JR in Pittsburgh

Insanely great play by Feliciano

Lost in the shuffle of the game was probably one of the greatest, most athletic plays I have ever seen by an offensive lineman.

That is, Feliciano’s diving scoop recovery of JA’s fumble and then twisting in mid-air to get the first down on third down (and almost score). It easily would have been the play of the game had the defense held there at the end. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It’s not lost on me.  But for that play, the story of the game would be Allen fumbling AGAIN, this time on the goal line.

Ever since Allen stood up in his postgame press conference and announced that the fumbling issues wouldn’t happen anymore, he has fumbled in EVERY SINGLE GAME.

He’s a knucklehead with a high upside who needs a few more years in the oven.  I still like him.  But I’d draft a 3rd or 4th round Minshew type in this draft - someone with less athletic measurables but actual QB instincts.  Time to put some pressure on Allen to step up and grow up.  I’m tired of the slow starts and the poor awareness.

Eichel is pissing me off too, if anyone cares.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It’s not lost on me.  But for that play, the story of the game would be Allen fumbling AGAIN, this time on the goal line.

Ever since Allen stood up in his postgame press conference and announced that the fumbling issues wouldn’t happen anymore, he has fumbled in EVERY SINGLE GAME.

He’s a knucklehead with a high upside who needs a few more years in the oven.  I still like him.  But I’d draft a 3rd or 4th round Minshew type in this draft - someone with less athletic measurables but actual QB instincts.  Time to put some pressure on Allen to step up and grow up.  I’m tired of the slow starts and the poor awareness.

Eichel is pissing me off too, if anyone cares.

Fumbles suck and sure he is a bit stubborn in an immature/ thinking he's invincible sort of way, but he's definitely not a knucklehead and fumbles is not really not how we judge Qb's or change our patience with their development, especially in this era. Josh has not been throwing nearly as many picks of late (none in last 4 games now is it?). That's a good sign he is taking to the direction there.

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Fumbles suck and sure he is a bit stubborn in an immature/ thinking he's invincible sort of way, but he's definitely not a knucklehead and fumbles is not really not how we judge Qb's or change our patience with their development, especially in this era. Josh has not been throwing nearly as many picks of late (none in last 4 games now is it?). That's a good sign he is taking to the direction there.

this is where I am. These seem correctible too. I’d be more worried if the fumbles were in the pocket and he was fumbling as a passer, as opposed to when he is running. 

5 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I think you're right. Given the defense playing as well as it has, and the offseason moves to improve the offense, it's frustrating that Allen hasn't improved more quickly. And with everyone looking at a playoff spot, it's hard to be patient. But his accuracy is definitely better, can't deny that, even if there are other areas crying out for improvement. 

Going to be an interesting second half of the season.