The same old names - Star, Wallace & Lee Smith

PUNT750

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I‘m pretty well known to not be a fan of PFF, but it literally is the job of a DT in McDermott’s scheme to do things that don’t show up In the game stats.  And insisting they must make tackles, sacks, and hurries just kind of looks un-knowledgeable of a DT’s role

If the latter is what Stars job is, he is excellent!  I watched the game, saw him get pancaked, he is a waste of 10m 

13 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Man they really limited his snaps today.  Weird.

Not weird, dude has done nothing all year hardly

Wallace is about as exposed as you can get. The other teams wave at him after the play because theyve been gameplanning for him all week. I know he was hurt at one point in the year, but I think you have to pull him just to change things up and maybe he can clear his head. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Levi has held up quite well in my opinion last season and this season. He did probably have his worst series ever on the last Cleveland drive but for as much as he’s targeted when teams try to avoid white he holds his own

Lee smith there’s just no excuse. Time to sit him down. No way the drop off in blocking from smith to Sweeney is that much to warrant all these silly penalties. I have never seen someone false start so much in my life. 

So that is what we are calling it when you let the receiver you are covering catch the ball ?

Levi has been struggling since just before the break and in all seriousness we need an upgrade at corner if they are looking for someone who can play man opposite White - particularly with how much our pass rush has tapered off.

I understand that teams go after Wallace instead of White, but that means that Wallace has got to step up his game or he is going to get picked on over and over. I have no doubt that if the team we play next week rolls this week's film Wallace can expect a lot more passes to go his way and we can watch him hold his own again.

Lee Smith - we are in complete agreement there. No excuse for having him out there when you need a reach block as it is going to be called a hold every time. Either the officials are looking closely at him expecting him to hold, or he has bad technique that is not being corrected. Either way, he is a liability on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

I keep hearing these names and it's always bad news for the Bills!

-'Star' didn't even get on the stat sheet today.  How is that possible playing in the middle of everything?

-Levi is awful in pass coverage.  Notice how the opponents try to isolate him in coverage.  He led the team in tackles today because he is always tackling receivers AFTER they make a catch against his coverage.

-Lee takes stupid penalties that help kill drives.  He runs off the field and all the coaches pat him on the back.  What is that??

Your point on Lee Smith is fair.  Way too many penalties every week. 

Was Levi Wallace picked on?  Of course, but he wasn’t completely terrible either.  I think he’s a decent starter at CB, though the Bills could always use an upgrade. 

In terms of Star - the Bills aren’t getting value out of that massive contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

For Star, it’s because his job is to tie up blockers.  He made a good read on a screen and broke it up.

Levi had a tough matchup and they may need to look at Kevin J soon.  Smith they can cut.  Your veterans can’t be the ones making bad penalties every week

Sad thing too- Smith is habitually having pre snap penalties- just plain dumb

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Every team  throws at Levy Wallace on 3rd & long, its a given.

Lee Smith is simply out muscled then holds, what is that 9 penalties for the year??

Star was ok yesterday ...I guess

Reminder, there was a trade deadline a few weeks ago...

Yes

Yes

Eh

Yes

Levi outplayed his 7th round draft slot last year, but this year he's more of a weak link in the chain. Teams are gameplanning for him now that White has turned it on even more. They cant keep giving him safety help play after play because we need those guys in the middle of the field. He needs to step up, or step out and regroup. 

I think a lot of people are taking their frustration about the offense and projecting it onto the team as a whole. The defense is playing very very well. The run defense has been a little rough the last few games, but aside from the first drive yesterday, the defense is playing lights out. If we were putting 24-27 points on he board and 7-2, no one would be nit picking the defense.