Bottom line is the Defense has to prevent an 80 yard TD drive and we win

JerseyBills

13 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Got rolled for 3 drives to open the game. Stops on the goalline make it better than it was. They struggled badly today. 

To add to that, I seen Murphy Lawson and DL drop into coverage numerous times today. To me that's not good game planning asking your big slower guys to pass cover smaller quick guys. That coaching philosophy stinks and needs to be addressed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Not to be difficult but its not dabolls fault josh cant hit one deep ball its not dabolls fault josh missed McKenzie today when he had 10 steps on a guy its not his fault josh missed john brown wide open on a slant route on 4th and 4 then at the end of the game missed john brown on a back shoulder by 10 yards. You can have the best oc in the world the qb still has to hit the open players nuff said 

Then why would Daboll call a play like that if there's even less chance of success since Allen can't complete a deep ball?

Edited by buffalo2218

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Been saying this all day.  Offensive shares the burden of blame, no doubt about it.  However, regardless of how badass the goal line stands were today, the offense did get the lead with around 5:00 or just under to play and the defense allowed the Browns to methodically march down the field to take the lead.   At one time, Chubb carried like four five defenders on his back to get a first down.  Several times had them in 3rd down but kept giving up out patterns at the sticks.  

Hah!  One time?  I saw Chubb do that to us like 5 or 6 times during the game.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pop gun said:

To add to that, I seen Murphy Lawson and DL drop into coverage numerous times today. To me that's not good game planning asking your big slower guys to pass cover smaller quick guys. That coaching philosophy stinks and needs to be addressed.

I think it's to help with the screen game... Where we have struggled a lot lately. 

25 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Look at the steelers or other attacking defenses....straight killing it...whens the last time you seen a buffalo d as physical or aggressive as the steelers or niners?...we are soft period

2014, just before the Pegulas ruined it chasing a sound bite. That team had a better defense and offense than the current one and didn't make the playoffs. Can't wait to switch back to the 3-4 and watch the roster turnover. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

They why would Daboll call a play like that if there's even less chance of success since Allen can't complete a deep ball?

No matter what you have to trust a qb to make a throw you cant hamper your playbook and take out a huge chunk of your playbook and scheme daboll is getting people open on the field josh isnt hitting them

10 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Not to be difficult but its not dabolls fault josh cant hit one deep ball its not dabolls fault josh missed McKenzie today when he had 10 steps on a guy its not his fault josh missed john brown wide open on a slant route on 4th and 4 then at the end of the game missed john brown on a back shoulder by 10 yards. You can have the best oc in the world the qb still has to hit the open players nuff said 

He's missing them for sure. I thought brown should've been on the sideline more for that fade considering the clock etc. Allen didn't have any time either. Brown needs to get that one.

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Zay

DiMarco

Ivory

Foster

McKenzie

Ford

Morse

Singletary/Gore - remember this board wanted to get rid of McCoy

Brown

Beasley

Knox

Kroft

Sweeney

Five other FA linemen

and of course - Allen - Two first picks, a LT, and two second round picks

I'd say that is a lot.  

The offense just needs a true #1 WR, maybe a  RT, and a little time more time.  

It's always more depressing when it's spelling out like this. I'm not sure anything is as bad as 2 1sts and a chance at Rodgers for Losman. We need a Dallas-Minnesota trade where someone way over pays for one of our guys. 

Just now, TJC25 said:

No matter what you have to trust a qb to make a throw you cant hamper your playbook and take out a huge chunk of your playbook and scheme daboll is getting people open on the field josh isnt hitting them

Maybe so, but I seriously doubt a deep ball is a huge chunk of the playbook like you say. Pfft 3rd and 3 and he has Allen loft a bomb, that is on Daboll

Yeah let’s blame the defense that gave up just 19 points.

Would a Pat Mahomes ( who we passed on) and Deshaun Watson ( who we passed on) led offense put up over 19 points and win today?

Yeah, they would. Mahomes passed for 450 today. 450! Wake up people. 

We deep down know what the problem is. It’s depressing.

Maybe so, but I seriously doubt a deep ball is a huge chunk of the playbook like you say. Pfft 3rd and 3 and he has Allen loft a bomb, that is on Daboll

Yeah that one was rough. Would need to see the film.

I don't hate the late game check he made. Clocks running and you gotta make a play

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think it's to help with the screen game... Where we have struggled a lot lately. 

I dont thin that's it, they were 10-15 yards down field moving towards the LOS and making tackles after the TE, RB, WR gained 5-10 yards. They weren't out in the flat covering guys out of the backfield, it was almost as if the dropped back I to a zone. 

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Daboll made him? watch the play look at cole Beasley left side cb is 15 yards off josh could of recognized that and made the hot read against cover 0 

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah that one was rough. Would need to see the film.

I don't hate the late game check he made. Clocks running and you gotta make a play

From what I understood, all WRs went deep on that play. Allen's deep accuracy has been a problem all year, so why not use Beasley there instead of sending him downfield?

2 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Daboll made him? watch the play look at cole Beasley left side cb is 15 yards off josh could of recognized that and made the hot read against cover 0 

Um, the pass went to Beasley, like downfield. Why not try to move the chains on a play that had more of a chance given Allen's deep ball issues? Isn't that Beasley's forte?

Edited by buffalo2218

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Yeah let’s blame the defense that gave up just 19 points.

Would a Pat Mahomes ( who we passed on) and Deshaun Watson ( who we passed on) led offense put up over 19 points and win today?

Yeah, they would. Mahomes passed for 450 today. 450! Wake up people. 

We deep down know what the problem is. It’s depressing.

No one is wholly blaming the defense; however they did give up an 80 yd TD drive that had they stopped them, would have had a probability of over 90% of winning the game.

• Like (+1) 1

From what I understood, all WRs went deep on that play. Allen's deep accuracy has been a problem all year, so why not use Beasley there instead of sending him downfield?

9 guys along the LOS, no idea who's coming and who's dropping, clocks running, no chance at hard count/cadence, can't set protections... He said screw it, brown 1x1 and it's coming fast because rush is on. 

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

No one is wholly blaming the defense; however they did give up an 80 yd TD drive that had they stopped them, would have had a probability of over 90% of winning the game.

Yup. Walked right over em.

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Um, the pass went to Beasley, like downfield. Why not try to move the chains on a play that had more of a chance given Allen's deep ball issues? Isn't that Beasley's forte?

Wrong plays i was talking about the last pass play off the game 

This was a complete team loss. Missed opportunities O, D and ST lost this game. Play calling and coaching was bad too. 

D played a pretty solid bend don’t break game until the last drive.  They again had a hard time stopping the run. In the end you expect a top notch D to come up big when the game is on the line. 

Passing had inconsistencies. Poor throws and too many drops are not a good combination. The deep pass to McKenzie should of been a TD, you can’t miss that pass. They still put us up late in the game, and then in FG range when they needed it. You gotta like that. 

Two missed FGs, not much to say about this. You either hit it or you don’t. 

Play calling you have to question. It was a one score game from start to finish and Singletary got 8 carries. That’s totally *****

Mcdermot made two bad decisions this game that stand out in my opinion. On the first drive going for 4th down when your QB hasn’t completed a pass yet. In my opinion you take the FG try there. At the end of the game it felt like once we hit FG range they they took the foot of the gas and were happy about going into OT. I think that’s crap. 

100% a team loss. All phases had the chance to win this game and all phases failed us.