Browns have lost to

Niners

Rams

Titans

Seahawks

Pats

They destroyed the Ravens.

They are a long ways from a bad team. 

That not apologizing for 266 yards passing, 2 missed FGs, throwing 3 yard passes in the last two minutes, 8 rushing attempts for Singletary, giving up 150 on the ground almost every game seemingly...but they lost to a team that is far from as bad as their record indicates.

This. 

people need to relax. The browns have elite offensive skill players and an excellent pass D.  TheY suffer from bad coaching and bad mental errors— very Billsy-like things. But they can beat anyone.

i wish our D held at the end, but they didn’t. Not the end of the world. Let’s move on. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I thought that’s what 2017 was. So now this one wouldnt count either?... if you could let me know when they actually count or matter that would be great. Thanks. 

The prior playoff “run” was a farce

we can stand on our heads for another 20 years to see a real team out there, this one is learning to walk

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The prior playoff “run” was a farce

we can stand on our heads for another 20 years to see a real team out there, this one is learning to walk

Right so IF they make the playoffs in 2 out of the last 3 years neither one counts and we aren’t much better off now with a young qb, young coach and 80 mil to spend, than we were for the last 20 years? That about sum it up? 

.... makes sense.... ????

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This. 

people need to relax. The browns have elite offensive skill players and an excellent pass D.  TheY suffer from bad coaching and bad mental errors— very Billsy-like things. But they can beat anyone.

i wish our D held at the end, but they didn’t. Not the end of the world. Let’s move on. 

The Bills have no WR as good as either of the Browns' WRs, and they have no RB as good as probably both of the Browns' RBs. The Bills have a project QB playing in his 20th game who has largely outplayed the #1 pick of the draft last year. 

This was not going to be a 12 win team. They may go 9-7 and miss the playoffs. The Bills have 9 new starters on offense and guess what, they still have holes to fill, some gaping. Im enjoying the season, and remain cautiously optimistic that they are good enough to beat 1-2 of the better teams they need to to get into the playoffs. 

We will see. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Right so IF they make the playoffs in 2 out of the last 3 years neither one counts and we aren’t much better off now with a young qb, young coach and 80 mil to spend, than we were for the last 20 years? That about sum it up? 

It’s nice to get in this year, suddenly the playoff lock is losing sway

If they do it will amount to about it 1/154th of what the Kelly Era gave the fans

3 hours ago, Bakin said:

What the ***** is wrong with me?  
A 40ish year old grown man screaming at the TV and jumping up and down.

I'm 37 and was screaming and jumping up and down too when I thought Hughes scored to win the game.  And I don't usually let the games affect me that positively or negatively anymore.  After they called it back the rest of the game I had a feeling they were going to lose.   Today was a tough one!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s nice to get in this year, suddenly the playoff lock is losing sway

If they do it will amount to about it 1/154th of what the Kelly Era gave the fans

Well I think we can both agree it’s not about this year. But a playoff berth is a good foundation to build on... 

that being said people saying the playoff appearances are fake, meaningless or a farce is literally dumb as hell... bottom line is the bills did what they needed to over 16 games in 17 and other teams didn’t. If they get in this year the same will be able to be said. There’s nothing fake about that. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well I think we can both agree it’s not about this year. But a playoff berth is a good foundation to build on... 

that being said people saying the playoff appearances are fake, meaningless or a farce is literally dumb as hell... bottom line is the bills did what they needed to over 16 games in 17 and other teams didn’t. If they get in this year the same will be able to be said. There’s nothing fake about that. 

A WC spot has a lot of randomness, schedule

and division can be a huge factor

That the Bills squeaked out one in about 20 years is staggering at the failure

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

A WC spot has a lot of randomness, schedule

and division can be a huge factor

That the Bills squeaked out one in about 20 years is staggering at the failure

2 out of 3 years is a lot less random and a bit more like a trend.... but whatever man. 

let me know when they count..... I guess all of this is pointless talk anyways until they actually show they have what it takes to finish this year out. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, Success said:

Bad day for Hausch, obviously - but I did NOT get pretending to go for it on 4th, just for the 2% chance you could pull them Offside.

