On to the Fish

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Miami beat the Colts today, making a streak of two wins.  The way we played today, next week in Miami is not a gimme.

I think it's always better to play a team that has been winning, or has lost only one. I hate playing teams that are desperate. Miami was desperate last time and gave us a run for our money, Philly was desperate, and Cleveland was desperate. It will be nice to not play a desperate team.

2 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

What Fitz is doing with Miami right now totally reminds me of Fitz his first year in buffalo coming in for Trent Edwards.

It more reminds me of his 1st year with the Jets. He had them winning, and believing so much in him that he got the contract he wanted and they jettisoned Teddy Bridgewater.

No game in the NFL is a gimme.

This year is really proving that.

Saints lost to the Falcons.

Chiefs with Mahomes lost to the Titans.

Anything can and will happen.

The way this team has been playing, I can't confidently say which games they win and lose, though I will say that I posted right before the Eagles and Browns games I didn't feel good about them.

Such a crucial game - they're in a position right now where they have to win the ones they SHOULD win, and then pick off 1 or 2 that are tough.  

I remain convinced that the Bills are a better team than they're showing. The D is there; the offense CAN be better.  One of the keys to the latter is actually using the best player on offense a bit more.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Miami beat the Colts today, making a streak of two wins.  The way we played today, next week in Miami is not a gimme.

The game is definitely not a gimme.  Could well be a loss.

But of course it is "must win".

The wheels could start to really fall off things thing quickly if we don't get a W in that one.

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Miami is hotter than Buffalo right now..........

literally.  ?

Plus we know Miami is terrible at one thing........

tanking. LOL ? 

Meaning, what?  That they'll beat the Bills?

It would be better for us if they were great at tanking.

:cry:

10 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Look i never thought any games were Gimmes, thought the Bills  were "overrated" by most and would lose to Cleveland BUT Miami beat the Colts because they had their third string QB Hoyer throw three picks.  The Bills should beat the Phins.

3 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think teams smell blood in the water when playing the Bills as of late.  

a chance for bad teams to know in their heart if they just show up and try they can win today

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Colts are in big trouble without a real QB. Miami gave us a hard time but i feel this will be like the Washington game, tough for awhile but we pull away at the end. This team is pissed and that will show next week. They need to develop a pissed off playing style without actually being so, basically be more aggressive and physical.

I'm not too sure McDermott is capable of doing this, or even translating it to the team.

I mean I feel like yesterday killed a lot of our playoff hopes. At this point you just got to get back on it and beat Miami and reset. There’s nothing we can do about yesterday. I think there are a lot of losses left here and the need to stack wins was great but yesterday is over.  You never know with injuries what a team could look like in a month. Just beat Miami and go from there

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean I feel like yesterday killed a lot of our playoff hopes. At this point you just got to get back on it and beat Miami and reset. There’s nothing we can do about yesterday. I think there are a lot of losses left here and the need to stack wins was great but yesterday is over.  You never know with injuries what a team could look like in a month. Just beat Miami and go from there

Sadly, I felt this way already after the Eagles loss. The team just doesn’t have their **** together. They were gifted the easiest schedule one could ask for and they have come out flat every game since the Bye. I’m putting the blame on everyone.