Where does the 10th win come from?

letsgoteam

4 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Wouldn't stun me to see Pitt lose to Cleveland Thursday night.

None of the teams they're playing are that bad.  Their Defense is playing lights out at the moment, but as we've seen the last few weeks with our vaunted d... teams adjust.  I could see anyone on that schedule other than cincy beat them.  Just like anyone on our schedule can beat us.  Neither team has enough O to be penciling in W's on their schedule.  

Colts, Titans, Jags, Raiders are all still in it too.  All kind of flawed teams too, much like buffalo

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

The Bills could go into a tailspin and lose either of the next two or win one and lose one. 

There are also two wildcard spots. So both teams can get in. 

I think the two spots are between the Bills, Steelers and Raiders.... but will change if the Bills drop the next two. Absolutely can't lose to the Dolphins.

Don't forget about the Texans or Colts. One will win the division but the other will also be in the WC mix.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

All this fuss about the playoffs.  We are just going to get bounced in the wild card round anyway.  Instead of stressing the playoffs so much, we should be stressing be a threat to win it all.  What's the point of getting in the playoffs when you don't have a realistic shot. Right now we don't.  Our offense cannot score like a playoff team should

For a team that has only made the playoffs once in the past 19 years I would say getting in is pretty important. Building a winning culture like McBean always talk about means you need to win. Nobody who looks at the Bills realistically thinks they are a contender this season but making the playoffs would do wonders for their confidence especially the younger players who are the core part of the team the organization is trying to build around.

Just now, NoName said:

All this fuss about the playoffs.  We are just going to get bounced in the wild card round anyway.  Instead of stressing the playoffs so much, we should be stressing be a threat to win it all.  What's the point of getting in the playoffs when you don't have a realistic shot. Right now we don't.  Our offense cannot score like a playoff team should

I mean - Seattle made it at 7-9 and won a WC game: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2010.htm

Same with Denver in 2011: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2011.htm.  Denver wasn't even good - buffalo blew them out 2 weeks before.  

Ravens in 2012 actually won it all... nothing about that team screamed special.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2012.htm

I guess the reasoning is - you can't win a playoff game if you don't make the playoffs.  Win 1, and who knows what happens. 

I think we gave Cleveland a shot of adrenaline and honestly that game should not have been as close as it was considering the herculean efforts the D made at the goal line.

They may take one from PIT. Even so I think our road to playoffs requires a win there.

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I expect Pittsburgh to drop at least one to Cleveland, and I expect us to beat either Dallas or Baltimore. 

Seriously?  I'd be really impressed with a win over either of those teams.  I don't see it happening at all.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Seriously?  I'd be really impressed with a win over either of those teams.  I don't see it happening at all.

Meh, it's probably not a logical thing I can defend worth anything.. Just the NFL as we know it, our season is missing a crazy "how the heck did that happen" win and I think we'll get it. 

No one has any idea what will happen in any of the rest of the games. There almost 1/2 season left. Assuming wins and losses looking at the schedule is a waste of time. Jmo. They have a great chance vs some of the really bad teams of course but the nfl is weird and they could beat the Ravens and lose to the Jets. I just don’t play the schedule game, personally.

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Pittsburgh is losing to Cleveland this week.   

Let’s hope so but i doubt it. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I expect Pittsburgh to drop at least one to Cleveland, and I expect us to beat either Dallas or Baltimore

no way they beat baltimore. the two home losses have come from contenders, ravens are not only a contender but I see them representing the afc in the sb.

the way this offense has lacked the potential to score points with no change in sight, I am leaning toward them missing the postseason and finishing 8-8 or even 7-9?

9 games in has shown me enough to believe they are just not there and my fear is yet another regime has failed to field a contender.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

On paper Pittsburgh looks like the best bet, but ... the Bills haven't won in Pittsburgh since 1975, when the Juice ran for 227 yards.

The Bills will beat Miami, Denver, and the Jets. One slip up by either Pitt, Baltimore, or Dallas (turnovers, special teams flukes, etc.) and the Bills get to 10. They will not win at NE.

Small point of order, but the Bills did win in the playoffs in Pittsburgh right after the Houston comeback game in Jan of 93...but as far as reg season you’re probably right?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one has any idea what will happen in any of the rest of the games. There almost 1/2 season left. Assuming wins and losses looking at the schedule is a waste of time. Jmo. They have a great chance vs some of the really bad teams of course but the nfl is weird and they could beat the Ravens and lose to the Jets. I just don’t play the schedule game, personally.

Let’s hope so but i doubt it. 

I think Cleveland wins the game in Cleveland, and Pittsburgh gets them back in a few weeks at home.   Pittsburgh defense did look mighty scary yesterday though.

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think new England is completely unbeatable. 

Ok, you're crazy. No way the Bills go to Foxboro in late December and beat them in a game they'll likely need.

I see them beating Denver and the Jets to finish 8-8. Don't think they're beating Miami next week.

• Like (+1) 1