When can we start to admit that the process failed?

ShipUPride

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

JFC.  Allen won this game for us, and then put us in a position to force overtime after the defense blew the lead he created.  He's going nowhere anytime soon.

This right here...... all the Allen haters can suck it! He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

This right here...... all the Allen haters can suck it! He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

The hate for allen amazes me.....the hate and pitchforks need directed at coaching..esp dabol and to a lesser extent fraziers safe defense when it calls for an aggressive one..situational playcalling on both sides of the ball!

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

If Allen goes to the Bench that means McD is getting fired. 

fact is He passed on Mahomes, Watson and Jackson for Allen. So if Allen gets Benched it should absolutely cost McConservative his Job. 

also Who’s decision was it to draft a developmental QB and NOT put any weapons around him?  Who’s decision was it to start Paterman out of the Gates last year. There are more than enough to justify canning McD

Ha, that’s a good one! Not sure we have or will EVER see a 6 & 3 coach canned. Try again rookie

After today I hate to say I have lost confidence in Coach McD. I’m not a Daboll fan at all and believe he should no longer be the OC but the head coach is a problem as well.  The kicker should not be on the team this year but yet he was given an extension. 1 for a lot in challenges. Lee Smith has no business being on this team but yet he continues to play. A rookie RB averaging over 5 yards per carry but yet minus maybe 2 games this year they rarely get him involved. The team sucks in the 3rd quarter every game. It’s mind boggling that this team makes the same mistakes each game.  All of this speaks to the HC and his ineptitude. He’s a great defensive mind but has a lot to improve on as a HC. 

Josh is an issue but I have zero confidence in this staff to set him up in successful situations. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

6-3.  Lost a tough one today.  The only game we truly stunk this year was Philly.

i understand people get emotional after a loss.  But the reality is this:  Beane is going nowhere, McD is going nowhere.  Allen is going nowhere.  Daboll and McD need to have a heart to heart about using their young RB better.  

Some of your stuff is on point.  Some not.  But the plan is not failing because they lost a close game.

What, exactly, is this "plan" that is not failing?  I mean, I hear all the McDermott/Beane supporters alluding to "the plan" but it remains as elusive as "the process" whenever anybody asks what is it.  From what I can tell, the Bills are playing the same kind of decent defense, crappy offense they've played for most of the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If Allen goes to the Bench that means McD is getting fired. 

fact is He passed on Mahomes, Watson and Jackson for Allen. So if Allen gets Benched it should absolutely cost McConservative his Job. 

also Who’s decision was it to draft a developmental QB and NOT put any weapons around him?  Who’s decision was it to start Paterman out of the Gates last year. There are more than enough to justify canning McD

McDermott and Beane need to go, but neither probably goes anywhere until their contracts are up.   Pegula apparently has infinite patience as witness how long it took him to can the Sabres HC, Phil Housley.

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Does anyone really know what the “Process” is?

It's related "the plan" but the details -- hell, even the outline -- of what either is apparently is known only to McDermott and Beane who aren't sharing.

44 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

We are in year 2 of a full blown rebuild..next year is make or break..and im not saying wildcard playoffs...im saying legit superbowl contender who blows out teams like the jets,giants,redskins and browns

ROTFLMAO.

35 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We are in perfect shape right now.  No cap issues.  A solid team and lots of upside.  Process working just fine. 

ROTFLMAO>

3 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  Their players, their scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

Today's game pissed me off. This was a very talented Browns team that is poorly coached. Well guess what, so are we. Daboll is horrible and McD is a fool for giving him so much rope. Remember how long it took Sean to realize Peterman sucked. It's the same with Dumboll. Josh is all over the map and part of this jagged development is Daboll's fault. Sean enables all this. Hauschka struggled late last year and gets rewarded with an extension? This team had money to spend but still couldn't find a true #1 WR?  Now our running game is stalling and Josh still can't complete a long pass to save his life. This is looking like a 9-7 season and no better. Too many wins to draft CeeDee Lamb?

3 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  Their players, their scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

Answer is when their record is 8-8 or worse. That's when you start to see the plan failing. 

I say this aswell as judging the performance level of the team. The performances haven't fully been there yet they have a winning record. 

Edited by london_bills

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Today's game pissed me off. This was a very talented Browns team that is poorly coached. Well guess what, so are we. Daboll is horrible and McD is a fool for giving him so much rope. Remember how long it took Sean to realize Peterman sucked. It's the same with Dumboll. Josh is all over the map and part of this jagged development is Daboll's fault. Sean enables all this. Hauschka struggled late last year and gets rewarded with an extension? This team had money to spend but still couldn't find a true #1 WR?  Now our running game is stalling and Josh still can't complete a long pass to save his life. This is looking like a 9-7 season and no better. Too many wins to draft CeeDee Lamb?

The last drive man.

That was a real sh*tshow. 

I realize our fast start maybe gave us false hope, but to give up on Beans and McDermott already is not the answer.

Year one we make the playoffs .

Year two we suffer through down year with depleted talent to get out from under cap prison.

Year three is the first year that the new regime has had to start their rebuilding.

I would give them five years to see what they can do.

Why would you want the bills to start over again too soon like we have been doing for the last 20 years?

Stay the course and give beans and McDermott the chance they deserve.

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I realize our fast start maybe gave us false hope, but to give up on Beans and McDermott already is not the answer.

Year one we make the playoffs .

Year two we suffer through down year with depleted talent to get out from under cap prison.

Year three is the first year that the new regime has had to start their rebuilding.

I would give them five years to see what they can do.

Why would you want the bills to start over again too soon like we have been doing for the last 20 years?

Stay the course and give beans and McDermott the chance they deserve.

I would agree but they need to act on Allen sooner rather than later. 

ShipUPride is on a little vaca for starting a volatile thread and not returning ala dropping a turd and purposely not flushing. 

This could be you as well if you choose this tactic.

Decent discussion overall,  but the OP is feeling empowered by sitting back and laughing. That crap don’t fly.