Bills problem in a nutshell

Big Turk

1 - Our QB is developing quite nicely. The film is out there it's really not debatable. HOWEVER, the kid needs to re-learn how to deliver a deep ball QUICK.

2- Beyond that , the team is moving nicely down the field to get a chance to win the game and the coach literally castrates both his QB and his offense by playing for a 50 plus yard FG. That lost any chance at the win right there.

Its as simple as that. Nothing else really matters. Kickers are gonna miss. We probably need a new one but that wasn't the big picture cause today.

• Haha (+1) 1

There were lots of problems today but I agree in general. If you are going to play a grind it out, low scoring type of game a fantastic kicker is a must. Haush isn’t great, he’s good enough.

His miss just before halftime of the NE game cost the team too.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Didn’t you predict us to go 14-2 last week?

Yes.  I have given up. I am no longer delusional enough to believe the Bills can beat a good team.  They just are not very good. I have to agree with Terry Bradshaw.

9 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

1 - Our QB is developing quite nicely. The film is out there it's really not debatable. HOWEVER, the kid needs to re-learn how to deliver a deep ball QUICK.

2- Beyond that , the team is moving nicely down the field to get a chance to win the game and the coach literally castrates both his QB and his offense by playing for a 50 plus yard FG. That lost any chance at the win right there.

Its as simple as that. Nothing else really matters. Kickers are gonna miss. We probably need a new one but that wasn't the big picture cause today.

Im not sure why he played for a 50+ yard FG when he had no confidence in him earlier in the game to hit almost the same length FG that would have given them a 10-9 lead at the time...

These are pretty common FGs these days and are routinely made...Hauschka used to have the longest streak of made 50+ yard FGs in the NFL so its not like this is some mystery...

McDermott knows Hauschka doesn't have the leg for them right now based on him going for it earlier in the game for really no valid reason so this makes his explanation even more puzzling...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, matter2003 said:

Im not sure why he played for a 50+ yard FG when he had no confidence in him earlier in the game to hit almost the same length FG that would have given them a 10-9 lead at the time...

McDermott knows Hauschka doesn't have the leg for them right now based on him going for it earlier in the game for really no valid reason so this makes his explanation even more puzzling...

That wasn’t the critical mistake. I don’t believe the coach was playing for a 53 yard field goal...but Daboll botched the play calling so badly on that series that is was all that was left to them.

26 minutes ago, zevo said:

This is probably one of the dumber statements I’ve read here today. 

honestly, we have some good pieces but in the trifecta of pass thrower, pass catcher and pass rusher we are currently behind in all three. 

in another soft metric- we are lacking guys that are overwhelming to game plan for.

They have had almost no success with deep passes this season.

It’s third and four on the wrong side of the field. 

They gamble it all on a deep pass. 

They kill the drive and end up punting. 

To me, that summarizes all the failures on offense this year in one play. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

honestly, we have some good pieces but in the trifecta of pass thrower, pass catcher and pass rusher we are currently behind in all three. 

in another soft metric- we are lacking guys that are overwhelming to game plan for.

Or anybody on defense that can lay the lumber.   They're all drag down defenders...

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Dabol is calling a pass happy game nearly every week without players that can execute it at a high level consistently.  With a young QB and 3 capable running backs, the ball should be handed off more often.