Bottom line is the Defense has to prevent an 80 yard TD drive and we win

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

The offense got 14 pts. 2 was on a safety.

the offense hasn’t done enough. I don’t blame Allen, I blame the play calling. I blame McD conservatism

today if thry kick the FG at the end of the first half this game would have bern a tie.

So you blame the play calling for josh not hitting a deep ball all year missing open guys fumbling throwing horrid picks thats playcalling. guys every qb we had we blame playcalling maybe just maybe hear me out i know this is crazy maybe our qb isnt making the right reads or missing targets i know crazy right 

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

The offense got 14 pts. 2 was on a safety.

the offense hasn’t done enough. I don’t blame Allen, I blame the play calling. I blame McD conservatism

today if thry kick the FG at the end of the first half this game would have bern a tie.

They also gave Hauska two opportunities to put points on the board. Different outcome if he makes those kicks

9 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Daboll called plays that got players open. Im critiquing him as a QB young or old same position. Why do you say he need 2yrs on a bench cause someone on tv or radio says he needs it? 

Again open receivers in a passing league not getting the ball unacceptable 

No because my personal opinion as a scout thought he needed to clean up mechanics and other nuances that he didn't get to learn at Wyoming

Sitting QBs and letting them learn is never bad, that's why the state of NFL QBs are bad... Nobody develops them properly anymore

Brady, Brees, Rodgers , Rivers , Mahomes all got time to sit. It can only help a QB

Joe Montana sat for a season with 1 game as a room. We threw green Josh Allen into the fire and he has survived the furnace. He did not get chewed up and spit out by the league

Josh played at Wyoming for only 2 seasons and needed to adapt to the speed and intricacies of the game, something that was way different at Wyoming

And if you think it's unacceptable that "open" receivers don't get the ball watch more games. QBs miss guys terribly week in and week out and don't throw to open guys all the time

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Very true.

What's worse is that they should have used their final timeout when Singletary did not get out of bounds.

They could have saved more time to draw up a play to get the first down and probably get in closer field goal range or possibly get a touchdown. There was enough time to do that.

Instead, they let the clock run, letting precious seconds slip away. Putting Hauschka in a difficult situation.

So you agree that Singletary only getting 8 carries was the right thing to do?

If receviers werent getting open and they were struggling i would agree run the ball more but they were getting open and josh was missing them

Edited by TJC25

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

There is no one side of the ball at fault, but we're debating how much to blame one side of the ball or the other.  That can be tricky because nuance doesn't work on message boards. 

Still, the offense should be expected to do more against that defense.  And Buffalo's defense, despite some issues stopping the run, shouldn't be expected to keep that offense to less than 16 points.  There's too much talent over there, despite the record.

See, this is where I am, and maybe you can show me where I’m off track.

The way I see it, in the 4th Q, it really doesn’t matter what the absolute score is.  The absolute score could be 34-30 or 16-12.   It’s the difference that matters.

The point is: there is a lead, and with the game coming to an end, if we keep the lead, we win.  If we lose the lead, we lose, unless we score again.

Now, could the offense have put the issue beyond doubt by scoring more earlier?  Obviously if the score is 22-12 or 40-30 no single score matters.  So yes, the offense could and should score more.  But that ship has sailed.  It’s drawing to the end of the 4Q and it’s a 1 score game.

Elite D’s get the stop in those circs.

Non elite D’s, however tough they played earlier, do not.

Good O’s score more points, sure, no argument.  But if the D allows more scores, it’s still the same point difference in the end and the D didn’t get the stop.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No because my personal opinion as a scout thought he needed to clean up mechanics and other nuances that he didn't get to learn at Wyoming

Sitting QBs and letting them learn is never bad, that's why the state of NFL QBs are bad... Nobody develops them properly anymore

Brady, Brees, Rodgers , Rivers , Mahomes all got time to sit. It can only help a QB

Josh played at Wyoming for only 2 seasons and needed to adapt to the speed and intricacies of the game, something that was way different at Wyoming

And if you think it's unacceptable that "open" receivers don't get the ball watch more games. QBs miss guys terribly week in and week out and don't throw to open guys all the time

