I feel dirty after that Browns loss

Bakin

1) Haus - he's catching the most ***** for this loss. Obviously it’s not all on him but, as per usual with kickers, you can win and lose based on their foot. I like Haus but he seems to lose confidence when he blows it early. Seems like McD also has limited confidence in his kicker, too. Not sure about the rest of you but I was certain he was missing that final kick. Ah well - shake it off Hausmoney.....

2) Allen - what a mixed bag game for him. I didn’t see the fire in his eyes today. He made some excellent throws, and a few head scratchers. Long ball still not there. Clock management at the end of the game was really bad. Feliciano was gesturing like ‘let’s gooooooo’. I know that’s also on his coaches. Maybe they were telling him to slow it down. Josh did run the ball well....scoring 2 on the ground...but Christ that fumbling is just out of control. I give him a C- for today’s effort. 

3) Run D - still suspect. Gave up a lot of big chunks. Eventually an opposing coach will get smart and just keep doing it. Chubb probably could have run for 250 if they just kept feeding him. But then again our goal line D was just incredible today. Sweet Safety. Hard to blame the D for the loss but they certainly were culpable. 

(the rest of this post is LAMP)

Immediately after the game, I stripped off all the Bills gear and showered and shaved and vented. 

That was a dirty game and I felt dirty. 
Was nice to do that for a change as I haven’t been at my house for the last 3 games...

What the ***** is wrong with me?  
A 40ish year old grown man screaming at the TV and jumping up and down.

Anyway - we are 6-3. 
6-3. 
Say it with me - WE ARE 6 and 3!

This is a good team.
Certainly not a great team.

But as always - I remain hopeful and positive. 

I’m not going to B word and moan about how the season is over, fire everyone, we need a new Qb/OC...so just bail on this thread if that’s what you are looking for. 

Then again - I’m such a goddamn Homer that I never seem to lose faith in this team. 

The best is still yet to come. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Bakin said:

1) Haus - he's catching the most ***** for this loss. Obviously it’s not all on him but, as per usual with kickers, you can win and lose based on their foot. I like Haus but he seems to lose confidence when he blows it early. Seems like McD also has limited confidence in his kicker, too. Not sure about the rest of you but I was certain he was missing that final kick. Ah well - shake it off Hausmoney.....

2) Allen - what a mixed bag game for him. I didn’t see the fire in his eyes today. He made some excellent throws, and a few head scratchers. Long ball still not there. Clock management at the end of the game was really bad. Feliciano was gesturing like ‘let’s gooooooo’. I know that’s also on his coaches. Maybe they were telling him to slow it down. Josh did run the ball well....scoring 2 on the ground...but Christ that fumbling is just out of control. I give him a C- for today’s effort. 

3) Run D - still suspect. Gave up a lot of big chunks. Eventually an opposing coach will get smart and just keep doing it. Chubb probably could have run for 250 if they just kept feeding him. But then again our goal line D was just incredible today. Sweet Safety. Hard to blame the D for the loss but they certainly were culpable. 

Immediately after the game, I stripped off all the Bills gear and showered and shaved and vented. 

Was nice to do that for a change as I haven’t been at my house for the last 3 games...

Anyway - we are 6-3. 
6-3. 

This is a good team.

I’m not going to B word and moan about how the season is over, fire everyone, we need a new Qb/OC...so just bail on this thread if that’s what you are looking for. 

Then again - I’m such a goddamn Homer that I never seem to lose faith in this team. 

I always feel dirty

2 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

How I felt after the miss

i-mockery-raiders-of-lost-ark-face-melt.

Really? You couldn't see that coming? I didn't even have to watch it. I said to my wife, "he's going to miss this left." Then went to the bathroom.

Expect the Billsiest things possible. It's easier and more often than not you'll be right.  8-1 betting the money line in Bills games this year. It's like stealing. 

5 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Anyway - we are 6-3. 
6-3. 

This is a good team.

This is not a good team, not even close. 6-3 is a product of an easy schedule.

The offensive and special teams units are awful, will most likely both be ranked in bottom 5 DVOA in the league after this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I disagree with the assertion that since their record is 6-3 it means that they are a good team. There are so many indicators to the contrary, it just so happens that the AFC this season is quite bad overall.

That is because you are a glass if half empty person.......we all have learned to live with it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is because you are a glass if half empty person.......we all have learned to live with it

I don't know how a fan of NFL football can watch how this team has played, has been coached, and come away thinking they are a good team... That just seems like wishful thinking more than anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MDH said:

Yeah, I’m with you in a that I’m a 46 year old man who turns into a petulant teenager when I watch the Bills. 

Football season between 1-4pm aren’t my brightest moments.

you were around for the Jim Kelly Era

12 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

6-3 is better than last year's 2-7 and this is a young team still..

I think it's important that they have stayed healthy, and still got a ways to go in the season.

Hopefully they start clicking and playing lights out soon

Sorry, but hope is not a strategy. What gives us any indication they are on the cusp of "clicking"? If anything they are misfiring and regressing to the mean. I almost lost it when Daboll called for a bomb on 3rd & 3 after the Browns FG. A screen to Singletary would have done it, while Allen hasn't come close to hitting on a deep ball all freaking season.

Not capitalizing after the Safety was huge.

Everything was going good on that last drive until the end. They should have called timeout when Singletary was unable to get out of bounds.

There was enough time to get closer for the field goal or to score a touchdown. Choosing to let the clock run was dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I disagree with the assertion that since their record is 6-3 it means that they are a good team. There are so many indicators to the contrary, it just so happens that the AFC this season is quite bad overall.

You're right.  Record is actually not a particularly good indicator of quality, particularly because luck factors so much into individual wins and losses, among other things.

Most folks who participate at this forum don't understand this though, and will continue to love our record while there is a winning record to love.

• Like (+1) 1