When can we start to admit that the process failed?

ShipUPride

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

You could, but games go back and forth and 19 points on the road is a good effort. The goal line stops allowed the offense to even have a chance. If you’re expecting a 16 point output to win games in today’s NFL you won’t be very happy. Have to look at the overall picture. The D did their job today, the offense did not. 

Yep lots of if's the team is closer to you think and over reacting by Bills fans after a loss like the sky is falling is probably the most silly thing.  The team is 6-3 and at the top WC spot presently and I would say over achieving based on expectations going into the year.

But your right not over reacting

31 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I hate this mentality.  Why not this year?

”If not now, then when?  If not me, then who?”

Because they have 80 million in cap space sitting there, this is not a Complete  rebuild yet. Whether or not they spend it wisely is yet to be seen...

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hasn't failed, they are a year earlier than they expected. From all tangible reports next year was the full go year.

Is there links for that comment? 

Because they need to hit on a lot of starters next year to contend for anything. On both

sides of the ball.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It was a pass though, just like the Bills use all the time. It’s not like they lost on an iffy call. 

I realize that but this board is a little over reactionary after a close loss and over confident after a close win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree with so many of your points, particularly the one about Daboll.   His game plans from week to week are mind boggling.   Last week we ran Singletary because we played against the 28th ranked run defense.   Today we played against the 30th ranked run defense,  and Singletary gets 8 carries.?????????

I also am not satisfied with our DC.  When the Bills blitz,  it's generally successful,  yet blitzing is a rarity.  Can someone explain why we have to wait until half time to make adjustments in our run defense?  Can't these be made earlier, on the sideline?  Seriously,  I'd like to  know how adjustments work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Now- I really thought we were heading upward but I am seriously second guessing things now. Pure conservative game plan. Run D being gashed weekly. A FG kicker that is hoverin around 62 percent. A offensive coordinator that is running an offense that is unidentifiable. The list is long....

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

OC/QB combo is not the right fit is what the issue is...

Agree but this falls on McD as well. McD knows the D and O game plan going into every game.  How in the holy hell can a coach look at a teams weakness and not even try to exploit it? How can a HC and OC not understand that a solid running game is a developing QB's best friend? 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Allen is going nowhere.  You know that, I know that.  So people need to quit saying he won’t. He is in his second season and shows ability to bring the team back in the fourth.  Threw a lot of really good balls today.  Still working on his reads, and needs to hit one deep ball to get the monkey off his back.

Allen is likely our starting QB again next year but if we’re being honest, it’s his make or break year. If we still get more of the same then this time next year we’ll probably be talking about drafting his replacement.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Allen is likely our starting QB again next year but if we’re being honest, it’s his make or break year. If we still get more of the same then this time next year we’ll probably be talking about drafting his replacement.

He needs to continue improving, no doubt.  And they need to trust him to do so.

20 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Because they have 80 million in cap space sitting there, this is not a Complete  rebuild yet. Whether or not they spend it wisely is yet to be seen...

lol 3 years of a rebuild and we still look as mediocre as we did before this regime took over. Great success! Maybe by year 15 of this rebuild we can have a decent offense.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

A schedule can never be ascertained to be easy or tough until you start playing the season...too many injuries, player regression, player aging, draft picks, FA signings, etc to determine that...

Many times from game to game the difficulty or easiness of a game changes based on injuries to key players. Saying a schedule is harder next year half way through the season because you are looking at what teams are doing now is the most pointless exercise you could possibly do...it has ZERO meaning...actually negative meaning.

I agree for the most part. But I’m equally frustrated to hear we’re only in year TWO of the process and year three is when we’re expecting great things.  No, the window is unexpectedly wide open right now. Take advantage. Today.  

31 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Agree but this falls on McD as well. McD knows the D and O game plan going into every game.  How in the holy hell can a coach look at a teams weakness and not even try to exploit it? How can a HC and OC not understand that a solid running game is a developing QB's best friend? 

you mean with an RB who is averaging 5 yds per carry and only gets 8 rushes against the 30th ranked rush D?

Or running 4 verts on a 3rd and 4 with a QB who can't hit a deep ball?

Or wasting 30 seconds at the end of the game on deciding to huddle or not and then using a check based on the cover0 D to throw to Brown on 3rd down when they could have not gone to it and threw to the open Beasley?

Or trying to go for a tie with a kicker who has missed his last 4 over 50 yards (and missed one today)?

Or trying to play to not lose instead of win?

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

you mean with an RB who is averaging 6+yds per carry and only gets 8 rushes against the 30th ranked rush D?

Or running 4 verts on a 3rd and 4 with a QB who can't hit a deep ball?

Or wasting 30 seconds at the end of the game on deciding to huddle or not and then using a check based on the cover0 D to throw to Brown on 3rd down when they could have not gone to it and threw to the open Beasley?

Or trying to go for a tie with a kicker who has missed his last 4 over 50 yards (and missed one today)?

Or trying to play to not lose instead of win?

All of this is spot on. These are not over reactions after a bad loss either. This is the flat out truth coaching decisions that were made today. 

We got out coached by Freddie Kitchens for &%#$ sake. 

• Like (+1) 3