Josh is at a much more alarming rate at missing wide open guys the qb runs the offense im done blaming OCs for inept QB play we are scoring less then 20 a game 

Just now, TJC25 said:

Josh is at a much more alarming rate at missing wide open guys the qb runs the offense im done blaming OCs for inept QB play we are scoring less then 20 a game 

So you don't see all the high level throws he makes? Simple question

He is inconsistent but makes alot of big time throws look easy. That's good for a 23 year old kid

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

There is no one side of the ball at fault, but we're debating how much to blame one side of the ball or the other.  That can be tricky because nuance doesn't work on message boards. 

Still, the offense should be expected to do more against that defense.  And Buffalo's defense, despite some issues stopping the run, shouldn't be expected to keep that offense to less than 16 points.  There's too much talent over there, despite the record.

I think our defense should have been able to keep them out of the EZ on that drive because we needed them to.

The Browns as talented as they are, have been held to 13 points 3 times this year and once to only 3 points and they were not playing like like they did against the Ravens today regardless of their talent. It was clear that Wallace could not be left on an island and Frazier did on that drive and we paid for it.

The offense needs to play better too.

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Very true.

What's worse is that they should have used their final timeout when Singletary did not get out of bounds.

They could have saved more time to draw up a play to get the first down and probably get in closer field goal range or possibly get a touchdown. There was enough time to do that.

Instead, they let the clock run, letting precious seconds slip away. Putting Hauschka in a difficult situation.

It was terribly planned and executed. There was, I believe, atleast 40 to 50 seconds when they crossed midfield to get around the Browns 38ish yard line. Still PLENTY of time to get closer.

They wasted too much time and panicked (even with a TO) when they got into Browns territory. Thats 100% poor preparation. Terrible situational football, something McD supposedly preaches.

They were not ready to win the game, or even tie it at that matter.

6 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

If receviers werent getting open and they were struggling i would agree run the ball more but they were getting open and josh was missing them

Yes, Josh Allen missed on some plays.

On that last drive though, he connected on a few passes that got us into a long field goal range.

The Bills refusing to take a timeout was critical, because they could have taken more time to make a play call and get to a closer field goal chance or score a touchdown.

Josh Allen is not perfect, but he's had 4 game winning touchdown drives this year, and I would not have been surprised if he had done it again today.

Letting time run off the clock in that moment was a terrible decision.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

So you don't see all the high level throws he makes? Simple question

He is inconsistent but makes alot of big time throws look easy. That's good for a 23 year old kid

But he also makes the easy throws look difficult my guy yes he has a flashes but not one 300 yard pass game. Not one end to end consistent game? Simple question for you if the d doesnt show up and the offense has to put up 30 what chance do you give us for a win 

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Yes, Josh Allen missed on some plays.

On that last drive though, he connected on a few passes that got us into a long field goal range.

The Bills refusing to take a timeout was critical, because they could have taken more time to make a play call and get to a closer field goal chance or score a touchdown.

Josh Allen is not perfect, but he's had 4 game winning touchdown drives this year, and I would not have been surprised if he had done it again today.

Letting time run off the clock in that moment was a terrible decision.

Here is a major issue watch the last play cover 0 you know the defense is coming one the pass josh threw was horrible  7 yards off but he didnt recognize Beasley corner was 12 yards off coverage and he looked to that side and made a check at the line thoughs are the intangibles a qb needs he misses the easy plays

1 minute ago, TJC25 said:

But he also makes the easy throws look difficult my guy yes he has a flashes but not one 300 yard pass game. Not one end to end consistent game? Simple question for you if the d doesnt show up and the offense has to put up 30 what chance do you give us for a win 

I never said he doesn't make some easy throws look harder but he isn't  piss poor on short gimme throws. He has been improved 2 fold since last season

QBs who make it in the league generally get better with experience. I'd take a guy at 23 who makes hard things look easy and believe that with coaching and experience the checkdowns and nuances will come

