What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?

Peace Frog

What Was The Worst Thing About Today's Loss?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which one thing, in your opinion, was most responsible for today's loss to the Browns.

• Two missed FGs
    • Offensive play calling
    • Josh Allen's decision making/throwing
    • Clock management
    • Coaching
    • Poor tackling
    • Run defense
    • Pass rush
    • Other (explain below)

18 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills lost to a 2-6 team.  They now can't even beat losing teams.

Check the Browns schedule. They played and lost to the Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers and Titans, and they laid a 40 burger on the Ravens in Baltimore in a win. They are talented, play inconsistent and have bad coaching, but they have talent on both sides of the ball.

Edited by DRA3196

A lot of things collectively together.  Allen not making some of the throws he needed to make.  O line not making some of the blocks they needed to make.  Receivers not making some of the catches they needed to make.  Kicker not making either field goal he needed to make.  Defense not making the last stop they needed to make.  Daboll calling some pretty crappy plays here and there.  Not utilizing a run game against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.  Why is it we rotate our tackles?  Pick a ***** guy and let him sink or swim.  You don't get continuity in an oline by constantly changing the players in it.

As good as the defense played they also played just as bad as the offense did really.

Other.

Worst of all is that it was a winnable game if the Bills stepped up to take it. Yet, like we have come to see so often with this team, they tend to let bad teams hang around till the result teeters on the freaking knife's edge.

It is inevitable that when we do not put teams away we are going come out on the wrong end of some of these.

I was listening on the radio at work and turned it off after the Hughes TD and thought that had clinched it for the Bills

for an hour I was the happiest Bills fan on earth, then I came here and saw what happened...

Other

The realization that we have quite a few problem areas.

Josh Allen not being able to throw a deep ball is very disturbing.

Our offense has no 'identity' , what's our 'go to' play  when we need 5 yards? We don't have one.

Our defensive front 7 is probably just average.

Haushka isn't reliable.

Our Oline is average.

Not sure about our coaching staff right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, I can't pick one.  Too many things together.

I hear you, H B F; there were too many things.  I guess the thing that drove me the most insane was how on several occasions, Chubb would take the handoff and only after 4 or 5 Bills players and a couple of Browns players were dragged/pushed forward for an addition 7 or 8 yards would he actually be tackled.  It looked like Chubb had half a dozen secret servicemen hurrying him to a limo or something.  This happened at least 5 or 6 times during the game, IIRC.  Absolutely, puke-inducing poor play on our part.  I can't wait to see what we're going to look like against Ezekiel Elliott or Mark Ingram II/Lamar Jackson.  Oy!

Coaching - McDermott's playing not to lose and leaning on defense.  We all knew that Hauschka is not right before he attempted that kick, and that playing to kick a long field goal (Allen said they wanted the 30 yard line, which is almost a 50 yard FG) rather than trying to win with over 50 seconds left inside their 40 yard line and a timeout is inexcusable. The further away we get from the game, the less that other stuff sticks out, and the more this does. This is the worst thing he's done in his coaching career, the only thing that could have come close is if we HAD gotten a tie vs Indy in the snow game after he chose to punt that ball. 

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Not capitalizing on the Safety.

A false start and a holding penalty put as at 1st & 25. That killed momentum.

I disagree, it wasn't 1st and 25 that killed momentum. In fact the next two pass plays were great, leaving us with 3rd and 4 and putting Cleveland on their heals. What killed momentum was the play call on 3rd down, having Allen throw a bomb which wasn't within 10 yards of his receiver. What we needed at that time was a sustained drive from a 5-yard play. The bomb killed our momentum. I'll never understand that call, especially when Allen is so poor with his accuracy when throwing long.

• Like (+1) 1