The same old names - Star, Wallace & Lee Smith

PUNT750

I keep hearing these names and it's always bad news for the Bills!

-'Star' didn't even get on the stat sheet today.  How is that possible playing in the middle of everything?

-Levi is awful in pass coverage.  Notice how the opponents try to isolate him in coverage.  He led the team in tackles today because he is always tackling receivers AFTER they make a catch against his coverage.

-Lee takes stupid penalties that help kill drives.  He runs off the field and all the coaches pat him on the back.  What is that??

3 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

-'Star' didn't even get on the stat sheet today.  How is that possible playing in the middle of everything?

-Levi is awful in pass coverage.  Notice how the opponents try to isolate him in coverage.  He led the team in tackles today because he is always tackling receivers AFTER they make a catch against his coverage.

-Lee takes stupid penalties that help kill drives.  He runs off the field and all the coaches pat him on the back.  What is that??

For Star, it’s because his job is to tie up blockers.  He made a good read on a screen and broke it up.

Levi had a tough matchup and they may need to look at Kevin J soon.  Smith they can cut.  Your veterans can’t be the ones making bad penalties every week

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

For Star, it’s because his job is to tie up blockers.  He made a good read on a screen and broke it up.

Levi had a tough matchup and they may need to look at Kevin J soon.  Smith they can cut.  Your veterans can’t be the ones making bad penalties every week

More dead cap if they do that. Because they needed to lock him up for 3 years apparently.

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

More dead cap if they do that. Because they needed to lock him up for 3 years apparently.

Dude, we just got out of cap hell. This contract was cap responsibility. I don’t know what your problem is...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Just my opinion but, I think Knox, kroft, or Sweeny could get penalized just as well as Lee Smith does, without any drop off in quantity.

Excellent!

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dude, we just got out of cap hell. This contract was cap responsibility. I don’t know what your problem is...

$3.5 mil for this guy!   And, he has a big dead cap hit.

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

It may be prudent to get Ed Oliver on a milk carton.  He's been MIA for a while now and did not appear in the box score.  

What can he do in the NFL?  Too small and not quick enough to crease the OL.   I am seeing a big bust here - just like Shaq!

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Lee Smith is absolutely worthless and serves no discernable purpose on this team. Star is not too far behind and screw all the PFF analytics on him. We should rotate Taylor, Liuget and Oliver in his place. Jordan gets the majority of snaps. Wallace was embarrassing today and should only be depth or Nickel. And Haush is definitely no longer "money".....but there's alot more wrong with this team than these 4.....

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Lee Smith is absolutely worthless and serves no discernable purpose on this team. Star is not too far behind and screw all the PFF analytics on him. We should rotate Taylor, Liuget and Oliver in his place. Jordan gets the majority of snaps. Wallace was embarrassing today and should only be depth or Nickel. And Haush is definitely no longer "money".....but there's alot more wrong with this team than these 4.....

I love people that believe in the PFF analytic' s.  If the player is making tackles, sacks, hurries etc. it shows up in the game and not on a spread sheet!

11 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

I love people that believe in the PFF analytic' s.  If the player is making tackles, sacks, hurries etc. it shows up in the game and not on a spread sheet!

I‘m pretty well known to not be a fan of PFF, but it literally is the job of a DT in McDermott’s scheme to do things that don’t show up In the game stats.  And insisting they must make tackles, sacks, and hurries just kind of looks un-knowledgeable of a DT’s role

• Thank you (+1) 3

I actually thought Levi played well. On the TD he allowed, he had perfect position— just dumb luck that that ball somehow made it through him. Same on that big completion on the last drive— he recovered well and stuck his hand in there and I think even touched the ball. Was probably like 1 inch from being a pass defend. 

He’s not a no. 1 CB— but seems like a decent 2. Landry too is a tough matchup.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Not sure about Star, but time to sit Wallace and Smith. You are right, same people with the same problem. 

Levi has held up quite well in my opinion last season and this season. He did probably have his worst series ever on the last Cleveland drive but for as much as he’s targeted when teams try to avoid white he holds his own. 
Lee smith there’s just no excuse. Time to sit him down. No way the drop off in blocking from smith to Sweeney is that much to warrant all these silly penalties. I have never seen someone false start so much in my life. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

We score 16 points against the browns and this is where you go?

16 points. Actually the defense scored 2 of those points.

14 points?!

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

Excellent!

$3.5 mil for this guy!   And, he has a big dead cap hit.

What can he do in the NFL?  Too small and not quick enough to crease the OL.   I am seeing a big bust here - just like Shaq!

Shaq does everything he was projected to do. He sets the edge well and is good against the run. They just thought they could create a pass rusher out of him for some reason. He actually had a good pressure early in the game and then they rotated him out and got gashed by a run to the right. The rotation isn't working. We don't have the quality depth to keep up with other teams right now. 

50 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Did Kroft play today?  Wondering if the foot is still bothering him or something??

They over payed for a guy with one year of decent production. I think that's what they call the process? Honestly though, I have no idea why they don't dress Sweeney. He showed good blocking and good hands when he got time. 

• Like (+1) 1