It was the equivalent of calling a TO to ice the kicker.  Hausch was ready to go in - you could see the coaches pushing him back on the sideline. For a guy whose confidence was already hurting, that did not help.

That whole sequence was silly. 
josh had made a few great throws and the ball was moving. 
strange. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Hausch missing two is on him.  He makes either one and it’s in overtime at the minimum.  

No excuse for an NFL kicker and many have been cut for less.  Not saying that should happen 

Hauschka should not have been put into that position at the end of the game.

The Bills were driving and then they chose to let over 20 seconds run off the clock. Why?!

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

hate to tell you this... but TODAY was a winnable game.  The way the Bills are playing on offense they’ll be lucky to be 7-5.  They have a bad QB who fails to score more than 20 pts and a defense who can’t stop the run

They showed a lot of fight  at the end of the game, eh?

Sure.
But you know that josh has more game winning 4th Qtr drives that anyone in the league this year?

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Bills were driving and then they chose to let over 20 seconds run off the clock. Why?!

You aren't wrong.  But it still doesn't excuse him to miss both kicks.  He's not right this season.  You have to be able to expect 80% from your highly paid kicker 45 yards or less

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Because McDermott and Daboll don't believe in Josh Allen's ability to floor the throttle and aggressively win the game.

They don't trust him.  Ask him to do too much and he turns the ball over.

So they deliberately played for a long FG kick, a tie, and OT.

True story.

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You aren't wrong.  But it still doesn't excuse him to miss both kicks.  He's not right this season.  You have to be able to expect 80% from your highly paid kicker 45 yards or less

Yes, the first missed field goal was ugly, no excuse for that.

Still, the lack of killer instinct is what ruined that drive. They should have called time out after Singletary could not get out of bounds. There was enough time for them to call more plays and get closer.

I'm not putting the blame on Hauschka for this loss.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Because McDermott and Daboll don't believe in Josh Allen's ability to floor the throttle and aggressively win the game.

They don't trust him.  Ask him to do too much and he turns the ball over.

So they deliberately played for a long FG kick, a tie, and OT.

True story.

Yet Josh Allen has made 4 game winning touchdown drives this year.

They believed in him then, why wouldn't they believe in him now?

Also, he hasn't thrown an interception in the last 4 games. I don't see where you are coming from.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I'm 37 and was screaming and jumping up and down too when I thought Hughes scored to win the game.  And I don't usually let the games affect me that positively or negatively anymore.  After they called it back the rest of the game I had a feeling they were going to lose.   Today was a tough one!  

We may be living in a parallel universe 

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, the first missed field goal was ugly, no excuse for that.

Still, the lack of killer instinct is what ruined that drive. They should have called time out after Singletary could not get out of bounds. There was enough time for them to call more plays and get closer.

I'm not putting the blame on Hauschka for this loss.

The loss was a team effort.  It never should have come down to Hausch, but we throw fades to our 5'10 receivers on 3rd and 4 when we haven't hit on that play all season

• Like (+1) 1

I felt dirty too, from the game and from not showering since Friday.  Then again I did have a vasectomy and you got to keep the area dry for 24 hrs.  Went the no needle route; still was no fun!  Why would I do such a thing?  I got twin boys (now 2, and living up to terrible) and, I never want to change diapers again!

In the past 20 years I knew the team would break my heart and so I did not invest.  This year was supposed to be different. It's games like this that make me feel like charlie brown trying to kick the football.

Until next week......

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

didn’t have a 4th quarter win today

I guess we should just move on from him then. 
All great QBs win every game. 

1 hour ago, DCBongo said:

I felt dirty too, from the game and from not showering since Friday.  Then again I did have a vasectomy and you got to keep the area dry for 24 hrs.  Went the no needle route; still was no fun!  Why would I do such a thing?  I got twin boys (now 2, and living up to terrible) and, I never want to change diapers again!

In the past 20 years I knew the team would break my heart and so I did not invest.  This year was supposed to be different. It's games like this that make me feel like charlie brown trying to kick the football.

Until next week......

Just when you get kicked in the nuts by life....you get kicked in the nuts by your team. 

• Like (+1) 1