underachiever. 

Anyone thinking he solves anything long term is delusional 

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

KC knows enough about offense to use him as their third or fourth target.

His catch rate isn’t very good either. 

All time NFL underachiever. 

Anyone thinking he solves anything long term is delusional 

KC does know enough about O, and why Sammy's on the team IMO.

Let me ask you this, how does Sammy compare to Allens 3rd or 4th target? 

You don't think Sammy makes Buffalo a better football team in the long run?

I sure do...

Edited by Figster