Does gore look like he’s out of juice?

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

When he comes in the game, defenses know what play we're going to run.

Yes. He seems the same, but the league has figured out the Bills playcalling tendencies as the season has gone on. He's getting hit at the LOS or before more often than not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JK Fan said:

A little but he is still a great runner between the tackles.  He no longer has the speed to make the runs to the outside.  Those runs should be going to Singletarry.  

He did alright on the crack toss - and i get why you run it... but it felt like... what are we doing here? There's no chance you're getting more than 3 yards.

23 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gore is an all time stud. But... 

he’s slow to the edge, and no longer appears to be able to find that extra yard or two.

especially compared to Devin squirming his way to yards...  he just look washed up. 

Is he this years’ Tolbert? 

I dont think he is out of gas as much as the defense knows what play is being called when he gets the ball.

He's not very good anymore, but the run blocking/scheme remains a problem. This new cast of characters on the OL are big, but they actually grade out better as pass blockers. Bob Johnson hasn't really been a huge upgrade over Castillo in terms of run game coordinator. Very predictable and almost never is there misdirection that fools the defense. 

Definately noticing a slow down......he is being used in short yardage situations now and is doing just that......short yardage.

I would not keep him past this year.....I want a back that has Gores size but has game breaking ability to go with Devin SIngletary's ultra productiveness of over 6 yards a carry but doesnt have home run speed......

I think we need to get a little younger there next year......

On 11/10/2019 at 8:52 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he’s slow to the edge, and no longer appears to be able to find that extra yard or two.

especially compared to Devin squirming his way to yards...  he just look washed up. 

He kind of does.  Even in short yardage, he hasn’t looked so great.  I think he’s a good player to give a few carries to but we need more Singletary

On 11/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes he does. He is old and as the season is going on his age is showing more and more. 

Let Singletary learn from the HOF RB, AND carry the load. It’s time. Gore is a good guy to learn from, but he should be limited to only spot duty at this point. He’s solid to pick up a blitz or hold onto the ball, but this is one more position where we need to upgrade. I appreciate what he has given us to this point (it’s honestly more than I expected), and he can still play the backup roll, but it’s time to see how much Singletary can handle. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Gore has done what he needed to do - and arguably more. He will have a few more solid runs in him this year, but hopefully in a reserve roll for the odd change of pace. DS needs a tape job? Enter Gore. Clock chewing? Gore can be trusted. Gotta get big and use a battering ram? Agree or disagree, Gore. Id said all year for good or bad, better or worse, Gore is always good for 2 yrds. 2nd and 10? 2 yrds. 3rd and 1? 2 yrds. That goaline stuffing served with the Skins game killed that BUT he still serves a purpose and really, he shouldnt be a feature back at this point anyway. 

One thing I do know for ABSOLUTE sure?? I trust Gore 100000000000x more than Yedlon. Obviously they do as well.

8 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Gore has done what he needed to do - and arguably more. He will have a few more solid runs in him this year, but hopefully in a reserve roll for the odd change of pace. DS needs a tape job? Enter Gore. Clock chewing? Gore can be trusted. Gotta get big and use a battering ram? Agree or disagree, Gore. Id said all year for good or bad, better or worse, Gore is always good for 2 yrds. 2nd and 10? 2 yrds. 3rd and 1? 2 yrds. That goaline stuffing served with the Skins game killed that BUT he still serves a purpose and really, he shouldnt be a feature back at this point anyway. 

One thing I do know for ABSOLUTE sure?? I trust Gore 100000000000x more than Yedlon. Obviously they do as well.

Yeldon was inactive last week, and only fumbled twice.   ?

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes, he's lost a step since the first few games. Everyone loves this narrative at his age but I would've preferred giving up a 6th for Kenyan Drake as Devin's backup.  It doesn't matter anyway since dumboll has no clue what to do with Singletary. 

A few people suggested this a few weeks back and were roundly ridiculed. I suggested a 5th.

The OC doesn't trust an undersized scat back from a smaller school, a 36 yr old RB is running out of juice at midseason, and Yeldon fumbles at very inopportune moments.

What a series of unfortunate surprises. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

On 11/11/2019 at 7:22 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think he is done. The Bills needed to have traded for Drake.