Hauschka is at 61.5% for the season

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

He was money right up to the time that the Jets player blasted him and injured him.

I was mad that they asked him to kick a 53 yarder given how his season and his game is going. 

I just hope he does not turn fragile.

Yeah, they seemed too content to attempt a long FG. They should have had more urgency to get inside the 30 a worst.

30 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Didn't they mention he hit 44 in a row from within 50 before he missed the first one today? It's over 50 that's given him problems and if you're depending on that to win games, well you're not gonna win many.

You're not looking deeply enough.

The Bills are consistently going for it (and failing) because Hauschka doesn't have the range to make routine NFL kicks. How the administration gave him an extension in spite of this is very concerning; it seems to be an extension given in an effort to spark his confidence or in recognition of his leadership, which are both pathetic reasons to extend.

The Bills would have been 12 points better today with a good kicker. They would have won the game with a good kicker.

And then there's the eyeball test. He's not making kicks as well as he used to. His leg is weak (you see it on kickoffs, too), and he's kicking nervous. Balls don't have the power and direction they used to. It feels like every FG is an adventure.

Everyone says the kicker isn't hugely important, but they usually swing 1-2 games per year. Name one position other than QB that is that crucial to wins and losses.

I wish I had been wrong in the offseason when I complained about this issue and pretty much begged for a change. I thought it would cost the Bills games, and sure enough it is.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree.  Kicking aside, the clock management in those last 2 or 3 plays was terrible.  As to kicking, Hausch hasn't been good, but we are probably in the middle of the pack as far as kicking woes.  Many teams have had kicking issues this year - to me, it seems like a lot more than usual.  The Bears finally seemed to solve their kicking situation, until their new "reliable" guy missed a kick and lost them a game.  The Jests probably would have beaten us in Week 1 but for kicking woes.  The Vikings have had terrible kicking this year.  Those are the few that come to mind, but it seems to be an issue in most of the games I have watched this year.  Some if it is the longer PAT, but it's happening on FGs too.

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Still not convinced 53 yards on that turf in that stadium, with that weather,  is a gimme

unless it’s the other team trying it

yeah, it’s on the coach. Should have known his Kicker’s effective range. I would have rather they went for it than take a wild shot at a long FG on that grass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

He was money right up to the time that the Jets player blasted him and injured him.

I was mad that they asked him to kick a 53 yarder given how his season and his game is going. 

I just hope he does not turn fragile.

So you’re saying he’s still hurt from a hit that happened last season?

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

I know he was hurt last year. But he cost us this game. And changed the NE game as well.. were also going for it on 4th down in lieu of 50+ yard field goals quite often.. 

I think he might be done.   I didn’t think of this until after today’s longer miss, but he was short from 50 toward the tunnel in warmups last week.  Kicks from distance have been a problem for awhile I wonder if he’s simply losing a little leg strength. 

3 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Will be interesting to see how McLaughlin does for the 49ers. Was looking good for us and we let him go cause we had “hauschmoney”, apparently his struggles last year weren’t due to the cheap shot 

That kid looked good in preseason. And he had a Mc is his name. Go figure. Stupid extension. Too bad, he was so good in Seattle from 13-16. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I’m with ya. Just about any other plan would’ve been better than the one employed. And that’s coming from someone who is not a fan of designed QB runs with Josh outside the red zone.

Now that I think about it though, clocks running. The 2nd down play screwed them. That and McDermott calling a defensive timeout when the clock wasn't running

48 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think he might be done.   I didn’t think of this until after today’s longer miss, but he was short from 50 toward the tunnel in warmups last week.  Kicks from distance have been a problem for awhile I wonder if he’s simply losing a little leg strength. 

Yeah. Can't fix it midseason tho. Off-season priority I would think

• Like (+1) 1