Where does the 10th win come from?

letsgoteam

where does the 7th win come from is a good question at this point! 

13 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Think we will match up fine with Pittsburgh  They will play good d, conservative dont make a mistake offense behind a qb they dont trust   Sound familiar?

they also run the ball, something Daboll forgets is permitted in the NFL.  That will be a difficult game for us.   Their D also forces fumbles.  JA does not even need help fumbling 1/2 the time.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Skidding into 9-7, guaranteed. I could see them lose 5 more and make a nice 6-2 into an 8-8 finish. They absolutely get crushed by the Ravens. Lose embarrassingly on national TV on Thanksgiving to the Cowboys. Lose to the Steelers. Lose to the Pats. That's 7 losses. Can they win all three of Dolphins, Jets, and Broncos?  Seriously doubt it.

The most Billsy thing is to go to MIami this weekend and get beat. Season over right there. The Allen experiment then is teetering on the brink of collapse if he gets beat in a the most critical, stop-the-bleeding-and-prove-it game in a long time by Fitzpatrick.

I would argue the Allen experiment is on life support right now. The only saving grace for the kid is that there is legit argument that he's got a bunch of #2 receivers who scare no one and an OL that can't sustain a running game. However, there is still that questionable decision-making, indecisiveness, and accuracy problem that you just don't "fix." I wanted this kid to be it even though I was a "never draft Allen" person. But I was willing to give him the chance.  I see moments but I don't see him taking over games, dominating, and winning games easily like the great ones do. You can't make a career running an offense that averages less than 20 points a game in the NFL. This isn't 1960. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think Cleveland wins the game in Cleveland, and Pittsburgh gets them back in a few weeks at home.   Pittsburgh defense did look mighty scary yesterday though.

The Browns have better talent, and Rudolph is really limited. but Steelers are better coached and not as stupid. The Browns were very lucky to win yesterday with Bills missing 2 FGs (kind of like us vs Tennessee). They are typically unfocused and unprepared which will be exacerbated by the short week. I just foresee  3 days of chest-puffing and nobody-believed-in-us-ing and then a thorough pounding by the Steelers. I hope I’m wrong.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns have better talent, and Rudolph is really limited. but Steelers are better coached and not as stupid. The Browns were very lucky to win yesterday with Bills missing 2 FGs (kind of like us vs Tennessee). They are typically unfocused and unprepared which will be exacerbated by the short week. I just foresee  3 days of chest-puffing and nobody-believed-in-us-ing and then a thorough pounding by the Steelers. I hope I’m wrong.

This is a logical supposition, but I won't be surprised if the Browns win that game. I think they match up decently against Pitt, whose run game isn't that good right now. They have also generated 273 yards in total offense two weeks in a row AT HOME. They are like the Bills in that they are not that good because their offense is mediocre. They could easily have lost yesterday and should have lost to Indy the week before. Basically, when you play in a lot of close games, you are going to lose some of them. Pitt is one of those teams right now. 

22 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is a logical supposition, but I won't be surprised if the Browns win that game. I think they match up decently against Pitt, whose run game isn't that good right now. They have also generated 273 yards in total offense two weeks in a row AT HOME. They are like the Bills in that they are not that good because their offense is mediocre. They could easily have lost yesterday and should have lost to Indy the week before. Basically, when you play in a lot of close games, you are going to lose some of them. Pitt is one of those teams right now. 

They SHOULD win the game, just as they should have won 4or 5 of the 6 they have lost. So I wouldn’t be surprised  either but having watched this team I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. Fraudie Kitchens on a short week is an invitation to disaster. Yes, Steelers have no offense and are going on the road and I’m not a huge Tomlin fan normally but at least he knows what he’s doing.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

They SHOULD win the game, just as they should have won 4or 5 of the 6 they have lost. So I wouldn’t be surprised  either but having watched this team I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. Fraudie Kitchens on a short week is an invitation to disaster. Yes, Steelers have no offense and are going on the road and I’m not a huge Tomlin fan normally but at least he knows what he’s doing.

I hear you. I'm actually a big Tomlin fan (not necessarily as a tactician, but as a leader-of-men head coach who is remarkably consistent), and the coaching matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm actually a big Tomlin fan (not necessarily as a tactician, but as a leader-of-men head coach who is remarkably consistent), and the coaching matters. 

McD seems a lot like Tomlin, both in the leadership (plus) and tactician (minus) aspects.  It's also probably why guys like Cowher like him so much...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I hear you. I'm actually a big Tomlin fan (not necessarily as a tactician, but as a leader-of-men head coach who is remarkably consistent), and the coaching matters. 

My thing with Tomlin is he inevitably plays down to his competition especially on the road. Oh and he can’t figure out the Pats for the life of him when it matters. But give him a big game at home and he’s usually got that team dialed up. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

My thing with Tomlin is he inevitably plays down to his competition especially on the road. Oh and he can’t figure out the Pats for the life of him when it matters. But give him a big game at home and he’s usually got that team dialed up. 

No one can figure out Belichick. I just refuse to use that as a standard by which to measure other coaches.  He is 13-13 vs. John Harbaugh, another great coach. That's a better measuring stick. 

I don't think they will get to 10 wins i'm starting to believe the narrative that all their wins came by beating crap teams ! 

If Dabol doesn't utilize his talent better they may not even make it past 7 wins 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/11/11/20959111/snap-count-notes-buffalo-bills-at-cleveland-browns

He may be a pass heavy coordinator but this is ridiculous !! Just look at the total of carries each running back got in yesterdays game & if that isn't a red flag i don't know what is !! 

19 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Such a frustrating game, with the Bills blowing this one, where does  the 10th win come? Assuming we beat the Dolphins, Broncos, Jets. Do they even get 10? 

Unfortunately, I am starting to feel that 9 wins is not going to capture a playoff spot with Pitt and Oakland doing their thing.

I don't see them winning 10 games, they may even go 8-8. Its the Billsy thing to do 

Where does the 7th win come from?

3 hours ago, zonabb said:

Skidding into 9-7, guaranteed. I could see them lose 5 more and make a nice 6-2 into an 8-8 finish. They absolutely get crushed by the Ravens. Lose embarrassingly on national TV on Thanksgiving to the Cowboys. Lose to the Steelers. Lose to the Pats. That's 7 losses. Can they win all three of Dolphins, Jets, and Broncos?  Seriously doubt it.

The most Billsy thing is to go to MIami this weekend and get beat. Season over right there. The Allen experiment then is teetering on the brink of collapse if he gets beat in a the most critical, stop-the-bleeding-and-prove-it game in a long time by Fitzpatrick.

I would argue the Allen experiment is on life support right now. The only saving grace for the kid is that there is legit argument that he's got a bunch of #2 receivers who scare no one and an OL that can't sustain a running game. However, there is still that questionable decision-making, indecisiveness, and accuracy problem that you just don't "fix." I wanted this kid to be it even though I was a "never draft Allen" person. But I was willing to give him the chance.  I see moments but I don't see him taking over games, dominating, and winning games easily like the great ones do. You can't make a career running an offense that averages less than 20 points a game in the NFL. This isn't 1960. 

Allen gets 2021 without McDermott