When can we start to admit that the process failed?

ShipUPride

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can we admit this thread failed?

How about after next year, at the earliest.... you know the year we have a boat load of cap space and all our draft picks... 

This they are 3 games over .500 right now, it's not like we are the jets or dolphins... yes, allen needs to hit big throws and the offense in general needs to be better. Yes, we need to stop the run but good god its years 2 with our QB, can we at least give them the end of this season and into next season before we start saying they are a failure 

We have picks and cap room next year with another year for Allen to digest and improve, maybe we even get a new OC.. things arent perfect but far from a failure 

• Like (+1) 1

In the end the whole “process” is just Allen’s development. Has been and always will be the key to holding a buffalo job is establishing a franchise quarterback that can win 10 years or more. 
The offensive lulls this season are the only reason people have doubts and don’t take buffalo seriously. We can blame daboll or Oliver or Wallace or whoever is the whipping boy this week, but in the end every game this season is easily won with better quarterback play. Allen is the key to Beane and mcdermott seeing a second contract. 

I believe there are 2 issues.  The first is Allen not fitting Dabols system.  The second is the lack of use of Singletary.  Dabol has turned Allen in to a drink and dunk game manager QB.  He also needs to start using Singletary much more.  How about passing to him?  How about 20 touches a game?  Also, even with all of this the bills should have won today.  Hausch money makes both kicks we win.  Give me one more year before I say the process didn't work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can we admit this thread failed?

How about after next year, at the earliest.... you know the year we have a boat load of cap space and all our draft picks... 

Might actually be able to convince a talented, quality head coach to come here with all that cap space.

1 hour ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  Their players, their scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

I see you're jumping the gun. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Might actually be able to convince a talented, quality head coach to come here with all that cap space.

I will not blame McDermott for any of this.  And by this a mean a 6-3 team that has a great chance to make the playoffs.  STEP BACK FROM THE LEDGE EVERYONE.

• Haha (+1) 2

I’m not overreacting to the loss today.  Law of averages was bound to catch up with the bills.  When you play a lot of close games you eventually lose some.  

That at being said, this board severely overrates the job Beane has done. Beane inherited a roster that went to the playoffs his first year and an extra first round pick.  Beane then traded or cut most of that playoff roster and traded the extra pick for Allen, edmunds and a ton of cap penalties.  Brought in star and Murphy who are meh, traded a third for KB, and has a below average draft  record.  The only player adding value from the previous draft is Knox singeltary, and outside the first rounders from 2018 there’s no players seeing playing time outside of ST.  McD has done a great job coaching up the roster he has,  the problem is the lack of talent on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark92 said:

I will not blame McDermott for any of this.  And by this a mean a 6-3 team that has a great chance to make the playoffs.  STEP BACK FROM THE LEDGE EVERYONE.

love these responses. So when they don’t make the playoffs and the Bills collapse again will you blame him?

I'm not ready to admit the process failed, but there one thing that concern me. 

This team plays with no sense of urgency.  With all the crap Cleveland has been taking how could you not see this coming.  They knew their season was on the line (despite today I still thinks to over) but made they made things happen.  They convert 3rd and long all day.  We dropped pass, missed tackles.  The Browns made plays when they needed to and we just didn't.  Landry made two awesome catches today, nobody on the bills make thus type of plays when he need them.  As good as I thought T. white played that INT would have been huge, how does he drop that?  Look at Philly, they ran over us because they had to.  There has to be a time when the players have to make plays and the bills rarely do when it matters.

Put me down for 9 and 7, no playoffs.

1 hour ago, ShipUPride said:

This team is 100% McBeane's.  Their players, their scheme, their results.  

I see a QB who cannot hit a throw down field.  

I see a QB who struggles to hold onto the ball.  

I see an offensive scheme that is either too conservative or too aggressive, but rarely balanced.

I see draft picks not living up to either their potential our their drafted position.  

I see a run defense that has had multiple 200 yard games against them.

I see a defense that doesn't take the ball away.

I see below average special teams units

Overall, I see a plan that is failing.  

We are in year 2 of a full blown rebuild..next year is make or break..and im not saying wildcard playoffs...im saying legit superbowl contender who blows out teams like the jets,giants,redskins and browns

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

We are in year 2 of a full blown rebuild..next year is make or break..and im not saying wildcard playoffs...im saying legit superbowl contender who blows out teams like the jets,giants,redskins and browns

and then next year it is year 4 of a full blown rebuild and give them next year. Rinse and repeat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think for mcdermott to save his job we need two new coordinators. Esp dabol but frazier isn't as good as many fans hold him...he is too conservative

Just now, MAJBobby said:

and then next year it is year 4 of a full blown rebuild and give them next year. Rinse and repeat. 

How is next year 4?..mcdermotts first year wasnt the rebuild...last year was lol...without dabol being fired though i think the whole regime crashes amd burns..he is the weak link

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

I think for mcdermott to save his job we need two new coordinators. Esp dabol but frazier isn't as good as many fans hold him...he is too conservative

How is next year 4?..mcdermotts first year wasnt the rebuild...last year was lol...without dabol being fired though i think the whole regime crashes amd burns..he is the weak link

it sure was. They started the tear down. It absolutely is part of rebuilding. Sorry

and it is McConservatives Defense. 

Edited by MAJBobby