One forced turnover by Bills D in five weeks

2 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

The D is the least of the problems this team has, but it’s hard to watch them week in and week out and KNOW in no situation are they going to force a turnover.

No, they are part of the problem. Too many times teams make third and long. Giving up the game winning drive was a problem, no turnovers is a problem.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Fair but he's making throws that we were told he could not make in the 10-15 yard range.....and there are a lot of balls being dropped and other things happening that arent all on the QB. 

I've evaluated him.  If the season ended today he comes back the starter.  What are you doing?

Besides the knox drop today where was there another one? 

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No, they are part of the problem. Too many times teams make third and long. Giving up the game winning drive was a problem, no turnovers is a problem.

Holding a nfl team to 19 points though 

2 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Besides the knox drop today where was there another one? 

Well there is a weekly Knox drop.

There were balls that were catchable.  Is that not true?  There were 2 deep balls he missed that were bad. 

I'm not sure how many drops.  

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Defense isn’t the problem. 

If anything I really don’t want to see our defenders giving up extra yards trying to strip the ball. I am tired of seeing Murphy trying to strip the ball and giving up an extra 5-10 yards. 

The team that wins the turnover battle is 80% to win in the NFL. Eighty percent! Getting turnovers is important stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

We should have won today exactly how the Packers won.  The fact that their D is playing better than us......there is something really wrong up front coinciding with whatever is going on with Oliver.

But I'm going to worry about the 2nd year QB who did enough to win today with no running game and had a similar performance to the guy that has OBJ and Landry to throw to.  And Chubb and Hunt.  

Allen's numbers look just fine compared to the #1 pick overall.  I'll choose a little patience.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There were balls that were catchable.  Is that not true?  There were 2 deep balls he missed that were bad. 

Drops i give you. but when josh misses he misses bad like 7 to 10 yards bad when he misses high they are high. I would really sit down as a coach to see and evaluate cause any time josh is on 3rd and he sees heat coming he doesnt have a hot read he runs instantly it looks like he doesnt have the feel of a qb a lot of the time 

3 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Drops i give you. but when josh misses he misses bad like 7 to 10 yards bad when he misses high they are high. I would really sit down as a coach to see and evaluate cause any time josh is on 3rd and he sees heat coming he doesnt have a hot read he runs instantly it looks like he doesnt have the feel of a qb a lot of the time 

When Jackson isn't finding guys college open he does the same thing.  And Jackson has made his share of throws to don't get me wrong.  

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

There was a big Roberts drop as well.  Would’ve been another one of those 15-20 yard darts we’re all growing accustomed to.  (Which, for anyone keeping track, are not throws many can make, let alone 5+ times per game).  There’s a reason why the announcers kept raving about the quality of some of his throws. 

20 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

So frustrating to watch Tre play well for 3/4 of the game and then have defenses called where he’s 12 yards off a receiver covering thin air (space). The good receivers then find space in the zone to sit and catch uncontested long passes.

i think first or second play of the Brown’s game winning drive I saw a safety bolt 30 yards downfield presnap in the prevent D like he was going to return a f$&@ing punt.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

The team that wins the turnover battle is 80% to win in the NFL. Eighty percent! Getting turnovers is important stuff.

Ok. Scoring more points than your opponent wins 100% of the time. When your D holds the opposing team to less than 20 points you should win the game.

30 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

First off i never said get those guys your labeling josh as a project. Tannehill has always been decent and cousins is still the worst qb for his contract besides cam. My solution is judge your qb he is missing open guys to break games open there are things you can learn but qb is a lot of timing and feel for the position you got it or you dont period the game on offense is won and lost by your QB 

Do you notice how on the broadcasts they STILL cover Dak as if he's a rookie learning how to play the game?  

Unless we somehow fell into an Andrew Luck type draft scenario with a sure fire can't miss must draft QB Allen is the guy next year minimum.  So let's get him better and get more pieces around him let him develop because he has definitely not shown that he doesn't belong on the field.  The exact opposite.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Do you notice how on the broadcasts they STILL cover Dak as if he's a rookie learning how to play the game?  

Unless we somehow fell into an Andrew Luck type draft scenario with a sure fire can't miss must draft QB Allen is the guy next year minimum.  So let's get him better and get more pieces around him let him develop because he has definitely not shown that he doesn't belong on the field.  The exact opposite.  

See your a media guy idc what a broadcaster or analyst says. Im sick of watching games where our defense holds teams under 20 and we are barely squeaking by. It feels like tyrod all over again if the d doesnt show up we have no shot 

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

He'll be the guy for his full contract barring a sudden regression that he's not trending toward. Film doesn't lie regardless of what fans with agendas say.

:)

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. 3 and outs are not turnovers

2. Turnovers on downs would count - not sure how many the defense has forced in the last few weeks.  Of course they had one at the goal line today but not on the final drive when it really mattered

3. I'd rather have a strip sack inside their thirty yard line than a safety.  Meaning, I'd take a short field and a chance for a TD or at worst a short FG over 2 points and a free kick.  

You are missing my point.  The defense needs to help set up the offense with better filed position.  No doubt the offense can do better.  But the NFL is a turnover league, not a drive it 80 yards in 12 plays league.  That is not the norm.  

No we need the defense to create negative plays and turnovers to put the offense in better position.  

Did you seriously just say the NFL is a turnover league? The lengths we go to defend this garbage offense...

We are tied for 9th in takeaways btw. I guess we need to be #1 in order to beat a team that scores 19 points. 

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dakota is about 200 miles ahead of Josh Allen. I'm not sure what your point was. 

13 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

3 and outs are turnovers. Turnovers on downs are turnovers.  A safety IS a turnover WITH points. 

The defense, YET AGAIN, held a team under 20 and our offense didn't get the job done. You keep the other team under 20 and you HAVE to win. Raise the standard. 

Thank you!

Hold this team to a higher standard!  

• Like (+1) 2