Hughes non-TD

pennstate10

Just now, Jobot said:

Such confidence but your justifications make no sense.  If someone were to provide an actual justification I would be thrilled.

SURE ARM MOVING FORWARD. BALL MOVES FORWARD. there the JUSTIFICATION AGAIN

Just now, Jobot said:

Hard to tell for sure, but also no way to think the ball goes forward from the replay.  The call should not have been overturned IMO.

Of course you have your Bills glasses on. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

wrong. Hence why Allen has an Incomplete pass EARLIER in the game when Garret hit him. Side arm (Garret has his arm pinned) and ball went str8 down. So that should have been a Fumble too you are saying?

Did that ball not go forward?  Also the justifcation was that it was because Allen was being hit that it wasn't a fumble... You may have actually proven yourself wrong haha.

Not trying to be a dick.  It was a unique play, but I haven't been convinced that the refs got it right.

1 minute ago, Jobot said:

Did that ball not go forward?  Also the justifcation was that it was because Allen was being hit that it wasn't a fumble... You may have actually proven yourself wrong haha.

Not trying to be a dick.  It was a unique play, but I haven't been convinced that the refs got it right.

wrong the justification on Allen’s First incompletion was Arm moving forward. That is all that has to happen. Jesus 

and is the reason these plays are reall in vogue takes the fumble out of it 

Edited by MAJBobby

Of course you have your Bills glasses on. 

Okay bud.

wrong the justification on Allen’s First incompletion was Arm moving forward. That is all that has to happen. Jesus 

and is the reason these plays are reall in vogue takes the fumble out of it 

If the qb throws a perfect lateral (not up-field or backwards) precisely down the line of scrimmage, is that a fumble if it's dropped?

3 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Okay bud.

If the qb throws a perfect lateral (not up-field or backwards) precisely down the line of scrimmage, is that a fumble if it's dropped?

did his arm move forward?  That isn’t what this is. Because the Ball did travel forward anyway

9 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Mayfield releases the ball from his hand at the 20.5 yard line and it lands at the 20.25 yard line.

and it also Hit Hunt so what is your point?

did his arm move forward?  That isn’t what this is. Because the Ball did travel forward anyway

His arm moved up towards the sky.

Also you didn't answer my question...

Edited by Jobot

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

and it also Hit Hunt so what is your point?

Dude this makes no difference.  Forward passes are determined from the spot of the ball, NOT the player.  You don't understand the rule, I'm gonna stop arguing with you.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jobot said:

His arm moved up towards the sky.

Also you didn't answer my question...

fine no logic so Bills fans go to Blaming Refs. 

yes a perfect lateral would be a fumble. To bad this wasn’t and the ball was moving forward. 

but let me ask we’re was this elite after that correctly ruled incomplete pass?

3 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Dude this makes no difference.  Forward passes are determined from the spot of the ball, NOT the player.  You don't understand the rule, I'm gonna stop arguing with you.

point the rule out to me then. Because they got it wrong Twice. Once on Allen and Once here is your contention. Yep Initially went forward with forward hand movement. 

https://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

foward pass

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I completely understand the rule. 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

If the QB, drops, pushes or passes the ball forward, it is a forward pass and in this case, incomplete.  Watch what JA does on the jet sweep with McKenzie.  The exact same thing.

Right, but if the QB simply holds the ball out and let's it go in the players hands, it may not be going forward.

I can't say for certain that it was, and I don't think the refs could determine it either, but they did overturn the call.

Not as cut and dry as some are making it

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I selfishly want to argue it didn’t go forward but that play is a point of emphasis and that is exactly why teams are running it this year. Always going to be called incomplete even if it SHOULD be ruled fumble unfortunately.

it helps when the intended receiver is aware the play had been called...