Where does the 10th win come from?

letsgoteam

7 hours ago, zonabb said:

Skidding into 9-7, guaranteed. I could see them lose 5 more and make a nice 6-2 into an 8-8 finish. They absolutely get crushed by the Ravens. Lose embarrassingly on national TV on Thanksgiving to the Cowboys. Lose to the Steelers. Lose to the Pats. That's 7 losses. Can they win all three of Dolphins, Jets, and Broncos?  Seriously doubt it.

The most Billsy thing is to go to MIami this weekend and get beat. Season over right there. The Allen experiment then is teetering on the brink of collapse if he gets beat in a the most critical, stop-the-bleeding-and-prove-it game in a long time by Fitzpatrick.

I would argue the Allen experiment is on life support right now. The only saving grace for the kid is that there is legit argument that he's got a bunch of #2 receivers who scare no one and an OL that can't sustain a running game. However, there is still that questionable decision-making, indecisiveness, and accuracy problem that you just don't "fix." I wanted this kid to be it even though I was a "never draft Allen" person. But I was willing to give him the chance.  I see moments but I don't see him taking over games, dominating, and winning games easily like the great ones do. You can't make a career running an offense that averages less than 20 points a game in the NFL. This isn't 1960. 

This Dolphins game is actually pretty scary when you think about what you said.  It wouldn't just be losing to Fitzy, it would be losing to Fitzy on a team with the worst offensive talent in the league.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

Such a frustrating game, with the Bills blowing this one, where does  the 10th win come? Assuming we beat the Dolphins, Broncos, Jets. Do they even get 10? 

Unfortunately, I am starting to feel that 9 wins is not going to capture a playoff spot with Pitt and Oakland doing their thing.

next oct

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

where do we win our 8th or 9th lol

I'd say we for sure lose against Dal/Bal/NE. thats 6 losses right there. so we need to win at pitt and at home vs jets. 

There’s no way McDermott is going to outcoach Tomlin in Pittsburgh and we don’t have the talent to make up for the the coaching mismatch 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Think we will match up fine with Pittsburgh  They will play good d, conservative dont make a mistake offense behind a qb they dont trust   Sound familiar?

The Stillers D will feast on the Bills offense.  They'll be lucky to avoid a shut out. 

12 hours ago, pop gun said:

Gonna lose them all and go 6-10 then fire everybody on black monday.

When you consider that Pegula had to think about firing Phil Housley  after the Sabres' ghastly collapse at the end of last season, it doesn't look likely even if they lose out.

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Question: If we miss the playoffs this year does McDermott get fired?

No.   See above. 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

7-9 has a much more homey feel to it.  We'll leave 8-8 to the Detroit Lions.

And we all know that the Tennessee Titans are "genetically predisposed" to go 9-7.  :D

1 hour ago, billsfan714 said:

This Dolphins game is actually pretty scary when you think about what you said.  It wouldn't just be losing to Fitzy, it would be losing to Fitzy on a team with the worst offensive talent in the league.

This ain't Adam Gase's run-for-the-bus Fins from 2018.  They're playing above their talent -- and anything is possible with Fitzy when FitzMagic is flowing.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There’s no way McDermott is going to outcoach Tomlin in Pittsburgh and we don’t have the talent to make up for the the coaching mismatch 

yup. this might be another 8-8 or even worse 7-9 season. if it happens changes HAVE to be made.  

Edited by Tesla03

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Just win against the Fins and Broncos you get to 8-3. Then all you have to do is take 1 of 4 games and the Jets game. One week at a time, get to 7-3 against the Fins first. 

Broncos can play defense and run the ball.  I could easily see them beating the Bills.  

14 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

yup. this might be another 8-8 or even worse 7-9 season. if it happens changes HAVE to be made.  

Agreed this is year 3 of the process, results are mandatory. I was never a big fan of this process and want so badly to be wrong. 

51 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

That'll be the deciding game, IMO. If we beat Pittsburgh we make the playoffs, even at 9-7. It's not a mathematical certainly, but the odds are highly in our favor.

If we lose that one we likely have to go 4-2 against a line up that includes Dal, NE, & Balt.

Just now, Rob's House said:

That'll be the deciding game, IMO. If we beat Pittsburgh we make the playoffs, even at 9-7. It's not a mathematical certainly, but the odds are highly in our favor.

If we lose that one we likely have to go 4-2 against a line up that includes Dal, NE, & Balt.

To be a playoff team, we need to win games like Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and/or New England. If we have no chance at beating those teams we don’t deserve to make the playoffs

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

To be a playoff team, we need to win games like Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and/or New England. If we have no chance at beating those teams we don’t deserve to make the playoffs

That's kind of the point. If we lose all 4 of those games we won't make the playoffs, even if we win the other 3.

But beating Pittsburgh means more for our chances than any of the other remaining games individually.