This team is still a year away

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They picked talented players they just arent doing good enough. Is Josh not talented how about Edmunds, Singletary, knox, white,  Oliver , Milano, Dawkins, Ford???

Now these are not all the guys i wanted but to say they picked culture over talent is not true. Especially Oliver with the way he acted last year towards his head coach.

They pick guys WITH character and talent, not one over the other.

how are the rams and Colts doing this year ??? Oh yeah worse than us.

and they are on their Third String QB. Context. And even with being on their third String QB they are East ONE win behind us??  

Edited by MAJBobby

This is a very optimistic take. Thing is I'm tired of people saying patience and "its year blank of the rebuild". It's been 20 years with this franchise spinning its tires I don't blame people for being restless when the offense has stalled since the bye and the QB looks like the advanced version of Tyrod Taylor.

Sure I'm willing to say Allen is a 3 year project at QB, but by the same token when you see other QBs who need far less time to develop and offenses far more cohesive in less time then Buffalo it offers so hard questions.

we aren't any years away. it's a constant cycle of hiring mediocre GM's, who hire mediocre HC's who produce mediocre results 

rinse and repeat. Beane is overrated but he will prob outlast McD. I'm willing to give Allen another go with an offensive minded HC. If that doesn't work we gotta draft his replacement 

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

we moved up for Allen and look who is lighting it up from that draft.  There was no need to move up for Edmunds either. Just pick where you are and stop over thinking talent. 

This times a hundred.   It's what makes me liken this regime to the last.    Always force the draft, only seem to have a few guys targeted especially in the early rounds, they panic and give away valuable assets especially for a team that was rebuilding and could have used all those assets(draft picks), notice Ozzie didnt panic, in fact he moved down and gained picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Texans dumbed down the playbook to give Watson easier reads, many only requiring reading one half of the field.  

Is that a problem for you?

I can't imagine this is true at all.

Some proof or quotes from the OC or HC would be helpful. 

6 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

But they do. Most play vs the elite competition. So they have seen the speed, the techniques, etc. I don't think there is much question Allen is learning more than most on the job.  It is not an excuse, it is the baggage he arrived with. 

And yeah sorry, but Wyoming is far from the best places to grow and learn football acumen. Brain training requires experience and Allen has had less than most. I'm willing to wait and see. 

Lamar Jackson ran for his life most of the time, but manages to deliver from the pocket. Baker was in multiple offenses, Big Ben came out of the MAC, Gardner Minshew was in an air raid offense, Etc. He hasn't had less, he is just doing worse with adapting. Allen played with and against NFL talent in college, this isn't the Fred Jackson story. 

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The first year was the breakdown of the old regime, last year was the first in the rebuild, this is only year two with a very young core. Next year will be the year we get more talent at key positions and will be where we need to be on better, more consistent playing level.

There is a process here and we want it all to go faster but it cant . We have to work with what we have and its going to take time for these players and the next set of players to push this team to the next level

Another thing i want to address here about today's game is McDermott made the right decision to kick the FG at the end of the game. Many of you are proclaiming Jauron Ball when in fact McD went for it twice on 4th down earlier in the game and the team FAILED !!

What makes you think he should try for it a third time when on this day against this team they couldn't convert on 4th down and the offense overall was inconsistent?? McDermott needs to be confident they will make it and with the way they were playing he could not make that decision and made the right call by kicking the FG and if it was made we then have a chance in overtime. Hauschka was not good today but normally he is, this game maybe showing he is declining but he was our best choice at the time.

I am OK with the FG, not Ok with the waste TO's heading to 1:44 left with 1 TO and then wasting time. Not OK with Allen throwing to Brown on 3 and 4 downfield with that much time. If you dared that leaving a 53 yard field goal then why not go for 4th and 4. Bet the odds are better you get a 1st down!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Lamar Jackson ran for his life most of the time, but manages to deliver from the pocket. Baker was in multiple offenses, Big Ben came out of the MAC, Gardner Minshew was in an air raid offense, Etc. He hasn't had less, he is just doing worse with adapting. Allen played with and against NFL talent in college, this isn't the Fred Jackson story. 

Disagree.

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont think they are a year away from playoffs....but they are a year away from being serious contenders.

The thing is...I knew that at the beginning of the season......we dont score enough points....we commit too many penalties......we dont have enough PLAYMAKERS....we need more Devin Singletaries....

We have Singletary and Daboll refuses to utilize him fully.  I wonder if it would be any different with added playmakers.  John Brown and Singletary should eat every offensive possession.  Period.  And Beasely should eat when the D starts keying on those other two.  Daboll is making this harder than it needs to be.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

the time out was to see what the offense was running, we had time to score we just didn't perform.

Yes , players need to excute, Josh needs to throw quicker and WRs need to stop dropping the ball.

Players not recognizing the blitz has nothing to do with play calling

Right, but even the dumbest of fans had to know that Cleveland would bring the house, Brown should never had been running that route to begin with. Poor play call for that down and distance....