A Few Thoughts about the Browns Game, In no particular order

Virgil

Legit question, why does everyone on this board act like QBs missing throws is exclusively a Bills thing? All QBs do it, multiple times, every game. But most QBs don’t have coaches who give them no margin for error BY DESIGN 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

On a team starved for offense, not giving the ball to their most dangerous offensive player is simply incomprehensible.

Singletary had three touches in the first half.   THREE.  The Browns were near dead last against the run coming into this game. 

Daboll, what are you thinking?  I just don't get it...

This.  Absolutely.  I believed going into the game, if the Bills could get a combined 150 yards rushing they would have a good shot at winning.  Browns run D 30th in the league.  

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

it wasn't a read...it's built on on a cover 0 D

3 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

He did not have a chance or a view to spot Beasley

junkbill.PNG

Since when in Cover 0 can the QB not make an adjustment to his initial read? 

See below. Plenty of time. Fixed it for you:

Untitled.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Legit question, why does everyone on this board act like QBs missing throws is exclusively a Bills thing? All QBs do it, multiple times, every game. But most QBs don’t have coaches who give them no margin for error BY DESIGN 

When your QB regularly struggles to score more than 20 points per game, with a top 5-10 defense, you’re going to get more judgement. When JA can take over multiple games with his arm, he’ll get more leeway. Until then he’s been inconsistent, and his inconsistencies have been largely the most glaring issues in our loses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Since when in Cover 0 can the QB not make an adjustment to his initial read? 

See below. Plenty of time. Fixed it for you:

Untitled.jpg

John Brown was on the radio and said it was the play, when they showed Cover 0 this is what the offense was supposed to do. The only play was to John Brown and depending on if he beat the man or not it was an over the top or back shoulder throw. That was the only play based on the D. Jesus Christ; it was all in the thread I posted. What you are postulating didn't exist as a play Allen was able to go to. FFS

Edit:

Since you can't be bothered, I did the work for you:

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He already committed to that one read due to that D player 2 feet away? 

Exactly 

cover 1 Twitter has a breakdown from John Brown saying he got audibled to a go route. Absolute trash 

28 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

It’s the reads I’m more concerned about. 3rd and 4 multiple times and we go deep

take the high percentage throw. 

6 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

The thing for me were the penalties.  They were drive killing and momentum killing.  It was atrocious.

Lee's knocked us out of field goal range.

I think there was a second one that did the same, can't remember.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

it wasn't a read...it's built on on a cover 0 D

Can you imagine being a DC, you’re breaking down film on JA, and you realize that if you give him a certain look there is a 25% chance JA takes a sack. If you don’t get the sack, there is a 37% chance he completes the pass, and if he does happen to complete it, it’s only for 8 yards.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Can you imagine being a DC, you’re breaking down film on JA, and you realize that if you give him a certain look there is a 25% chance JA takes a sack. If you don’t get the sack, there is a 37% chance he completes the pass, and if he does happen to complete it, it’s only for 8 yards.

Here is another thing, McD is a defensive minded coach and "only understands" that side of the ball. One would think that he must have a fairly strong understanding of offense play calls and the intent of offensive play design seeing that the defense (his so called specialty) has to understand how they are being attacked and how to shut it down.

I would have a hard time believing that McD doesn't understand what you so astutely wrote; and believe that his coaching the coaches comment was directed at this side of the ball. It's pitiful. Beane again looks like a god for not pushing his chips in at the trade deadline - there are still lots of issues with this team...

The good Buffalo Bills OC was with us last week with more runs vs passes... and this week just like last year as soon as the Bills lose the lead this jackass of an OC calls 41 passes vs 8 runs for Singletary!!

This, against the #2 sacker in the NFL and meanwhile the Browns were one of the worst run defenses in the NFL...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffbills123 said:

My goodness. For everyone whining about Daboll and the third down play call, you do realize the QB has more than one read? Is this on Daboll? 

EJDFPg5WkAEYvng?format=jpg&name=large

If it is a designed back shoulder throw, there really is no read to be made unless Brown is double covered with a DB trailing and a safety over the top.  It's a rhythm and position throw.  If they connect they have two end-zone shots before a chip shot tying FG.  I have no real issue with the call.  I would have chosen a route pattern with more than one option featuring Beasley but a well executed back shoulder sideline throw is nearly impossible to defend.  

Also look at the DE a step away from Allen. Dawkins beaten terribly.  No time for a second read.

This picture tells so many stories

Dawkins and the line are not that good.  If Dawkins' agent wants him to hold out, just text him a copy of this picture.  

When in a pressure situation, the defense sent 7 guys to force the QB to make a throw.  Please someone send a copy of this to Frazier and McDermott.

Edited by Ethan in Portland

5 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

The thing for me were the penalties.  They were drive killing and momentum killing.  It was atrocious.

Starting to think that last week was an anomaly with so few penalties and this week was almost back to normal suckatude with 7 for 40 yards. They had been averaging 8.5 penalties a game until last week.

This team is just not good enough to overcome these stupid mental mistakes

• Like (+1) 1