I feel dirty after that Browns loss

Bakin

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

This game was such a bummer.  No Other way that you can spin it.  I feel really down on this team

so if they're 8-3 in two weeks , let me guess, you'll be doing playoff planning

what a bunch of fair weather fans. 

I saw some great things today.  So much fight in that defense.  Those goal line stands were amazing.   Offense has a ways to go, but no one expected that group to light it up this year anyway.  

Trust the Process.   This wasn't the year anyway.   Go get another drink.   Couple of winnables coming up. 

Bad day for Hausch, obviously - but I did NOT get pretending to go for it on 4th, just for the 2% chance you could pull them Offside.

It was the equivalent of calling a TO to ice the kicker.  Hausch was ready to go in - you could see the coaches pushing him back on the sideline. For a guy whose confidence was already hurting, that did not help.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're right.  Record is actually not a particularly good indicator of quality, particularly because luck factors so much into individual wins and losses, among other things.

Most folks who participate at this forum don't understand this though, and will continue to love our record while there is a winning record to love.

You know, I told myself when the season started not to have any expectations.   The record isn't important.   I just want to see growth and improvement over last year,  and for the Bills to be competitive.   The record took me away from that, and suddenly I had "great expectations. " 

So if I go back to my original plan for the season, there has been growth and for the most part the Bills have been competitive.  Where they've fallen short has been coaching and the kicking game. This makes games frustrating to watch, even if I have no expectations. 

2 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I saw some great things today.  So much fight in that defense.  Those goal line stands were amazing.   Offense has a ways to go, but no one expected that group to light it up this year anyway.  

Trust the Process.   This wasn't the year anyway.   Go get another drink.   Couple of winnables coming up. 

Buffalo fans  know bad football when they see it

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You know, I told myself when the season started not to have any expectations.   The record isn't important.   I just want to see growth and improvement over last year,  and for the Bills to be competitive.   The record took me away from that, and suddenly I had "great expectations. " 

So if I go back to my original plan for the season, there has been growth and for the most part the Bills have been competitive.  Where they've fallen short has been coaching and the kicking game. This makes games frustrating to watch, even if I have no expectations. 

"...The record took me away from that, and suddenly I had "great expectations. " .."    yeah, don't do that.  you screwed up.  

back it up, people.  they are 6-3, with a better than even chance of being 8-3, 7-4 worst case,  in two weeks.  You would have taken that at the season's start, right?   McBeanes need at least 12 more months to get this roster right.  They have the cap space and drafting acumen to do it too.  Trust the Process. 

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Buffalo fans  know bad football when they see it

when they lose, you call it "bad football", when they win, its "they got it done".   fair weather fans, that what I call it.   watch the replay, that game was well competed.  really a pretty good game.   a great fight.   If Allen tosses 3 picks and they turn it over 5 times, that's bad football.  that game was not bad football. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

hate to tell you this... but TODAY was a winnable game.  The way the Bills are playing on offense they’ll be lucky to be 7-5.  They have a bad QB who fails to score more than 20 pts and a defense who can’t stop the run

They showed a lot of fight  at the end of the game, eh?

Edited by Phil The Thrill

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

That is because you are a glass if half empty person.......we all have learned to live with it

Honestly, this is a mediocre team benefiting from having a weak schedule. We might squeak into the playoffs but my goodness do we have some glaring weakness on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Yeah, I’m with you in a that I’m a 46 year old man who turns into a petulant teenager when I watch the Bills. 

Football season between 1-4pm aren’t my brightest moments.

I try and not use bad language around my kids when we watch (6,5,3) but the word “stupid” and the “GD worst flipping play call ever in this teams stupid history” came out today. 

i know i know, very tame, however, i wasn’t wrong. That deep fade on 3rd and 3 was the absolute worst. Like throwing when up late against the Cowboys. 

22 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Honestly, this is a mediocre team benefiting from having a weak schedule. We might squeak into the playoffs but my goodness do we have some glaring weakness on both sides of the ball.

It’s more about the next 4 years than a fake playoff spot this year

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I have maintained two things all season

Its probably a 10 and 6 team

Its not a finished product

And I am ok with that

Today was the first game of the season.....10 weekends in....where we lost a game we should have won....in previous years this team's schedule would be riddled with losses like that.

I think we have found our TE's.....SIngletary is a playmaker.....Josh is improving year to year and had an extremely high ceiling....the D is top 10 even with its run stop weaknesses

We have a full draft and 80 million in cap space going into this next offseason to find

A legit number one wide out (Brown is a 2 but a very good 2....Bease is a 3)

A pass rusher

Another linebacker

On a side note completely unrelated.....I think that this whole Ford/Ngsecki thing is preventing us from bring up someone who I think could be a RT starter for us.....Ryan Bates.

Its coming along....we will make the playoffs and feel good about it....and our schedule probably gets tougher....but our team should also improve in the offseason to match that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have maintained two things all season

Its probably a 10 and 6 team

Its not a finished product

And I am ok with that

Today was the first game of the season.....10 weekends in....where we lost a game we should have won....in previous years this team's schedule would be riddled with losses like that.

I think we have found our TE's.....SIngletary is a playmaker.....Josh is improving year to year and had an extremely high ceiling....the D is top 10 even with its run stop weaknesses

We have a full draft and 80 million in cap space going into this next offseason to find

A legit number one wide out (Brown is a 2 but a very good 2....Bease is a 3)

A pass rusher

Another linebacker

On a side note completely unrelated.....I think that this whole Ford/Ngsecki thing is preventing us from bring up someone who I think could be a RT starter for us.....Ryan Bates.

Its coming along....we will make the playoffs and feel good about it....and our schedule probably gets tougher....but our team should also improve in the offseason to match that

I can’t be as blindly optimistic about next year as you. We expected Josh to make big strides, he

hasn’t, at least not to me. He’s improved in some areas but regressed in others and he’s part of why our offense sucks. He misses guys and misses opportunities to score points.

I think Daboll needs to go but then if that happens I’m sure we’ll hear excuses about needing a while for our team to gel in a new offense. I question McD’s ability to put together a solid offense and his in game management and adjustments leave a lot to be desired. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Repeating this.

Browns have lost to

Niners

Rams

Titans

Seahawks

Pats

They destroyed the Ravens.

They are a long ways from a bad team. 

That's not apologizing for 266 yards passing, 2 missed FGs, throwing 3 yard passes in the last two minutes, 8 rushing attempts for Singletary, giving up 150 on the ground almost every game seemingly...but they lost to a team playing at home that is far from as bad as their record indicates.

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 3