When can we start to admit that the process failed?

ShipUPride

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It is.  And if he picked a player just because the head coach wanted him then he also isnt doing his job.   Use whatever excuse you want but Beane's job is to get the best players he can, especially at QB.

Is it?  Who does McD report to?

McD and Beane are PEERS. Beane is going to get the player McD wants because if he doesn’t McD it going VFR Direct to the Pegulas as McD doesn’t report to the GM

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, leonbus23 said:

I think that we can admit the process will not amount to much at the end of the season if we finish 8-8 or worse. Maybe even 9-7. But I think we will definitely get one more year of the process. 

8-8 or maybe 9-7 at best.  Miami, Jets, Denver are the only chances at wins i can.  

• Like (+1) 1

I would just like to see more of a commitment to the run game by the Bills otherwise I think too much over reaction by the fans

Falcons beat the Saints today Colts lost to Dolphins Rams lost to Steelers Chiefs lost to Tennessee i'm sure there are a lot of over reacting fans today

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

6-3.  Lost a tough one today.  The only game we truly stunk this year was Philly.

i understand people get emotional after a loss.  But the reality is this:  Beane is going nowhere, McD is going nowhere.  Allen is going nowhere.  Daboll and McD need to have a heart to heart about using their young RB better.  

Some of your stuff is on point.  Some not.  But the plan is not failing because they lost a close game.

we don’t have big holes and we tend not to make big mistakes. Against a soft schedule we should fare pretty well. 

on the bright side - if Allen can continue to slowly grow it’s a matter of adding a few (admittedly sometimes tough to fill) pieces 

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

I thought they’d be 10-6. At this point I’d say they’re more likely to finish 9-7 and struggle to make the playoffs despite and all time cup cake schedule.

It is looking like your 10-6 record is in jeopardy.  There is still 7 games to go and things may change some.

The way I see the team is pretty much all aspects of the game need to improve.

It does seem everyone has their "pet peeve" reason (and I admit I get a little tired of that) but I'll stick with my observations.

If all areas improve some and Josh can learn to throw a long ball again things will get better.

On to Miami!

Just now, NoSaint said:

we don’t have big holes and we tend not to make big mistakes. Against a soft schedule we should fare pretty well. 

on the bright side - if Allen can continue to slowly grow it’s a matter of adding a few (admittedly sometimes tough to fill) pieces 

It’s not like I don’t see things that get me crazy.  Singletary is the most dynamic guy in our team yet we can’t or won’t give him the ball.  Allen is coming along, but there are times I scream at my TV:  throw the ball!!

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I would just like to see more of a commitment to the run game by the Bills otherwise I think too much over reaction by the fans

Falcons beat the Saints today Colts lost to Dolphins Rams lost to Steelers Chiefs lost to Tennessee i'm sure there are a lot of over reacting fans today

I’m not sure fans are overreacting here. The offense has been a problem all year, and continues to be. Teams that produce offense occasionally have bad games and I understand that. The Bills performance has been consistently sub par. The defense isn’t perfect, but they don’t give up more than 20 points very often. The Bills cannot lose games when they don’t. 16 points doesn’t cut it, and they had possession of the ball at midfield with over 1 minuet left and a time out. I agree they don’t run enough, especially with Singletary. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

But next season the schedule already looks way tougher. So Pfffffft, to that “next year stuff.

A schedule can never be ascertained to be easy or tough until you start playing the season...too many injuries, player regression, player aging, draft picks, FA signings, etc to determine that...

Many times from game to game the difficulty or easiness of a game changes based on injuries to key players. Saying a schedule is harder next year half way through the season because you are looking at what teams are doing now is the most pointless exercise you could possibly do...it has ZERO meaning...actually negative meaning.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not sure fans are overreacting here. The offense has been a problem all year, and continues to be. Teams that produce offense occasionally have bad games and I understand that. The Bills performance has been consistently sub par. The defense isn’t perfect, but they don’t give up more than 20 points very often. The Bills cannot lose games when they don’t. 16 points doesn’t cut it, and they had possession of the ball at midfield with over 1 minuet left and a time out. 

Can you not say they had the lead with 4m left and the Defense let the Browns drive 80+ yards for the TD and win?

Sure the offense has issues but I would say again they do not do a good job of sticking with the run game

42 minutes ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  Their players, their scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

6-3?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Can you not say they had the lead with 4m left and the Defense let the Browns drive 80+ yards for the TD and win?

Sure the offense has issues but I would say again they do not do a good job of sticking with the run game

You could, but games go back and forth and 19 points on the road is a good effort. The goal line stops allowed the offense to even have a chance. If you’re expecting a 16 point output to win games in today’s NFL you won’t be very happy. Have to look at the overall picture. The D did their job today, the offense did not. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  They're players, they're scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

The process is forever, it is not a 2 or 3 year thing.   Think New England, they have had winning processes (i.e culture) in place since Parcells got there.  Bellicheck continued them, and perfected them. 

I think the Bills are improving and the entire organization is gaining respect.  Sure, they have had an easy schedule so far but no teams control that.  

They have a decent shot to make the playoffs, losing today hurts but there will be opportunities to recover.  

Allen is the key.   If he fails short you draft another QB, an another, until you find one.  But you keep the talent base up so that whoever comes in is not starting with the mess that Allen had last season.  No more rebuilds, now we can enhance and coach up.  

We need playmakers, especially on offense.  The draft and free agency will provide more opportunities to add them.  The cap is well managed.  The players we have actually want to be here.  This year the talent is much better than last year and they will get even better.  

38 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'll wait until the season is over to make a call on that.

Right now, I like this season better than last season.

The process is showing improvement this year versus last.  As long as it continues to the end of the season, we should consider the season a success.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If that Hughes fumble stand we'd be talking about what a gutsy win this was by this team.  I need a full season before I admit anything.

It was a pass though, just like the Bills use all the time. It’s not like they lost on an iffy call. 

• Like (+1) 1