One forced turnover by Bills D in five weeks

The defense is certainly in better shape than the offense, but they are both linked. We already know the offense is not very strong, so to consistently ask them to drive 75+ yards is a lot to ask. The defense NEEDS to generate more turnovers and more pressure. It’s as simple as that. Then when those turnovers happen, the offense had to do something with the ball. The defense finally does something besides force a punt when they got the safety, and then the offense goes 3 and out because Lee Smith had gone almost 2 quarters without committing a penalty (why is this guy still on the team?!?!)

so while I don’t put a lot on the defense, they need to do a better job of creating turnovers to help out the offense 

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

3 and outs are turnovers. Turnovers on downs are turnovers.  A safety IS a turnover WITH points. 

The defense, YET AGAIN, held a team under 20 and our offense didn't get the job done. You keep the other team under 20 and you HAVE to win. Raise the standard. 

1. 3 and outs are not turnovers

2. Turnovers on downs would count - not sure how many the defense has forced in the last few weeks.  Of course they had one at the goal line today but not on the final drive when it really mattered

3. I'd rather have a strip sack inside their thirty yard line than a safety.  Meaning, I'd take a short field and a chance for a TD or at worst a short FG over 2 points and a free kick.  

You are missing my point.  The defense needs to help set up the offense with better filed position.  No doubt the offense can do better.  But the NFL is a turnover league, not a drive it 80 yards in 12 plays league.  That is not the norm.  

40 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

So we need our defense to score to win more games because the offense is not capable.

No we need the defense to create negative plays and turnovers to put the offense in better position.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

No, but if they stopped the Browns final drive (or at least keep them out of the endzone), the Bills probably win.

The defense held them to 19 points.  We can’t score.  We held the Pats to 16 actually less because blocked punt for TD but we couldn’t score.  I can go on and on about our offense

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The problem is we can’t score on offense.

If we could we’d be 8-1.

And if the defense could close out games games we could say the same - will always give them a pass for that NE game where they played lights out.

The problem is both. A defense that gives up 100-200 yards rushing each week and clock-consuming 80+ yard drives sans enough 3 and outs, and a schizophrenic offense struggling to finish drives with a kicker who cannot collect the bonus points when drives stall within striking distance. If Hausch hits those two kicks that's 20 on the board and enough points to win several NFL games that transpired today including ours.

No one on the team from the coaches on down can be happy with their performance today.

There is enough blame to go around, we don't have to lean on hyperbole.

In order to force turnovers, you need to pressure the other team's offense into mistakes. They rarely just give them to you. That means a strong pass rush, ideally without blitzing which puts Wallace in man v man coverage, and the Bills don't really have one.

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Our defense is the main reason we are 6-3.

If we had somewhat of a decent offense...we would be playing for the AFC east.

This ^^^ Defense is definitely not an elite group, but it’s more than good enough . Offense can’t score more than two TDs most days, and Daboll has no idea what a running game looks like. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

We're in year 2 of the project QB.

What's your plan?  

Everyone stop blaming a d for not getting turnovers when you held a team to 19 points or blaming a oc for bad playcalling when receivers are in positions to make plays and the ball isnt anywhere close. Here a question for you why is josh allen a project to you cause some analysts tells you he is? cause mahomes watson jackson were labeled projects and  look at them. but darnold and mayfield werent labeled projects and look how they are playing 

20 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

Everyone stop blaming a d for not getting turnovers when you held a team to 19 points or blaming a oc for bad playcalling when receivers are in positions to make plays and the ball isnt anywhere close. Here a question for you why is josh allen a project to you cause some analysts tells you he is? cause mahomes watson jackson were labeled projects and  look at them. but darnold and mayfield werent labeled projects and look how they are playing 

Everyone is a work in progress and grows year by year at the position.  The great ones.  Stafford is having his best season.  Ben has had his best in the last 5 years.  They do enough in their 20s get to their 30s and hit another level.  Its experience.  

Week to week....shoot series to series everyone reaches final conclusions on guys.  Oh he sucks.....wow look at Lamar spin move that's awesome and totally long term sustainable (or did it even count bc it was against the Bengals I can't keep up with performances I should take seriously or not).  

Ryan Tannehill is now good again btw!  How about that.  And one month ago Cousins was the worst QB in the league.

But you're right let's just go back to the elite QB store and find one or rev up the Delorean and select Mahomes or Watson.  That's loser Buffalo mentality I no longer relate to and just refuse to even harp on.  

My solution is John Brown is an elite #2.  We currently should be a 60-40 run team.  We need a DE that can set the edge better than Trent Murphy. 

Problems not getting solved until April and May. 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Everyone is a work in progress and grows year by year at the position.  The great ones.  Stafford is having his best season.  Ben has had his best in the last 5 years.  They do enough in their 20s get to their 30s and hit another level.  Its experience.  

Week to week....shoot series to series everyone reaches final conclusions on guys.  Oh he sucks.....wow look at Lamar spin move that's awesome and totally long term sustainable (or did it even count bc it was against the Bengals I can't keep up with performances I should take seriously or not).  

Ryan Tannehill is now good again btw!  How about that.  And one month ago Cousins was the worst QB in the league.

But you're right let's just go back to the elite QB store and find one or rev up the Delorean and select Mahomes or Watson.  That's loser Buffalo mentality I no longer relate to and just refuse to relate to.   

My solution is John Brown is an elite #2.  We currently should be a 60-40 run team.  We need a DE that can set the edge better than Trent Murphy. 

Problems not getting solved until April and May. 

First off i never said get those guys your labeling josh as a project. Tannehill has always been decent and cousins is still the worst qb for his contract besides cam. My solution is judge your qb he is missing open guys to break games open there are things you can learn but qb is a lot of timing and feel for the position you got it or you dont period the game on offense is won and lost by your QB 

2 minutes ago, TheJauronClap said:

First off i never said get those guys your labeling josh as a project. Tannehill has always been decent and cousins is still the worst qb for his contract besides cam. My solution is judge your qb he is missing open guys to break games open there are things you can learn but qb is a lot of timing and feel for the position you got it or you dont period the game on offense is won and lost by your QB 

Fair but he's making throws that we were told he could not make in the 10-15 yard range.....and there are a lot of balls being dropped and other things happening that arent all on the QB. 

I've evaluated him.  If the season ended today he comes back the starter.  What are you doing?