Bottom line is the Defense has to prevent an 80 yard TD drive and we win

JerseyBills

Yes Dabol called a TERRIBLE game. 

Singletary getting 8 carries in a 1 score gm is mind boggling and idiotic. Outsmarting yourself dropping Allen back 48 times!!

But we persevered through that and had a 4 point lead and this defense holds them to under 80 yards, we win the game. That was unacceptable . This unit has been intact for 2-3 years going against a 2nd year, erratic QB. Where was the pressure? Our D played great but when it counted most , failed pretty badly. Ugly , hurtful loss today. My only hope is this team gets stronger after this one. 

Just saw the Hughes replay, brutal

We should be 7-2 , Worse loss in years. 

Edit - For example,that Edmunds blitz was beautiful,Tre last week was a great blitz. Why aren't we attacking, using our 6'5 freakishly athletic mlb to rush the QB a little more.

Mayfield  has had a hard time vs pressure and we just sit back. This group deserves the opportunity. Terrible coaching down the stretch all around and I love McDermott. First gm I'm very disappointed in the coaching versus a coach and team we should have wiped the floor with

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Yes Dabol called a TERRIBLE game. 

Singletary getting 8 carries in a 1 score gm is mind boggling and idiotic. Outsmarting yourself dropping Allen back 48 times!!

But we persevered through that and had a 4 point lead and this defense holds them to under 80 yards, we win the game. That was unacceptable . This unit has been intact for 2-3 years going against a 2nd year, erratic QB. Where was the pressure? Our D played great but when it counted most , failed pretty badly. Ugly , hurtful loss today. My only hope is this team gets stronger after this one. 

Just saw the Hughes replay, brutal

We should be 7-2 , Worse loss in years. 

Dabol did not call a bad game josh missed throws to receivers that were open

Edited by TheJauronClap
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I just don't think we are getting good enough production from guys like Edmonds and Oliver.  Edmonds had a bad first half and a rough year.  Oliver is basically last on the depth chart behind guys off the practice squad and street free agents cut from .500 teams. 

Our run D goes to sheet when we lose our third round pick from last year, and our top ten pick from this year is nowhere to be seen. 

We should trade back and get dozens of 3-5 rounders apparently

• Like (+1) 1

Been saying this all day.  Offensive shares the burden of blame, no doubt about it.  However, regardless of how badass the goal line stands were today, the offense did get the lead with around 5:00 or just under to play and the defense allowed the Browns to methodically march down the field to take the lead.   At one time, Chubb carried like four five defenders on his back to get a first down.  Several times had them in 3rd down but kept giving up out patterns at the sticks.  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

How many people on this board do not know how to spell the OC's name correctly?

D-A-B-O-L-

The defense was good enough to win today.  When you hold your opponent to 19 points and the offense can't score more, it's not a defensive issue.  

NFL defenses are not going to be the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens, or '02 Buccaneers and consistently hold teams to 10 points per.  Not happening. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I just don't think we are getting good enough production from guys like Edmonds and Oliver.  Edmonds had a bad first half and a rough year.  Oliver is basically last on the depth chart behind guys off the practice squad and street free agents cut from .500 teams. 

Our run D goes to sheet when we lose our third round pick from last year, and our top ten pick from this year is nowhere to be seen. 

We should trade back and get dozens of 3-5 rounders apparently

First off, I want want our avatars to meet.

Second, aren't getting anything from Oliver.  I don't even know that I saw him out there today. 

2 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Dabol did not call a bad game josh missed throws to receivers that were open

But Josh Allen has NO BUSINESS dropping back 48 times compared to 13 RB carries in a 1 score football game!!

I was literally sick this man stopped running, your stud rookie is averaging 7 yards a touch, 5 ypc on the day , UNBILLEVABLE

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Been saying this all day.  Offensive shares the burden of blame, no doubt about it.  However, regardless of how badass the goal line stands were today, the offense did get the lead with around 5:00 or just under to play and allowed the Browns to methodically march down the field to take the lead.   At one time, Chubb carried like four five defenders on his back to get a first down.  Several times had them in 3rd down but kept giving up out patterns at the sticks.  

Yup. This unit versus Mayfield and they failed.

Bars

But it's almost as they got more conservative, I think they should have had the confidence to be more aggressive on that drive. Brutal 

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

But Josh Allen has NO BUSINESS dropping back 48 times compared to 13 RB carries in a 1 score football game!!

I was literally sick this man stopped running, your stud rookie is averaging 7 yards a touch, 5 ypc on the day , UNBILLEVABLE

No business why say that? 

They’ve invested so little in the offense in 3 years, in fact they have possibly given away more talent on offense than they have gained. The defense has had heavy investment in all 3 drafts and in FA. They should be held to a higher standard than the offense until that levels out.

• Like (+1) 2

When you allow teams to run the ball on you, it really limits your offensive possessions, not that it matters with this team anyways.

It shouldn’t have come down to the final defensive drive, but it is what it is.

Once I saw the replay of the Hughes return, I knew the Bills goose was cooked on this game.

Move on to Miami.

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They both were, which makes that final drive all the more painful

Only scoring 14 points is as every bit as much to blame as that last drive. This defense has bailed out the offense all year with the exception of maybe the Giants. It's atrociously unfair for one side of the team to constantly bail out the other side. The offense hasn't pulled their weight for the majority of the year. The offense failed far more than the defense today only putting up 14, not to mention special teams *cough Hauschka*. Lack of execution on offense has kept this team in games closer than they should have been, and it's produced near losses as well. I won't put any part of today's loss on this defense. Yeah, they gave up some chunk yards today, and they stunk up the joint  against Philly. But the wins we have were more attributed to the defense. And with those wins came the masking of the offensive deficiencies

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Because our RB averages 5 ypc and it was never more than a 1 possession game. I can't comprehend how you abandon the run today. It's really bothering me

This team is who they are.

Until proven otherwise, they don’t have the football intelligence to compete with the big boys.

It’s just a fact of life we all have to accept.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffalo2218 said:

Only scoring 14 points is as every bit as much to blame as that last drive. This defense has bailed out the offense all year with the exception of maybe the Giants. It's atrociously unfair for one side of the team to constantly bail out the other side. The offense hasn't pulled their weight for the majority of the year. The offense failed far more than the defense today only putting up 14, not to mention special teams *cough Hauschka*. Lack of execution on offense has kept this team in games closer than they should have been, and it's produced near losses as well. I won't put any part of today's loss on this defense. Yeah, they gave up some chunk yards today, and they stunk up the joint  against Philly. But the wins we have were more attributed to the defense. And with those wins came the masking of the offensive deficiencies

I don't think anyone is arguing that point at all.  The point is, the defense still had a chance to win the game (after the offense scored mind you), and all they had to do was stop the drive.  They didn't get it done on that drive and allowed the Browns to take the lead.  

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nah, holding teams to 12 points on the road is a little bit high of a standard to expect all the time. More than 14 points on offense is not. It’s barely functional at the NFL level. The defense is more than functional, they’re pretty good. 

They are damn good; except on that final drive!

• Thank you (+1) 1