After all that's why coaches exist

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I never said he doesn't make some easy throws look harder but he isn't  piss poor on short gimme throws. He has been improved 2 fold since last season

QBs who make it in the league generally get better with experience. I'd take a guy at 23 who makes hard things look easy and believe that with coaching and experience the checkdowns and nuances will come

After all that's why coaches exist

We arent going to see eye to eye on this be has flash plays thats it low yardage games horrid picks bad decisions a qb just doesn't fail cause coaches fail him if you got it you got it you dont you dont its simple any great qb will tell you that 

11 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

Here is a major issue watch the last play cover 0 you know the defense is coming one the pass josh threw was horrible  7 yards off but he didnt recognize Beasley corner was 12 yards off coverage and he looked to that side and made a check at the line thoughs are the intangibles a qb needs he misses the easy plays

I re-watched that play and I don't think Allen could have gotten the ball to Beasley, because the defenders were about to level him.

Again, the Bills refusal to take a timeout before that play was a terrible decision.

I know that Josh Allen has had some bad plays this season, but he's also had some good plays. He's doing much better than he did last season. Josh Allen deserves some of the blame today, but not ALL of it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TJC25 said:

We arent going to see eye to eye on this be has flash plays thats it low yardage games horrid picks bad decisions a qb just doesn't fail cause coaches fail him if you got it you got it you dont you dont its simple any great qb will tell you that 

He is tied for the league lead in 4th quarter comebacks and hasn't throw a pic in like over 100 attempts and has a better TD INT ratio than baker this season

Yea he has totally displayed he doesn't have it! Players never develop every year!

And he's only on Pace for like 3400 yards which you know would be Top 8 all time in Bills seasons. But he clearly sucks

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I re-watched that play and I don't think Allen could have gotten the ball to Beasley, because the defenders were about to level him.

Again, the Bills refusal to take a timeout before that play was a terrible decision.

I know that Josh Allen has had some bad plays this season, but he's also had some good plays. He's doing much better than he did last season. Josh Allen deserves some of the blame today, but not ALL of it.

So your saying if josh recognized off the line like he should have and then that was his first reas didnt have enough time to throw a 5 yard pass but had enough time to throw a 20 yard pass. Your d held nfl team to under 20 points we are only scoring 19 a game its been a whole season thing im not just going off today 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is tied for the league lead in 4th quarter comebacks and hasn't throw a pic in like over 100 attempts and has a better TD INT ratio than baker this season

Yea he has totally displayed he doesn't have it! Players never develop every year!

And he's only on Pace for like 3400 yards which you know would be Top 8 all time in Bills seasons. But he clearly sucks

How many of those comebacks were because of the offense not scoring the first 3 quarters? How many of those comebacks were because josh allen turned the ball over in bad spots answer me that. How many comebacks where there was the defense held a team under 20 points and a pathetic offense couldnt score till 5 mintues left in the 4th 

Edited by TJC25

15 minutes ago, TJC25 said:

So your saying if josh recognized off the line like he should have and then that was his first reas didnt have enough time to throw a 5 yard pass but had enough time to throw a 20 yard pass. Your d held nfl team to under 20 points we are only scoring 19 a game its been a whole season thing im not just going off today 

How many of those comebacks were because of the offense not scoring the first 3 quarters? How many of those comebacks were because josh allen turned the ball over in bad spots answer me that. How many comebacks where there was the defense held a team under 20 points and a pathetic offense couldnt score till 5 mintues left in the 4th 

Alright, so what exactly is your point.

That Josh Allen should be cut from the team?

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Alright, so what exactly is your point.

That Josh Allen should be cut from the team?

He has to start playing better as a qb and not be praised for inept QB play or be given a pass for bad coaching when actually the gameplan has not been that bad 

Edited by TJC25

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Except it wasn’t the final drive. The Bills got the ball back with about 1:40 on the clock and a timeout. You should win or tie that game 90% of the time. It’s a ton of time, and they couldn’t do it. Sometimes the team who has the ball last is going to win the game, and this should have been one of those times. NFL rules don’t favor the defense. 

The kicker missed two FGs. Is that something you forgot, or what?